[ROM][H910|H918|LS997|US996|VS995|H990*] UNOFFICIAL Resurrection Remix v6.2.1

Search This thread

Grin59

Sep 5, 2018
OnePlus 8T
Thanks! Got it now
If you're interested in not having Google play services because of tracking and analytics and your data being sold, I recommend you check out Nanodroid which will give you microg which is a fake GP services and will make it look like you have Google installed when you really don't. All Google apps will still work like they should

EnterTHEvoiD

Dec 3, 2012
If you're interested in not having Google play services because of tracking and analytics and your data being sold, I recommend you check out Nanodroid which will give you microg which is a fake GP services and will make it look like you have Google installed when you really don't. All Google apps will still work like they should

That's awesome, didn't know this. Do you install it after installing gapps?

Koray_

Apr 16, 2019
Having some weird issues today. Phone app is always black, when getting a call it rings but nothing shows up, same thing after hitting call. Hear it dialing and can talk/hear fine, but the app is gone. Also noticing having 0 coverage in areas I previously had it just fine. Going to re-flash.. but any other suggestions?

bccrosby

Jul 11, 2017
Im getting an error after installing the RR 6.21 with magisk 18.q and cant boot back into recovery. It going str8 to a black screen with kernel crash error...anyway i can fix this or reboot into twrp? Thanks guys.
I am also suffering from such a situation, please help me to solve the problem

Feldmarschall Edgar

Mar 18, 2017
Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
That's awesome, didn't know this. Do you install it after installing gapps?
You don't install gapps at all. You can get a flashable and magisk supported version of microg here.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-nanomod-5-0-20170405-microg-t3584928

Beware that the nanodroid zip ( name of the main zip ) includes many additional programs which will install a default selection if not configured first.To configure nanodroid you need to install the nanodroid setup wizard.
There is also a webview alternative which helps to minimize tracking.

More details are in the thread post.

On a side note, this rom already supports signature spoofing. A nice feature which means, no fideling with xposed or rather edxposed.

Last edited:
Reactions: EnterTHEvoiD

GodMustaine

Nov 10, 2018
Rosario
Hi! I'm noob and i want to ask... The RR camera sucks... What's The best version of gcam to install? (H990DS) If you can help me... Thanks, it's my dialy phone :) sorry for my very bad english! Regards

EnterTHEvoiD

Dec 3, 2012
Reactions: GodMustaine

Exabyter

Mar 11, 2017
I installed RR-O-v6.2.0-20180913-h918-Unofficial on an H918 last year, been working mostly fine but want to update it to a recent build.

Should I just install (dirty flash) the latest for this device, or is there a reason to two-step to the latest 6.2.0 and then to 6.2.1?

Thanks much.

bccrosby

Jul 11, 2017
Is there any way to format the memory card and still use it, because I have a lot of data on the memory card so I don't want to format it, when I use the original rom, the memory card still access the data normally format, when I upload rom Resurrection Remix, how can I format the memory card?

zinou213

Mar 28, 2012
France
LG V20
ASUS ROG Phone II
Is there any way to format the memory card and still use it, because I have a lot of data on the memory card so I don't want to format it, when I use the original rom, the memory card still access the data normally format, when I upload rom Resurrection Remix, how can I format the memory card?
Try vold module on magisk it will add all sdcard libs to your os

Reactions: bccrosby

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DOWNLOAD

NOTICE:
    The 8/8/2019 version is currently the latest!

RR stopped updating the framework for Oreo in December 2018. There's no reason to have weekly builds anymore, though I may still create new builds when security updates come through.
    I'll create a thread for Pie once the dust settles, so please be patient. If you are itching for Pie right now please support x86cpu and his LOS16 builds!

Actually important stuff:
    • Update TWRP, older versions may cause problems.
    • If you're coming from stock, make a backup of your EFS partition. If that gets wiped, then you may have issues connecting to LTE on some devices.
    • Verizon users (regardless of phone model): You need to make an outgoing call after booting to be registered correctly on their network. Calling your voicemail is an easy way to do this.
    • H918 users: Versions up to, but not including, 10p are ARB0. 10p+ is ARB1.
    • YewMinou: This is an app to make a detailed logcat file. If you run into issues, make a log and attach it to your post.

Please do a clean install and wipe cache and dalvik cache after flashing the ROM (TWRP should give you a button to do so once flashing is complete).

Current Issues:
    • VoLTE and WIFI Calling do not work.
    • Second screen functionality (for now...).

Standing on the shoulders of giants

This ROM would not be possible without people that have selflessly donated immense amounts of their free time and effort. I'd like to thank:

x86cpu, Rashed97, emdroidle(ehem), Omar-Avelar(oxavelar): For making current, aosp-based ROMs a reality for the v20.
    runningnak3d: For making it possible to even flash those ROMs on many variants.
    Phoenix591: For maintaining and updating TWRP for the v20.
    Zacharee1: For the work being put in to the second screen development.

I'd also like to thank everyone that works on LineageOS and Resurrection Remix!

Sources:
    ResurrectionRemix
    kernel_lge_msm8996
    msm8996-common
    v20-common
    h910
    h918
    h990
    ls997
    us996
    vs995
    YewMinou
    Ok, the second-screen builds are up now: Link
    Please do a clean flash, and please use the included kernel if you're having issues!

Y'all get to be guinea pigs for some of my experimental changes, so you'll likely encounter different problems compared to the lineage builds. My changes are in the lineage-15.1-ssdev-v2 branch on zacharee's repo.
    These builds are experimental, so if you want a daily-driver I'd recommend sticking with the regular builds for now.
    I'm not going to have a schedule for making second-screen builds like the regular version. It will depend on how much time I have available and what needs to be tested.

Edit:
    You can change the signboard in settings > display > advanced > signboard
    Once you enable a row, you can click on the row itself to configure it's options.

Known issues:
    If you turn AOD off, the toggle will be on again the next time you visit the settings. This is visual and the underlying setting should still be what you set it to. I'll have a fix for this in the next release.
    The brightness may change a bit oddly. That should also be fixed in the next release.
    Since people were basically making threads for this already, I may as well just come out with it.

I only have the US996 model, so all of the builds for the other models are untested. I'll do what I can to make sure those work correctly, but I can't make any promises.

YewMinou is pretty spartan at the moment. When I get some time, I'll add the option to change the save location and make things look a little prettier.
    Ok, the new builds are up now.

I added the WBS preferred change into this build, so the bluetooth patch isn't needed now for those that were having issues.

I've also included some changes that should solve the MAC address issue for those that have their addresses zeroed out in the /misc partition.
    For now the address will change if you clear out /data/misc, but I'm planning on having the address stored in /persist in the future. This means you would keep the same address through flashes.

I'll work on making second-screen builds this weekend. I had planned to make those builds earlier in the week, but didn't have enough time to do so.
    New regular builds are up now. A bunch of the updates that Rashed97 and x86cpu have been working on made it upstream last weekend! That makes this one of the most vanilla builds I've done in a long time.
    I plan to make new SS builds over the weekend.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone