[ROM][H910|H918|LS997|US996|VS995|H990*] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 18.1 for LG V20

Search This thread

jailedmike

May 2, 2018
LG V20
LG G6
I was going to post about this today. I have this powered HDMI hub: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HNXRX5T/

I am able to get my stock V20 (Oreo) to mirror to a TV as well as get charged. On this ROM I can't get any video out. Not even with a USBC to USBC cable to a portable monitor (no hub, just phone to screen). It works fine on stock 8.0.

Anyone else?
Mine works without the charging cable plugged in but once there is power to the USBc to hdmi adapter or to a powered hub I can't get it to work. It used to work maybe 5 releases ago. Before you might have had to unplug the power cord and plug it back in again at times but it would work. I think you have same issue since it seems to be a powered hub. Have you tried with no power cord connected? I also can't tell the phone what to do to connected usb devices anymore like I used to be able to. They are just greyed out.

Feb 10, 2010
Mine works without the charging cable plugged in but once there is power to the USBc to hdmi adapter or to a powered hub I can't get it to work. It used to work maybe 5 releases ago. Before you might have had to unplug the power cord and plug it back in again at times but it would work. I think you have same issue since it seems to be a powered hub. Have you tried with no power cord connected? I also can't tell the phone what to do to connected usb devices anymore like I used to be able to. They are just greyed out.

I don't even get an option to output at all even unpowered. It's like nothing is plugged in at all. On the latest with VS995

** Update ** I can actually ONLY get it to mirror a display IF the hub is powered. My stock V20 can mirror it's display without power through the same hub

Last edited:

Hzlph

Feb 17, 2015
Hello. It is currently impossible for me to install this on h910 without it failing. Always throws back "unable to update system image" or E1001. It is consistent with this ROM only sadly. LOS17.1 flashes just fine.

Any idea as to why? I've done as much research as possible :/

Edit: To bring some context. This is an H910. It's currently not using an OS, it's running latest TWRP. The OS fails to install and so I'm unable to do anything past it. It's the only thing that I flash too, and I have checked other cables and other devices to make the download for me. none work.
Sometimes the progress bar may or may not fail on the exact progress visual.

Last edited:

Merazomo

Aug 14, 2014
Hello. It is currently impossible for me to install this on h910 without it failing. Always throws back "unable to update system image" or E1001. It is consistent with this ROM only sadly. LOS17.1 flashes just fine.

Any idea as to why? I've done as much research as possible :/

Edit: To bring some context. This is an H910. It's currently not using an OS, it's running latest TWRP. The OS fails to install and so I'm unable to do anything past it. It's the only thing that I flash too, and I have checked other cables and other devices to make the download for me. none work.
Sometimes the progress bar may or may not fail on the exact progress visual.
Try flashing other versions of TWRP. I've had issues with newer TWRP versions for whatever reason, so I never upgrade to the newer ones. I typically stay with the versions released in 2018. I have an H910, and I can install 18.1 without any issues.

If it is TWRP, I couldn't install LineageOS 18.1 as such: Stock - Root/TWRP - Flash 18.1 Without First Botting Into A ROM. I had to: Stock - Root/TWRP - Flash The Nougat Rooted Rom - Boot Into The Nougat Rom - Clean Flash LineageOS 18.1.

Alternatively, you could go back to Stock again and re-root; to make sure a partition wasn't corrupted in the process.

Reactions: Hzlph

zeroderp

Feb 2, 2021
Try flashing other versions of TWRP.

HOW ??!?
i have a list of adventure posted

and aparently the git no longer has the file needed, been deleted??

[email protected]:/home/lglaf# git checkout h918-miscwrte
error: pathspec 'h918-miscwrte' did not match any file(s) known to git

tmo-h918 btw

arvind.d

Nov 20, 2014
Some people report that after rebooting your phone, turn airplane mode on and then switch it off and that helps solve the modem issue that 17 and 18.1 potentially have.

Oh, ok thank you I'll try that. I sometimes lose network and have to resort to airplane mode on/off to connect again. I'll try doing that right after a reboot and see if it goes away.

iTzFeRReTTi

Jun 14, 2012
Boston
LG V20
Just wondering, as I couldn't find any comment on this recently:
Will there still be updates coming for Feb/Mar security patches?

Thanks a lot and best wishes!
If you build it yourself, you already would have the February patch. The March patch comes out on the 5th and Lineage is usually quick to release it upstream within 48 hours so we should have it by the 7th at the latest.

zeroderp

Feb 2, 2021
If you build it yourself, you already would have the February patch. The March patch comes out on the 5th and Lineage is usually quick to release it upstream within 48 hours so we should have it by the 7th at the latest.

if half the people here knew how to build anything we would still have 15 roms to chose from like back when we we all doing the galaxy s5.

sadly most of us just can not get the grasp of it and we are lucky if we can even squeeze out a logcat without breaking a blood vessel. or two.

i cant even get twrp to do it's thing.

howeiying

Sep 4, 2013
What version of Magisk are you running? Seems like a Magisk issue and not an LOS one.
In the previous 01/30, magisk v21.4 work fine, ond after updated to magisk v22.0 still ok no problem. now still magisk v22.0 and on builds 03/03 get problem, after return back to builds 01/30 work fine again. don't know why, i need to try again.

coogans_bluff

Oct 12, 2016
Ohoh, I have a bootloop now.
H990DS reboots only into TWRP after a while.
Flashed 03/03 and wiped cache/dalvik....latest nikgapps and magisk.
Any recommendations? Much appreciated :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OFFICIAL 18.1 builds are out. Enjoy.
    Format data if coming from unofficial.
    Dirty flash if coming from 17.1 official. https://wiki.lineageos.org/upgrading.html
    I've always had problems with random freezes or lag spikes that lasted around 10 minutes, multiple times a day. Ever since I started using the KTweak app my phone has been so super duper smooth and I haven't had hiccups or freezes in weeks, it's incredible. Make sure to set the 'branch' in the app to 'throughput', that at least seems to work best for me. I hope this can help others who've been having the same troubles.
    Im coming from latest 17.1 night build (30/03). Can i upgrade to 18.1 via twrp?
    dirtyflash from lineage-17.1-20210328-nightly-h990-signed.zip,bootloop.
    clean install lineage-18.1-20210401-nightly-h990-signed no problem at all.
    magisk 22 rooted,Lsposed,safetynet passed.
    I thought the gamma kernel is not necessary with 18.1?
    It isn't necessary, only advantage is the ir blaster but that's about it, unless you go with his experimental builds which support hotplugging, although depending on the state of you battery, you may experience hard reboots
    Has anyone also problems with the call screen? It simply does not appear...I hear it ringing but cant answer...
    Maybe you can check setting↠app & notifications ↠ default apps ↠ phone app
    yUIn6TF.png

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

Install
    • Update recovery to the latest TWRP or Lineage Recovery build
    • Format data if coming from an UNOFFICIAL or non-Lineage build.
    • Flash the ROM
    • Flash any addons
    • Reboot

Bugs
    If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. I use the h990ds variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down.
    If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are a must.
    Please indicate what v20 variant you have (h910, h918/p, ls997 us996, vs995, h990/ds), the dated version, and any third party mods.
    I am aware people run mods or change things. If needed I may ask you to data wipe or remove a mod that might be interfering.
    Please avoid bringing up issues with your favourite gapps package. If a bug only exists with gapps, it's not my problem.

Changelog
    Code:
    [03/03/2021]
    March security patch (android-11.0.0_r32)

[20/01/2021]
    January security patch (android-11.0.0_r27)
    Improved camera stability

[04/01/2021]
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[13/12/2020]
    LineageOS 18.1 - Android 11 QPR1

[30/11/2020]
    Fixed boot after encrypting with a lockscreen set

[16/11/2020]

[07/11/2020]
    November security patch (android-11.0.0_r17)
    Fixed bluetooth calls crackling audio
    Fixed offline charging

[03/11/2020]
    Add Hi-Fi Quad DAC quicksettings tile

[30/10/2020]
    Can use fingerprint in apps

[29/10/2020]
    Bluetooth works again

[28/10/2020]
    SELinux Enforcing
    Fixed fingerprints after reboot

Downloads
    Official builds

Archived unofficial builds: codefire

Sources
    New builds out
    New builds out
    March securit patch
    New build out
    Fix kernel panics
    wizard-cleaning.gif

Thread has been cleaned a bit.

Stay on topic for this thread, and stay civil.

(y) thanks, all.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone