• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][H910|H918|LS997|US996|VS995] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-14.1 for LG V20

Search This thread

cityneversleepz

Feb 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.sunqifitness.com
Anyone experiencing poor cell service on LOS, and if so how do you fix it?
I only know how to fix it on Sprint. It's a one time and done process. On Sprint you need the rom from dirty Santa to run first so you can update your prl and profile. But I think saving the EFS with TWRP is the key and then restoring the EFS from that working rom once you are on LOS is just as important. Not sure how that works on other carriers though.

Reactions: Smittiegee19

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
You haven't built anything lately @x86cpu is everything OK? I know when nothing is going on here something is going on behind the scenes. Take care and take your time dude

All good. Real life for a bit, I have built some in the meantime, but nothing that needed to be put out. Was waiting for security to come out, which I see bumped 3 days ago. So I'll try to get one up in the next couple days.

Actually did start on the 15.1, which is going to take some significant time to get working, etc...

TheIronMaiden

Jul 30, 2013
Chicago
All good. Real life for a bit, I have built some in the meantime, but nothing that needed to be put out. Was waiting for security to come out, which I see bumped 3 days ago. So I'll try to get one up in the next couple days.

Actually did start on the 15.1, which is going to take some significant time to get working, etc...
Keep on keeping on brother. Not all of us are more concerned about updates than the person behind them. Good work

sonvotrung

Sep 3, 2016

On behalf of the community, thank you for your active development!

Reactions: x86cpu

mking007cn

Dec 9, 2016

I am real happy to see that u start on the way to 15.1, but i know it's real a long way to build a stable and workable version, but i will waiting for it. good job, brother!

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
@x64cpu Would the source code from lg help with making cm 15.1 because they have the oreo code up. Im not sure if anyone else uploaded it or mentioned it.
http://opensource.lge.com/osSch/list?types=ALL&search=vs996

Thanks.. got the vs995 version. Gotta start merging the power into Lineage 15.1. Once I get anything of use, I'll start a seperate thread.... which will mean that 14.1 is coming to an end in fixing things. Hopefully things that are not fully working will get resolved into the new version.

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks.. got the vs995 version. Gotta start merging the power into Lineage 15.1. Once I get anything of use, I'll start a seperate thread.... which will mean that 14.1 is coming to an end in fixing things. Hopefully things that are not fully working will get resolved into the new version.

I know this is jumping ahead a bit but any chance Lineage 15.1 (official or unofficial) could be usable on the H918 with the current bootloaders such as the 10s one?

nickland

Dec 3, 2008
Is there any arb1 version of this available for h918? Our model now has root for arb1 and I'm looking for something that will run substratum. Thanks for any info

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Is there any arb1 version of this available for h918? Our model now has root for arb1 and I'm looking for something that will run substratum. Thanks for any info

You'll have to enlighten me as to what's different. I don't have a h918, so it might be able to be done, but just need to know any differences on what needs to change. Or has this been tested on one? Also would need to support the older as well since most on on that now.

nickland

Dec 3, 2008
You'll have to enlighten me as to what's different. I don't have a h918, so it might be able to be done, but just need to know any differences on what needs to change. Or has this been tested on one? Also would need to support the older as well since most on on that now.

Its my understanding that passed 10P firmware is all ARB1. So, those of us who got phones preupdated passed the P firmware are unable to flash the older firmware and our firmware is to new to use the older stuff (Whenever I flash the Lineage nightlies I get a flashing black screen after the tmobile logo and it never fully boots). From my understanding the rom just needs to be combined with any firmware for the H918 from 10P forward. Right now we are limited to stock 10P+ or SuperV20 and they just lack the customization I have been waiting for since giving up my G5.

Or for my needs, throw Substratum into any stock rom 10P+ (or point me to instructions on how to do it myself) and I will be happy, lol.

scottyrick

Nov 10, 2008
Key West
I believe the Lineage boot needs to be patched to say that ARB 1 is okay.

Alibaba0101

Apr 28, 2008
Ok,
I tried to update the latest nightly on my h918 and get stuck in lineage boot animation hell. I'm running the latest twrp 3.2.1.0 dated 0406 and updated from nightly version 03/22 to the last nightly dated 04/05.

I did the upgrade twice to see if something went wrong, but it doesn't look like it. Got stuck in lineage boot animation both times. Restoring my backup now to nightly 03/22. Anyone else having the same problem?

Last edited:

Zenns

Apr 6, 2015
I know this may have been asked a lot of times can I know the updates of H990DS ? Will there be 14.1 or 15.1 version thanks :)

Top Liked Posts