• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][H910|H918|LS997|US996|VS995] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-14.1 for LG V20

Search This thread

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Your latest unofficial, 2/01.

ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=none (fluent)

^^^changed it from "fluent" to "none" and it seems to have fixed it.

Yeah... that might help it. It just turns off the echo cancellation so the other party might head an echo. For speakerphone, you know the active mic is in the earpiece, right? So make sure you weren't talking into the bottom mic.

TheIronMaiden

Jul 30, 2013
Chicago
Yeah... that might help it. It just turns off the echo cancellation so the other party might head an echo. For speakerphone, you know the active mic is in the earpiece, right? So make sure you weren't talking into the bottom mic.
I wasn't holding the phone it would be laying flat on the table. But otherwise the ROM is sound, just wish the kernel would have fast charge support.

esalce

Dec 22, 2010
Still the same main issue... need to make an outgoing call before receiving calls or sms. Annoying.. but so it Verizon, so I left... I've tried to track it down a couple times, but nothing so far.
awesome thanks for the heads up, i am giving it a try now, so far nothing is a deal breaker

Obamaloominaty

Mar 31, 2017
How would we go about integrating OMS support into this ROM? I read up on LineageOMS but I'm completely inept when it comes to this sort of thing.

Redline

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 12, 2014
Victoria, Australia
twitch.tv
Any updates on developments for the H990/DS?
I can't be the only one saying I'm itching to get it going. Getting a bit tired of stock 7.0 and wanting to try something new, but there's no point doing it beforehand because as soon as LOS is out for the H990DS I'm switching to that.
Also, will the H990/DS builds be 14.1? Or 15.x?

Zenns

Apr 6, 2015
Any updates on developments for the H990/DS?
I can't be the only one saying I'm itching to get it going. Getting a bit tired of stock 7.0 and wanting to try something new, but there's no point doing it beforehand because as soon as LOS is out for the H990DS I'm switching to that.
Also, will the H990/DS builds be 14.1? Or 15.x?

I have gotten tired too of it but last I was reading up the phone require alot of hacks to be supported like dirtysanta modem fix so yeah

emdroidle

Oct 6, 2015
Uhm, we need some data to ensure we don't break LineageOS for various versions of the LGE V20. In particular we need this data for the H910, H918, VS995 and LS997:

We need to know how large /cache and /system are. Knowing the correct sizes will allow LineageOS to take advantage of the full space, but the problem is these may vary between members of the V20 family. We've got this information for the H990 and US996 (myself and @x86cpu). To retrieve this information, simply run two commands in a shell (either adb or any terminal app):

Code:
elsa:/ $ ls -l /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cache /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 2016-01-02 13:41 /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cache -> /dev/block/[COLOR="blue"]sda15[/COLOR]
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 2016-01-02 13:41 /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system -> /dev/block/[COLOR="blue"]sda14[/COLOR]
elsa:/ $ grep -e[COLOR="blue"]sda15[/COLOR] -e[COLOR="blue"]sda14[/COLOR] /proc/partitions
    8         14     5726308 [COLOR="blue"]sda14[/COLOR]
    8         14      524288 [COLOR="blue"]sda15[/COLOR]

The bits in blue will be different for your device, adjust the `grep` command as appropriate. The data we need is the third column from the `grep` command. Mainly we need the associations:
Code:
cache -> sda15 -> 524288
system -> sda14 -> 5726308
(the "sda14" and "sda15" is unimportant to us, it is just an intermediate value to get the association right)

I suspect the values of 1261568 for /cache and 6291456 for /system, from a US996 will be shared by everything which isn't a H990*. Yet if this guess is wrong, future builds are likely to break (if a LineageOS image assumes they match the US996, while the device the size is smaller there will be problems). As such, if we don't get this information for other devices, future LineageOS nightlies may break on your devices and you'll end up waiting until we get this data.

Reactions: Omar-Avelar

cityneversleepz

Feb 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.sunqifitness.com
Uhm, we need some data to ensure we don't break LineageOS for various versions of the LGE V20. In particular we need this data for the H910, H918, VS995 and LS997:

We need to know how large /cache and /system are. Knowing the correct sizes will allow LineageOS to take advantage of the full space, but the problem is these may vary between members of the V20 family. We've got this information for the H990 and US996 (myself and @x86cpu). To retrieve this information, simply run two commands in a shell (either adb or any terminal app):

The bits in blue will be different for your device, adjust the `grep` command as appropriate. The data we need is the third column from the `grep` command. Mainly we need the associations:

(the "sda14" and "sda15" is unimportant to us, it is just an intermediate value to get the association right)

I suspect the values of 1261568 for /cache and 6291456 for /system, from a US996 will be shared by everything which isn't a H990*. Yet if this guess is wrong, future builds are likely to break (if a LineageOS image assumes they match the US996, while the device the size is smaller there will be problems). As such, if we don't get this information for other devices, future LineageOS nightlies may break on your devices and you'll end up waiting until we get this data.
I've got an ls997. I don't know how to adjust the grep and also not sure how much of what's in the code box I need to copy.

Reactions: NippleSauce

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
I've got an ls997. I don't know how to adjust the grep and also not sure how much of what's in the code box I need to copy.

I second this. Not sure what to change the sda vales to for the H918.

As for the commands, they start with elsa. Sadly, copy/paste doesn't work within text boxes that require scrolling so I can't even give this a shot until after work.

If someone could verify what the sda values should be (or a means of finding what they should be), I can hopefully provide the data later today.

anuragpv

Jan 27, 2017

These are the values for H918:

5726208 sda18 system
1261568 sda19 cache

Last edited:

alphahere

Nov 6, 2010
These are the values for US996

cache sda19 1261568
system sda18 6291456

This is with stock rom. Going to switch soon.

Phoenix591

Oct 15, 2017

We need to know how large /cache and /system are.
My oddball US996 has different values.
Edit: Apparently just my own lineage builds had the odd system size, I went back to stock for a little bit and it comes back as the standard us996 size previously mentioned.
Code:
/proc/partitions
cache 259        3    1261568 sda19
system 259        4   54214656 sda20
Of course the partial panel doesn't cooperate on it either. .

Last edited:

Joe199799

Sep 7, 2014
On Resurrection Remix and I'm getting massive video stutter on any video app thinking of switching to this does anybody have a stutter problem on YouTube going above 60fps and is there oms support

Omar-Avelar

Feb 3, 2013
My oddball US996 has different values.
Code:
/proc/partitions
cache 259        3    1261568 sda19
system 259        4   54214656 sda20
Of course the partial panel doesn't cooperate on it either. .

Hey Phoenix, I remember posts back saying how your us996 does not work well with partial panel enabled and that you get screen blinking.

But are you sure you've got a us996? Seeing how you get static on boot would really mean that the panel values are wrong in your case. Which is quite why the V20 variants end up using different dtsi files for the panels.

us996: #include "../dsi-panel-sw49407-dsc-qhd-cmd-us_unlocked.dtsi"

And there are three others...

Looking at your partition sizes, it seems to also indicate this is not a 100% typical us996... have you tried a different Kernel on your ROM? Like the LS997? Mmmm

You can keep your ROM, flashing the Kernel on top would help understand what type of panel your device has... And is there any chance that your device is refurbished? And that it has an unlockable bootloader but some HW components of other phones?

Phoenix591

Oct 15, 2017
Hey Phoenix, I remember posts back saying how your us996 does not work well with partial panel enabled and that you get screen blinking.

But are you sure you've got a us996? Seeing how you get static on boot would really mean that the panel values are wrong in your case. Which is quite why the V20 variants end up using different dtsi files for the panels.

us996: #include "../dsi-panel-sw49407-dsc-qhd-cmd-us_unlocked.dtsi"

And there are three others...

Looking at your partition sizes, it seems to also indicate this is not a 100% typical us996... have you tried a different Kernel on your ROM? Like the LS997? Mmmm

You can keep your ROM, flashing the Kernel on top would help understand what type of panel your device has... And is there any chance that your device is refurbished? And that it has an unlockable bootloader but some HW components of other phones?
its not the static, I managed to get that once and its different than that blinking. Not much chance its a refurbished unit as well, got it new direct through Walmart July last year, serial starts with 703 (so manufactured March 2017?) and is the same on the sticker as in settings.

Omar-Avelar

Feb 3, 2013
its not the static, I managed to get that once and its different than that blinking. Not much chance its a refurbished unit as well, got it new direct through Walmart July last year, serial starts with 703 (so manufactured March 2017?) and is the same on the sticker as in settings.

Even if your serial numbers match, refurbished units are known for sometimes salvaging other hardware parts inside and packaging them back together (For example time ago numerous LG G3 users had D851 and D855 motherboards mixed inside, even tho the print and serials were indicating other variants). No wonder why yours is an oddball... Btw there are only 3 panels variations that I know of in the V20, give it a shot flashing another Kernel that has those panels that does not differ much device tree wise.

Phoenix591

Oct 15, 2017
Even if your serial numbers match, refurbished units are known for sometimes salvaging other hardware parts inside and packaging them back together (For example time ago numerous LG G3 users had D851 and D855 motherboards mixed inside, even tho the print and serials were indicating other variants). No wonder why yours is an oddball... Btw there are only 3 panels variations that I know of in the V20, give it a shot flashing another Kernel that has those panels that does not differ much device tree wise.
Yeah I'll play around some more soon.. I flashed stock at the moment to test another issue (went to try youtube tv and the video was black but the ads worked fine on my lineage build, but sure enough works fine on stock)

Reactions: Omar-Avelar

Top Liked Posts