[ROM][H910|H918|LS997|US996|VS995|H990*] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 18.1 for LG V20

princedede

Jan 5, 2014
Lagos
I just installed v18.1 on H918. Is there any way to get NetFlix working? I tried Magisk and hid Netflix and Google Play, which did not work. As soon as I open the NetFlix app i get the following error, "Device failure occurred. Please try again (500.-1006). Same problem after wiping data for NetFlix app.

To install the ROM, I wiped data and cache and flashed directly to v18.1. Just wondering if there is some trick.
Only old Netflix apk work. Version 4.15 to be precise

hoanns

Jan 15, 2016
I'm having issues with bluetooth (I'm on H910). When the screen is off my bluetooth earbuds would not connect. Also when I pause the music after a minute or so I can not press play on them anymore. This didn't happen on Stock Oreo.

Also battery drain is a bit higher I think and reception is a bit worse, but that could be placebo.

Other than that its working and looking pretty good, thanks for this build. No GPS issues or fingerprint issues. But I'm still going back to Stock Oreo because of the mentioned issues and better 2nd screen support.

Last edited:

TripOG

Mar 30, 2010
Did u try flashing gapps afterwards? i flashed the new version and gapps afterwards and it booted into android just fine
what gapps do you use? i used nikgapps and it automatically did that stuff I believe. I'm using this time to try a different gapps now so not the end of the world.

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
what gapps do you use? i used nikgapps and it automatically did that stuff I believe. I'm using this time to try a different gapps now so not the end of the world.
I also use nikgapps, it does restore it afterwards but it usually doesn't boot so i just flash nikgapps again, my addons usually stay so i just flash the gapps package i use

TripOG

Mar 30, 2010
I also use nikgapps, it does restore it afterwards but it usually doesn't boot so i just flash nikgapps again,
yeah, I ended up deleting the backup/restore stuff from nikgapps and am trying an opengapps beta build that was a little more recent and will see how things go.

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
its only been running a little while but it seems like a pretty massive camera stability improvement. I was able to rapidly take multiple pictures in a row, and switch between video, photo, selfie cam etc.
Yea, i was messing around with the camera earlier and it's no longer crashing when switching cameras and stuff.

Merazomo

Aug 14, 2014
its only been running a little while but it seems like a pretty massive camera stability improvement. I was able to rapidly take multiple pictures in a row, and switch between video, photo, selfie cam etc.
The last update I flashed on my H910, was the 20210104 version. The Gallery app was very slow when reading/displaying my internal images and videos, and the Camera app would crash when switching cameras (photo/video) to take a quick video with the flash on; always the first time after switching cameras and recording video with flash.

I don't have my testing H910 unit available right now. Would you mind checking those 2 for me? Gallery slowness and video Camera flash crash.

justcosmic

Dec 27, 2007
Has anyone had issues with contacts dissapearing from their address book ? Thankfully I can just force sync from Thunderbird via MyphoneExplorer - but it's a bit of a worry when this happens.

TripOG

Mar 30, 2010
The last update I flashed on my H910, was the 20210104 version. The Gallery app was very slow when reading/displaying my internal images and videos, and the Camera app would crash when switching cameras (photo/video) to take a quick video with the flash on; always the first time after switching cameras and recording video with flash.

I don't have my testing H910 unit available right now. Would you mind checking those 2 for me? Gallery slowness and video Camera flash crash.
I haven't had any camera or gallery issues on the 1-20 build, I didn't notice any gallery issues previously either though.

Reactions: Merazomo

Nwananka

Jan 13, 2020
I am using h918 18.1, one of the 18.0 builds changed my recovery from twrp to lineage recovery . I didn't mind it till the last update when i wanted to clean flash but couldn't coz i had to wipe " data". This srep in lineage wipes internal storage too in twrp there is "data" and *internal storage" . I tried to fastboot boot recomery image but came up with an error message trying to boot. Easiest way it seems is for me to flash a twrp zip but i don't have one. Question: how do i go back to twrp as recovery software?

Merazomo

Aug 14, 2014
I am using h918 18.1, one of the 18.0 builds changed my recovery from twrp to lineage recovery . I didn't mind it till the last update when i wanted to clean flash but couldn't coz i had to wipe " data". This srep in lineage wipes internal storage too in twrp there is "data" and *internal storage" . I tried to fastboot boot recomery image but came up with an error message trying to boot. Easiest way it seems is for me to flash a twrp zip but i don't have one. Question: how do i go back to twrp as recovery software?
I had the same issue when trying to install LineageOS 17.1 a few months ago; however, I was able able to install TWRP back through fastboot. There was an option in the LineageOS Recovery itself to boot into fastboot, then I just flashed my TWRP version through the following batch script:

fastboot flash boot boot
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-1-h910.img
fastboot flash boot boot
fastboot flash boot boot
fastboot flash boot boot
fastboot flash boot boot
fastboot reboot

This is on the H910, so I don't know if it's different for other variants aside from flashing the TWRP version for your V20 model.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nwananka

Nwananka

Jan 13, 2020
I had the same issue when trying to install LineageOS 17.1 a few months ago; however, I was able able to install TWRP back through fastboot. There was an option in the LineageOS Recovery itself to boot into fastboot, then I just flashed my TWRP version through the following batch script:

fastboot flash boot boot
fastboot flash boot boot
fastboot flash boot boot
fastboot flash boot boot
fastboot flash boot boot
fastboot reboot

This is on the H910, so I don't know if it's different for other variants aside from flashing the TWRP version for your V20 model.
Still says failed remote command unknown

It identifies other comands like ad devices, reboot but not flashing or temporarily booting the image

Merazomo

Aug 14, 2014
Still says failed remote command unknown

It identifies other comands like ad devices, reboot but not flashing or temporarily booting the image
I've never had this problem on my H910. If you have the adb platform-tools folder on your PC and running a Command Prompt from there with:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
fastboot boot twrp.img (or whatever the TWRP image is)

It should at least be booting into TWRP if fastboot is working. I wonder if the recovery partition is corrupted and the phone is semi-bricked with the bootloader locked right now.

I would just try to re-flash a *.KDZ firmware with LGUP or something like that through download mode if I could, but that's because I'm stupid Lol. I'm sure there's someone here that knows what to do.

Reactions: Nwananka

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
Giving this another go, starting from scratch again.

I have one very annoying problem as I did last year, the display keeps turning off and on, so display times out but turns back on again repeatedly.

If I press the power button to turn the screen off it stays off, it's just when screen goes auto-off that it keeps turning back on in a second or 2.