[ROM][H910|H918|LS997|US996|VS995|H990*] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-17.1 for LG V20

Search This thread

ChrisVN

Sep 10, 2015
I'd love to see a useful guide for F800K.
All of guides are useless with non working camera,flash.
--
EDITED: Nevermind, reflash and everything work just fine by using x86cpu guides. strange.

Last edited:

VelosterM14

Aug 19, 2014
Hi I am sorry to dredge this old topic up again but am hoping someobdy might have a brief version of steps guide to get our H918's back from LineageOS 17.1 to stock nougat, so I could re-root etc.

I do have TWRP v3.5.0 - 9 on the phones currently on recovery and laf.

Not been able to find much

I figured it would take using LGUP to flash stock 10P, so I ran the laf-recovery.zip from TWRP which did give me download mode back but now LGUP can't recognize the device even with using Uppercut to launch LGUP from, so I'm sort of stuck.

Would go to LOS 18.1 but the motivator for all this of course is the VoLTE cutoff coming from T-Mobile. Looking to buy some time going back to a stock rooted ROM setup til we can find newer phones we like.

mangokm40

Jan 13, 2019
Hi I am sorry to dredge this old topic up again but am hoping someobdy might have a brief version of steps guide to get our H918's back from LineageOS 17.1 to stock nougat, so I could re-root etc.

I do have TWRP v3.5.0 - 9 on the phones currently on recovery and laf.

Not been able to find much

I figured it would take using LGUP to flash stock 10P, so I ran the laf-recovery.zip from TWRP which did give me download mode back but now LGUP can't recognize the device even with using Uppercut to launch LGUP from, so I'm sort of stuck.

Would go to LOS 18.1 but the motivator for all this of course is the VoLTE cutoff coming from T-Mobile. Looking to buy some time going back to a stock rooted ROM setup til we can find newer phones we like.
1) I think this is the wrong topic.
2) "so I could re-root etc." -- I think you'll need to let people know what you're final destination is.

VelosterM14

Aug 19, 2014
Hi, thanks for the reply. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough with where I am trying to go.

I am trying to get back to a rooted stock, Nougat (10P, I can get to 10U from there). The bolded items are details I already provided in my post above. I might maybe have a go at Oreo someday if I can just get back to Nougat, but I'd be happy to just get back to a rooted stock Nougat.

I figured I would at least need to:

flash stock 10P kdz
redo the 10P lafsploit
install magisk of choice

but ran into issues.

1) If I asked somewhere else I am almost certain they would tell me to go ask here, because LOS 17.1 is where I was, and it is not stock. The LOS people would be most familiar with whatever/anything funky LOS 17.1 might do to a stock setup that I need to know if I want to go back to stock. That was my line of thinking.

With the need nearly anyone running Lineage OS with a H918 V20 would have of going back to stock if they want VoLTE support on their phone, I figured I was probably not the only one trying to do so. Why? So we have something to use when TMO turns off 3G, H+, etc. (anytime now) and until I can find us a couple phones we can stand to use for our next phones.

I have seen multiple mentions in other topics/areas that Lineage OS changes the standard partitions or sizes of them which can cause some problems with people getting back to stock. such as kdzwriter thread. But not enough details to understand if it applies to me. Yeah, I asked over there too. Crickets.

I had problems with my H918, just trying to flash stock TMO H91810p KDZ back to it with LGUP. First hurdle was needing right DLL for LGUP to recognize but I got past that. It finished and seemed fine, reboots, but will never get past the Tmobile screen. Have let it sit > 1 hour, doesn't matter. Phone gets quite warm but I suspect it is in a boot loop. No idea why though. have tried re-flashing too, partition DL mode too, all "work" but after reboot its still always getting stuck in T Mobille screen.

versus our "spare" H918 that we left stock but was rooted etc. I flashed the same H91810P bone stock KDZ file to that phone and its fine. can lafsploit etc. and since "my" H918 is now fubar I am up and running with "the spare".

So I figured if there was anywhere people would know of the "right" way to get back to stock from 17.1 -- and anything extra I should plan on needing to do -- this would be the place to ask.

Thanks for any advice. I'm pretty technical but I am not constantly flashing and reflashing roms, rooting, etc. Only when I have to for some reason although I did keep 17.1 updated as the updates came out, just that (EDIT!) somewhere around March of '21 I think it was, the update notifications I was getting from the update checker were for 18.1 which required a manual upgrade.

Last edited:

xxseva44

Hi, thanks for the reply. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough with where I am trying to go.

I am trying to get back to a rooted stock, Nougat (10P, I can get to 10U from there). The bolded items are details I already provided in my post above. I might maybe have a go at Oreo someday if I can just get back to Nougat, but I'd be happy to just get back to a rooted stock Nougat.

I figured I would at least need to:

flash stock 10P kdz
redo the 10P lafsploit
install magisk of choice

but ran into issues.

1) If I asked somewhere else I am almost certain they would tell me to go ask here, because LOS 17.1 is where I was, and it is not stock. The LOS people would be most familiar with whatever/anything funky LOS 17.1 might do to a stock setup that I need to know if I want to go back to stock. That was my line of thinking.

With the need nearly anyone running Lineage OS with a H918 V20 would have of going back to stock if they want VoLTE support on their phone, I figured I was probably not the only one trying to do so. Why? So we have something to use when TMO turns off 3G, H+, etc. (anytime now) and until I can find us a couple phones we can stand to use for our next phones.

I have seen multiple mentions in other topics/areas that Lineage OS changes the standard partitions or sizes of them which can cause some problems with people getting back to stock. such as kdzwriter thread. But not enough details to understand if it applies to me. Yeah, I asked over there too. Crickets.

I had problems with my H918, just trying to flash stock TMO H91810p KDZ back to it with LGUP. First hurdle was needing right DLL for LGUP to recognize but I got past that. It finished and seemed fine, reboots, but will never get past the Tmobile screen. Have let it sit > 1 hour, doesn't matter. Phone gets quite warm but I suspect it is in a boot loop. No idea why though. have tried re-flashing too, partition DL mode too, all "work" but after reboot its still always getting stuck in T Mobille screen.

versus our "spare" H918 that we left stock but was rooted etc. I flashed the same H91810P bone stock KDZ file to that phone and its fine. can lafsploit etc. and since "my" H918 is now fubar I am up and running with "the spare".

So I figured if there was anywhere people would know of the "right" way to get back to stock from 17.1 -- and anything extra I should plan on needing to do -- this would be the place to ask.

Thanks for any advice. I'm pretty technical but I am not constantly flashing and reflashing roms, rooting, etc. Only when I have to for some reason although I did keep 17.1 updated as the updates came out, just that (EDIT!) somewhere around March of '21 I think it was, the update notifications I was getting from the update checker were for 18.1 which required a manual upgrade.
To go back to stock, flash the kdz and then factory reset. You did the right steps however, unless your using partition DL, lg up does not erase any data which is why you're not able to get past the t-mobile screen.

Reactions: VelosterM14

VelosterM14

Aug 19, 2014
@xxseva44 thank you sir. That got it and I am back in business on this phone that went fubar on me. Very glad to have a spare again!

I am pretty sure I had tried factory reset after flashing at least once, but apparently not in combination with correct flash type.

And the funny thing is, that erasing screen is one thing I was seeing just about every time, after flashing and rebooting, every time it would hang and I'd have to pull battery, when I would power back up there was a period where the black screen would come up and the funny halo animated circle with "erasing" in it would come up.

But, when I powered it up this time with hold vol down and power down, let power button up for about 1sec after LG logo pops, then back in til the data reset white screen comes up and I said yes, when it rebooted, it did the right thing.

Took little longer on LG logo, then saw Erasing halo, then booted and went to Tmobile screen, and after maybe 30 secs I was greeted with fresh android data/formatting screen and a welcome.

Thanks again, this was extremely helpful!

Reactions: xxseva44

xxseva44

@xxseva44 thank you sir. That got it and I am back in business on this phone that went fubar on me. Very glad to have a spare again!

I am pretty sure I had tried factory reset after flashing at least once, but apparently not in combination with correct flash type.

And the funny thing is, that erasing screen is one thing I was seeing just about every time, after flashing and rebooting, every time it would hang and I'd have to pull battery, when I would power back up there was a period where the black screen would come up and the funny halo animated circle with "erasing" in it would come up.

But, when I powered it up this time with hold vol down and power down, let power button up for about 1sec after LG logo pops, then back in til the data reset white screen comes up and I said yes, when it rebooted, it did the right thing.

Took little longer on LG logo, then saw Erasing halo, then booted and went to Tmobile screen, and after maybe 30 secs I was greeted with fresh android data/formatting screen and a welcome.

Thanks again, this was extremely helpful!
No worries👌👌 Glad you got it sorted out

VelosterM14

Aug 19, 2014
PS: Thanks everyone who worked on 17.1 and into the future with newer releases. The ONLY reason I left LineageOS is because (thanks to Tmobile using proprietary means) we could not use VoLTE on our H918's and they will be turning off the older stuff anytime now. We had to get back on something that could use VoLTE until we can find phones we want to buy. (or turn blue first hehe)

If anybody ever figures out how to get VoLTE working on H918 with LOS 18 or newer, we will be back (assuming it will be possible to run with no google someday). LineageOS has been great for us.

xxseva44

PS: Thanks everyone who worked on 17.1 and into the future with newer releases. The ONLY reason I left LineageOS is because (thanks to Tmobile using proprietary means) we could not use VoLTE on our H918's and they will be turning off the older stuff anytime now. We had to get back on something that could use VoLTE until we can find phones we want to buy. (or turn blue first hehe)

If anybody ever figures out how to get VoLTE working on H918 with LOS 18 or newer, we will be back (assuming it will be possible to run with no google someday). LineageOS has been great for us.
Volte is not coming to custom roms. Lg uses a proprietary implementation and adapting and porting their ims framework is practically impossible without having the source for it. Samsung does a similar thing as well.

VelosterM14

Aug 19, 2014
Volte is not coming to custom roms. Lg uses a proprietary implementation and adapting and porting their ims framework is practically impossible without having the source for it. Samsung does a similar thing as well.
Understood. Just pipe-dreaming out loud I guess. :)

Hey if you don't mind, I have one more question. I wasn't expecting to need to ask any more questions but just ran into something weird.

I was able to get re-rooted with lafsploit, update to 3.2.3-4 TWRP, wipe (format) data - the one you have to type "yes" to accept so the encryption etc could be reset by android on boot up etc. Almost everything has been great trying to get the phone set back up for my wife, until...

Only thing is, something is not right with trying to install a user certificate (CA cert for our setup around here) and would be installing WiFI next. I have tried this setting a pin code, both with and without setting up fingerprints (it requires you to specify a more secure lock screen as part of this) -- but after browsing to CA cert, giving it a name and setting type to VPN and Apps, I get stuck in loop of being prompted for my pin, over and over again.

The pin works to unlock the screen etc, even after reboot, but something is not right, maybe with credentials storage. I can't save/add this or our WiFI cert to user certificates store. Has worked fine with the other phone doing things the same way.

I've tried wiping data again, going back to the first backup I made of progress on the phone after succesful root (I had installed dimm0k's 10U keep root .zip after that), wiping cache and dalvik etc. but it just won't store a cert on this one.

Does this sound like anything familiar to you? This is the phone that was running LOS 17.1 for long time. It makes me wonder where user certs get stored on the phone.

Thanks!

EDIT/PS: I even tried deleting the whole screen lock pin setup and trying again to store cert, so it would force me to set one, thinking maybe if it set the pin as part of sequence it would store the cert. It sets the pin correctly but still will not save/add the cert to the certificate store. Just keeps asking for pin over and over again.

EDIT AGAIN:
Can't find anything anywhere on net about it, specific to V20 or otherwise. Closest thing I found was talking about old Marshmallow or KitKat something but that was where I got idea to delete existing PIN screen lock setup already set and let it create one as part of the import cert process, evidently that fixed it for somebody. But not for me.

Last edited:

doniedogawa

Oct 29, 2021
Indonesia
I can't find to-x86cpu.zip link download on the OP. That's missing. Is it mandatory to install it?

Edit: Yesterday I installed the ROM without to-x86cpu.zip and it runs flawlessly. How to add offline radio FM?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-17.1 for LG V20 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.

IMPORTANT

• BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
    • Builds are done periodically (see download below)
    • Do NOT be rude.
    • Respect all users.
    • Any and all users, please help each other. I have a us996 variant, so other variants might have some issues.
    • This now runs System-As-Root. Ie.. / and /system are merged, so /system is really /, and /system is /system/system.

There are currently no gapps yet for lineage-17.0. So Google GSM apps are pre-installed in this. Once they are available, I will discontinue adding them.

For broken issues see 2nd post

Issues:

• us996 static on boot: Unlock bootload from LG, using dirty santa causes static on boot, will not fix. (Flash the us996-DS version)
    • WiFi or Bluetooth MAC is "00:00:00:00:00:00" - You wiped the misc partition, you'll need to fix: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70474540&postcount=12 (Should be fixed by static hax thanks for @Blaises)
    • 5Ghz tether not working due to "error"
    • H918 - ARB1 .. flash the 10p version, ARB0..flash the PRE10p. (10p is where the ARB got tripped to 1)

Install
    • You can upgrade from 15.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 16.0 to 17.1. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recovery before upgrade, not reboot into system).
    • You cannot upgrade from lineage-17.0 to lineage-17.1
    • I would suggest the TWRP from Phoenix591 (See Thanks section below)
    • Due to system-as-root, TWRP might indicate no o/s installed. I tested rebooting into recovery before flashing the two tested Gapps.
    • Flash to-x86cpu.zip if needed. (See Downloads below)
    • Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
    • Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
    • Magisk if you choose
    • Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
    • FlameGapps (I tested Basic)
    • Reboot and wait....

Bugs
    If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I use the us996 variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
    Please indicate what v20 variant you have (h910, h918/p, ls997 us996, vs995, h990/ds) and the dated version. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
    I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.

Thanks

Downloads
    ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date)
    Gapps: arm64 nano 10.0
    FlameGapps (I tested Basic)

Sources
    lineage-17.1-20200109-X86CPU

lineage-17.1-20200109-X86CPU

• Updated to Jan security patches.
    • Bluetooth media should be fixed now.
    • Phone calls should work over phone or Bluetooth (and speakerphone).
    • Due to system-as-root, TWRP might indicate no o/s installed. I tested rebooting into recovery before flashing the two tested Gapps.

YOU CANNOT UPGRADE FROM lineage-17.0. IT WILL NOT BOOT. You can upgrade from 16.0 still though.

There is no GMS/Gapps built-in anymore, see first post for where to get and what was tested.
    lineage-17.1-20200304-X86CPU

lineage-17.1-20200304-X86CPU

March security update. Disabled Zram to help performance.

I added in a way to disable the notch. This would put it back like Lineage 15.1 is.

Go to Settings > Developer Options > Simulate display with cutout > "Hide"
    #X86 ..can't wait now ..please push an update of los17 ..fixing all the current issues..thank you
    Demanding updates is rude and against the rules of xda, show some respect and restraint

Sent from my LG-H910 using XDA Labs
    Hi everyone, I have great news. I fixed all android 10 roms audio problems with magisk module for G5 and V20. Bluetooth, usb dac and incall audio is fixed now. I cant test V20 fix but i hope working fine.

Magisk Module For Android 10 Roms Audio Fix

Once I get some time in the holidays I'll try to get this integrated in the rom.