[ROM][H910|H918|LS997|US996|VS995|H990*] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-16.0 for LG V20

Search This thread

Grin59

Sep 5, 2018
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 10 Pro
@x86cpu, I was wondering, is there a way to get Pixel launcher working? I'm using OpenGapps Aroma and choosing to install the Pixel launcher but it force closes whenever I try and use it as my launcher and have to revert to Trebuchet. Wasn't sure what could possibly be causing the issue and was hoping you knew/had a workaround for it!
I recommend you use Lawnchair, it's like the pixel launcher but with more customisation. There's alpha builds that are stable, here's the link to V2
https://t.me/lawnchairci

Reactions: EnterTHEvoiD

hocheukhei12

Oct 12, 2018
camera

hello, i have been installed the latest lineage rom 16.0on my lg v20 (h990n), and i found that the rom doesn't have camera app, it a bug? i can just see the camera app in the setting, but can't open it and use it.
thank you.

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
hello, i have been installed the latest lineage rom 16.0on my lg v20 (h990n), and i found that the rom doesn't have camera app, it a bug? i can just see the camera app in the setting, but can't open it and use it.
thank you.

See post 3 about getting some logs. I have not been about to track that issue down yet and unable to replicate it. I know coming from 15.1 will fix it, but it should not be needed.

Grin59

Sep 5, 2018
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 10 Pro
thank you.
Try and get a log if you can. Flashing 15.1 then dirty flashing 16 will fix it

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

I noticed a one handed mode quick toggle, but not working. Are you going to enable it? @x86cpu

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro

EnterTHEvoiD

Dec 3, 2012
Try and get a log if you can. Flashing 15.1 then dirty flashing 16 will fix it

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

I noticed a one handed mode quick toggle, but not working. Are you going to enable it? @x86cpu

One handed mode works perfectly. You need to enable it under Display settings and then toggle it on the notification drawer. Then all you need to do is touch back button and slide either left or right.

Grin59

Sep 5, 2018
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 10 Pro
My bad, I posted before I saw that one handed mode works flawlessly on my H918. Thank you :)

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

One handed mode works perfectly. You need to enable it under Display settings and then toggle it on the notification drawer. Then all you need to do is touch back button and slide either left or right.
All you need to do is enable it and then slide from either side of the nav bar, not the actual back button

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

For one more question, does the hi dac work for this rom? Thank you.
It does with gamma kernel, it automatically enables when you plug in high quality headphones or something. Check the thread for the details

Reactions: G U C C I

sharon1122

Jun 29, 2008
does anybody know how to make the DAC louder? it is very quiet on my ath m50 headphones (also quiet on the offical lg earbuds) my phone is runnign the latest build

Grin59

Sep 5, 2018
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 10 Pro
@x86cpu can you please add the option to the Display Cutout under developer options to disable the notch? We currently have tall, double, and corner but not one to disable it. If it's too difficult then don't worry about it but it would be very nice

G U C C I

Jun 14, 2012
LG V20
yes i use the latest gamma kernel

The kernel enables the quad DAC by default when it sees you've plugged in high end headphones. I'm not 100% sure if it's working personally as my setup is as follows:

Phone DAC ----> Amp ----> Headphones

However I had read in another thread that it does enable the quad DAC like on stock and to be sure to flash the other 2 files that are provided in the thread.

Reactions: sharon1122

sharon1122

Jun 29, 2008
The kernel enables the quad DAC by default when it sees you've plugged in high end headphones. I'm not 100% sure if it's working personally as my setup is as follows:

Phone DAC ----> Amp ----> Headphones

However I had read in another thread that it does enable the quad DAC like on stock and to be sure to flash the other 2 files that are provided in the thread.
maybe the DAC is on i dont know but the gain / volume is not like stock, on stock when i managed to trick the phone to high impedance mode on my ath m50 headphones the sound was incredible. clear & very lound without distortion or squashing dynamics or what not
i wondered if there is any way to use the DAC amp so the volume will be high on lineageos also

I dont know much about the DAC, but on my vs995, i downloaded the magisk mod Viper4android fx. With a few tweaks i managed to get great, loud & clear sound from my earbuds and my Bluetooth car stereo.

that sounds good! only problem i dont use magisk cause it makes google play services always run & drain the battery for some reason
ill try to find a way to install trough twrp hope there is one
EDIT: viper4android wast much louder than stock and its running in the background & drains my battery so i removed it

if anyone have more things to try so the volume with headphones will be more like stock please let me know :)

Last edited:

G U C C I

Jun 14, 2012
LG V20
@x86cpu, quick question. I am coming from the Note 4 which Zerolemon had a 10,000 mAH battery for. The dev that was making builds for it back in the day had some tweak that allowed Android to be more precise about what the "true" battery percentage was here. I was wondering if that would be possible as I also have the 10,000 mAH battery on the v20 was well (H910). I just am not sure if it's a kernel related tweak or a ROM related one.

Grin59

Sep 5, 2018
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 10 Pro
This is a great launcher but I've noticed it uses 1.2 GB of memory on average. Do you know any other good launchers like this one but lighter?
Something is broken on your end, currently checking Running Services, it says 20MB. And under Memory is tells me it's about 160-180MB from 3 hours to a day. So maybe report this as a bug and try a d different version.

You can also try V1 on the play store (I use Aurora store myself since it's a FOSS play store client)

Reactions: EnterTHEvoiD

EnterTHEvoiD

Dec 3, 2012
Something is broken on your end, currently checking Running Services, it says 20MB. And under Memory is tells me it's about 160-180MB from 3 hours to a day. So maybe report this as a bug and try a d different version.

You can also try V1 on the play store (I use Aurora store myself since it's a FOSS play store client)

Thanks that works better.

Do you have gapps installed at all? Or you just use aurora?

Last edited:

kmarantz

Nov 16, 2013
ROM download

Is this still downloadable?
I can not locate the rom file(s). what are they named? I'm usually not this dense. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

WARNING: BETA BUILD. There are numerous issues still.

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Nougat firmware needed for fingerprints to work correctly : https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79342931&postcount=939

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-16.0 for LG V20 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.

IMPORTANT

• BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
    • Builds are done periodically (see download below)
    • Do NOT be rude.
    • Respect all users.
    • Any and all users, please help each other. I have a us996 variant, so other variants might have some issues.

For broken issues see 2nd post

Issues:

• us996 static on boot: Unlock bootload from LG, using dirty Santa causes static on boot, will not fix. (Flash the us996-DS version)
    • WiFi or Bluetooth MAC is "00:00:00:00:00:00" - You wiped the misc partition, you'll need to fix: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70474540&postcount=12 (Should be fixed by static hax thanks for @Blaises)
    • 5Ghz tether not working due to "error"
    • H918 - ARB1 .. flash the 10p version, ARB0..flash the PRE10p. (10p is where the ARB got tripped to 1)

Install
    • You can upgrade from 15.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 16.0. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recover before upgrade, not reboot into system).
    • I would suggest the TWRP from Phoenix591 (See Thanks section below)
    • Flash to-x86cpu.zip if needed. (See Downloads below)
    • Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
    • Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
    • Magisk if you choose
    • Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
    • Reboot and wait....

(Copied from OFFICIAL thread)
    To enable Developer Options go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.

Bugs
    If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I use the us996 variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
    Please indicate what v20 variant you have (h910, h918/p, ls997 us996, vs995, h990/ds) athe dated version. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
    I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.

Thanks

Downloads
    ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date)
    Gapps: arm64 nano 9.0

Sourcesrs/0B51rjK5Hd_P5NmpwY1o4VmlyaUk

UNOFFICIAL downloads
    Issues

WARNING: This build is running in permissive mode.

What is working:
    • Fingerprints (If they are not READ: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79342931&postcount=939 )
    • WiFi
    • Camera
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth ONLY IF you come from an upgraded 15.1 version only.
    • 2.4 Ghz Hotspot
    • USB OTG
    • The v20 Second Screen! The upper left area is now a defined notch. This allows for the second screen area to be active now!

What is NOT working:
    • VoLTE and WiFi calling do not (and most likely never will).
    • 5.0 Ghz Hotspot (still)
    • Bluetooth will fail if you wipe (clean flash).
    • NFC
    • IR
    • Encrpytion is untested, so it may fail.
    • Fingerprints will only work until a reboot. You can then enroll again. If you get an error in enrolling, the fpdata is "full", and you will need to do the following as root and reboot. You can then enroll again:
      Code:
      rm /data/system/users/0/fpdata/user.db
      rm /data/system/users/0/settings_fingerprint.xml
    • Most likely safteynet will fail. This build is in permissive mode, unsure if anything can help to fake it (nor will I try).
    • Gamma Kernel will not work without updates to it. Camera will definitely break.

Anything else NOT listed above might or might not work. I will adjust as necessary and reports. If anyone has any knowledge and can troubleshoot and fix the NOT working items, let me know.
    Here you go guys, the first Lineage 16.0 test builds for Gamma Kernel:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=286757

Let me know what you guys find out ;)... I will create a separate thread after we know there are no weird things going on and the weird ones get fixed. Hopefully we can help out with a few things as we all begin testing LineageOS 16.0 for our beloved V20!

UPDATE: Fixed link... oops!
    lineage-16.0-20190514-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-20190514-X86CPU

• May security update.
    • Fixed issue with deep sleep.
    • Added 3 finger swipe screenshot (settings/system/advanced/gestures to enable)
    lineage-16.0-20190327-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-20190327-X86CPU

NOTE: The h990 is the last in the build, it crossed the GMT date, so it labeled lineage-16.0-20190328-X86CPU

• Brightness adjustment try.
    • I hope (and needs testing), that Bluetooth/WiFi work now on a clean (data wipe) flash. This means no more having to come from 15.1.
    It took way to much time to track down the issue with getting Bluetooth address on a reset.