[ROM] [H918 and H910] [AROMA | Magisk | Kernel] NATF MegaROM V20 [3 Jun 2017]

Search This thread

mrcoolgli

Jul 9, 2009
Alright, I've posted on this before in this forum and I would LOVE to find a solution. I am still having bluetooth issues. I thought it my actually be my phone but I tried out the ALPHA rom earlier in the week with the Alpha-Rom H910 10t stock kernel. My bluetooth was perfect. But the ROM it'self is a far cry from this rom in almost all other aspects. I tried flashing this rom, then that kernel afterwards but the phone wouldn't boot. There are three choices for the Kernel on this ROM, and I've tried all of them. Does anyone have any ideas? The bluetooth issues I am having are:
1. My 2017 F250 with Sync3 . It almost never wants to connect, and when it does it ususally only will connect to the phone side but not media. I can reboot the phone and then it works that time.
2. When it does connect to media it's very choppy and cuts out often.
3. On my "boat" I have a fusion Marine head unit. I've had it for years with various phones and it's never had a problem. With this Rom it pairs up and connects but I get no audio over bluetooth. Very strange.
4. I have a Shower bluetooth speaker, unsure of the brand. It connects alright but it's cuts out so badly it's not worth using.

On the Alpha rom, all of these things worked perfect. But the Alpha rom finish quality in general is not where this Rom is.

Reactions: i95swervin

dudeawsome

Nov 30, 2013
Alright, I've posted on this before in this forum and I would LOVE to find a solution. I am still having bluetooth issues. I thought it my actually be my phone but I tried out the ALPHA rom earlier in the week with the Alpha-Rom H910 10t stock kernel. My bluetooth was perfect. But the ROM it'self is a far cry from this rom in almost all other aspects. I tried flashing this rom, then that kernel afterwards but the phone wouldn't boot. There are three choices for the Kernel on this ROM, and I've tried all of them. Does anyone have any ideas? The bluetooth issues I am having are:
1. My 2017 F250 with Sync3 . It almost never wants to connect, and when it does it ususally only will connect to the phone side but not media. I can reboot the phone and then it works that time.
2. When it does connect to media it's very choppy and cuts out often.
3. On my "boat" I have a fusion Marine head unit. I've had it for years with various phones and it's never had a problem. With this Rom it pairs up and connects but I get no audio over bluetooth. Very strange.
4. I have a Shower bluetooth speaker, unsure of the brand. It connects alright but it's cuts out so badly it's not worth using.

On the Alpha rom, all of these things worked perfect. But the Alpha rom finish quality in general is not where this Rom is.

I am trying to make a rom just like this got all to work but it won't install which aroma and all works. I am developing for the h918 and then will try to branch to other devices but it is sad to see this rom end hope @NotATreoFan is doing well.

Tourney3p0

Dec 23, 2012
Thank you for the answer. I wasn't sure at what point the firmware may lock it out from booting.

I don't mean to demean your work or anything, which I and I am sure everyone appreciates, but at this point you should probably take a moment to update the original post to let people know what will and won't work. Or at least update it to say "f you, this worked a year ago and I don't care any more. It probably doesn't if you took an official update since then". Page 276 of the thread isn't exactly the best time to learn this lesson.

Again, it's all appreciated and I don't mean to be negative. But just a simple edit about how it won't work after a certain point could be great.

Last edited:

mrcoolgli

Jul 9, 2009
I don't mean to demean your work or anything, which I and I am sure everyone appreciates, but at this point you should probably take a moment to update the original post to let people know what will and won't work. Or at least update it to say "f you, this worked a year ago and I don't care any more. It probably doesn't if you took an official update since then". Page 276 of the thread isn't exactly the best time to learn this lesson.

Again, it's all appreciated and I don't mean to be negative. But just a simple edit about how it won't work after a certain point could be great.

I think he was pretty clear. I must be doing something dumb because the forum is not full of people having the same issue. I never claimed to be an expert. I would call myself slightly above noob. Ok... no I am a noob. I understand just enough to flash my phone. My shout out for help is really for anyone that may be able to shed light on my problem. Other than my bluetooth problem this rom is ROCK solid and everything works even video calling and wifi calling. (Even though I hate it.)

Mikka B

Feb 2, 2017
(H910) Help with static screen after installing ROM + 10L Boot.img + patch

***UPDATE***
Here's what got my 10m on this awesome 10l ROM:

1. Go to TWRP Recovery.

2. Once in TWRP, do WIPE > Format Data.

3. Go to Main Menu, click WIPE, then Advance Wipe, and then perform a Dalvik and Cache WIPE.

3. Flash ROM, Flash Kernal Boot image, and then Flash the Patch.

4. Reboot System.

Once the LG Electronics Logo disappears, your screen will be going through the static screen issue that has been previously reported. The fix to this is basically covering the front sensor and waiting for the whole Main and then the Second screens, to go black. I covered my phone with the PC Mouse Pad. Once both screens are black, do yo' thang, man!

I have the H910 with was originally on 10p but I then installed TWRP with dirtysanta and finally flashed 10r. I understand that this rom only works on 10L so following the above steps: I installed the rom, then the 10L boot.img (I only selected to install in the boot section when twrp gave me the option) and then the patch. I then covered the front sensor with my mouse pad and I'm still getting the static screen. The phone boots fine I just can't see anything due to the static.

Can anyone be able to help at all? - thanks

EDIT - Now I'm getting a green screen saying: "LGE Crash Handler: TZ Crash!" Followed by a long error log.

Last edited:

cnjax

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
I have the H910 with was originally on 10p but I then installed TWRP with dirtysanta and finally flashed 10r. I understand that this rom only works on 10L so following the above steps: I installed the rom, then the 10L boot.img (I only selected to install in the boot section when twrp gave me the option) and then the patch. I then covered the front sensor with my mouse pad and I'm still getting the static screen. The phone boots fine I just can't see anything due to the static.

Can anyone be able to help at all? - thanks
On the initial boot of the rom it takes about 15 minutes, while waiting cover the proximity sensor once both screens turn off then hit the power button and it should turn on without static and you should be at the setup of the phone. Static will only appear again upon reboot. To get rid of it permanently flash another kernel which eliminates it. I recommend the mk2000 kernel. I recommend flashing su again after flashing the new kernel.

Sent from my LG-H910 using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikka B

addymunsta

Mar 22, 2018
For some reason I'm having trouble with two things:
(I'm running MegaRom 3.4, werewolf kernel, with version h91010c on ATT.
I don't have many options in regards to the second screen. The photos attached show that there should be a music player option.

I also disabled root and xposed, logged in to snapchat, and reenabled them all but now the app is incredibly laggy.

cnjax

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
For some reason I'm having trouble with two things:
(I'm running MegaRom 3.4, werewolf kernel, with version h91010c on ATT.
I don't have many options in regards to the second screen. The photos attached show that there should be a music player option.

I also disabled root and xposed, logged in to snapchat, and reenabled them all but now the app is incredibly laggy.
I'd recommend flashing the att version 4.0 which is based on 10l also check out the mk2000 kernel.

addymunsta

Mar 22, 2018
I'd recommend flashing the att version 4.0 which is based on 10l also check out the mk2000 kernel.

Can I reflash with that kernel along with MegaRom and the mk2000 kernel and also keep all of my phone settings? Sorry, I'm quite new to this stuff.

Last edited:

cnjax

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Unfortunately, after I flashed the new kernel and updated, nothing changed in regards to the second screen music players when either the main screen is turned off :(
I don't know about that second screen thing, if there's no specific option in the aroma installer then it's not an option. The picture you're referencing may have been screen shot from the dev personal device and that may have been from a mod he flashed on his phone outside of the rom. Read the OP that should tell you what is included in in the rom. My suggestions previously were in reference to your comments about the phone lagging.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OmreSGE.png

NATF MegaROM V20
    Available for T-Mobile (H918) and AT&T (H910) Variants

ROM Features
    • (H918 Only) NRD90M 10J Base (December 2016 Patch Level, released January 2017)
    • (H910 Only) H91010C 10K Base (May 2017 Patch Level)
    • Stock LG Kernel or Custom Kernel - selectable through Aroma installer
    • Choice of SuperSU, MagiskSU, or No Root
    • build.prop tweaks
      • Increased background app limit
      • Increased RAM utilization - make the phone use more of our 4GB RAM before dumping apps
      • Adoptable Storage - use SD card to seamlessly expand on the 64GB we've already got
    • Aroma Support
      • Almost 50 optional apps to choose from during a completely modular install
      • Google Apps, LG Apps, Carrier Apps - ALL optional
      • 3Minit Battery and Clock mods
      • Viper4Android
    • Google Assistant available natively with latest Google App update
    • AND A WHOLE TON MORE!!!

I would like to thank/recognize the following people for their contributions:

@jcadduono - For the original 10d system dump, kernel, and of course for TWRP
    @Chainfire - For SuperSU
    @nyfl2004 - For our working Viper4Android, 3Minit Battery and Clock modded to the V20, and for all of his help with getting Aroma up and running
    @ivicask - For looking through my convoluted Aroma setup and helping identify why it was randomly breaking
    @topjohnwu - For his most excellent Magisk and MagiskSU apps allowing our rooted devices to pass SafetyNet and catch 'em all!
    @AllTheWay - For providing me with the AT&T system dump needed to port my customizations over, and being my guinea pig to get it booting
    @Tilde88 - For all of his work in getting a stable kernel going for the V20, and allowing me to include it in my ROM
    @USA-RedDragon - For his Werewolf kernel, and allowing me to include it in my ROM
    Current Known Issues:

H918
    • Some people have experienced skips when listening to music over Bluetooth. I too have had it happen, but it is not at all common, and lasts less than a fraction of a second. Putting your phone either on vibrate or DND seem to help further reduce occurrences.

H910
    • 4.0 is based on 10L, not M, as my dump of that one would not boot. WiFi Calling and VoLTE do work, however.

All Variants
    • Data Wipe option in Aroma doesn't always work. This is a glitch related to newer hardware and Nougat, as verified on the HTC 10 as well. If you expected your data to be wiped, but it was not, please reboot into TWRP, perform a Factory Reset, and then flash the ROM again. You MUST flash the ROM again after a factory reset, or you will lost systemless root AND your internal storage may encrypt.
    • Netflix - They have blocked their app from unlocked/rooted devices. You can sideload it from APK Mirror, or use Magisk to hide root from Google Play Store, then clear data on the Play Store. Your device will then show as Certified and all blocked apps will be available.

As any more come up, they'll be added here, and then fixed ASAP.
    Changelog:

v5.0 T-Mobile
    • Updated base to 10K (May 2017)
    • Added Google Pixel Launcher from Android O Beta 2
    • Updated all Google Apps except Maps
      • Reverted Maps due to GPS issues for some
    • Updated Aroma to 3.00 Beta Downgraded back to Aroma 2.70RC2 in fixed build
      • Cleaned up the app lists somewhat
      • If Aroma freezes during the install, pull the battery and start again - this only happened to me once, in over 30 test flashes
      • Rearranged some of the menus for better flow
    • Spent a good 4 hours rewriting the installer-script to make it look a lot less ugly
    • Added Werewolf kernel by @USA-RedDragon in place of NotSoStock
    • Available without root as well
    • Further tweaked the memory utilization in build.prop, allowing background apps to remain in RAM longer

I think there's a few other changes, I just can't remember them at the moment. Roughly 20 hours into this update, brain is mush.

NOTE: Due to the changes to memory utilization in build.prop, your first boot after the update may cause the phone to lag. This will clear up within 5 minutes, and will not occur after subsequent reboots.

v4.0 T-Mobile
    • Added New Options for No Root Installs
      • Stock and NSS kernels available without root
      • 3minit and V4A options still work
    • Updated all Google, LG, T-Mobile apps
    • Updated Nova Launcher
    • Updated Magisk to 11.6 (12.0 finicky on V20)
    • Removed Adaptive Brightness mod (was glitchy)
    • Several additional build.prop tweaks
    • Added Optional Apps
      • Google Voice
      • SMS Backup and Restore
      • Speedtest.net
    • Removed Pixel Launcher - Assistant interferes

v4.0 AT&T
    • ROM base updated to 10L (10M won't boot)
    • Added New Options for No Root Installs
      • 3minit and V4A options still work
      • Removed Werewolf kernel
    • Updated all Google, LG, AT&T apps
    • Updated Nova Launcher
    • Updated Magisk to 11.6 (12.0 finicky on V20)
    • Several additional build.prop tweaks
    • Added Optional Apps
      • Google Voice
      • SMS Backup and Restore
      • Speedtest.net
    • Removed Pixel Launcher - Assistant interferes

Now some notes and observations:

• There was a report of the ROM not froze at the AT&T splash. If this occurs to you, first wait 5 minutes to make sure it really is frozen. Then, pull the battery and then boot up again. The Android is Starting screen will then come up as expected.
    • There was also one issue where the ROM wouldn't boot past the AT&T splash. For this, boot into TWRP, flash the AT&T boot.img (attached to the download post) using the IMG flash option, then flash Magisk 11.6 (also attached), then reboot as normal. I'm also uploading a patch to AFH, which should automate this process. Give it a try and report back.
    Pre-Install Steps

• If you are not already on TWRP 3.0.2.0-RC8 or higher, do that first! Bootloops and loss of access to recovery is possible with all older builds
    • Backup your existing ROM

Notes
    • I recommend wiping data and flashing clean, if coming from another custom ROM. This should not be required, but you may wind up with FCs if you don't. A clean flash is required if you're on an older custom ROM, or older stock based on 10d.
    • If you're already on an older build of my ROM, you can dirty flash future updates. However if you experience FCs, please do a clean flash
    Downloads

TWRP
    https://build.nethunter.com/test-builds/twrp/lge/

v5.0

H918 for T-Mobile
    AFH: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298960907
    MD5: d16b367b4ebdf8551001a32aa7d75636

H910 for AT&T
    COMING SOON

v4.0

H918 for T-Mobile
    AFH - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634766880
    MD5 - f4b1f90940c40dff3190250a5134f001

H910 for AT&T
    AFH - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767158881
    MD5 - 0f89637a0be11a711e61f95e324284a6

See Notes here.

v3.4

H918 for T-Mobile UPDATED on March 24th
    AFH - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120718875
    MD5 - aa0def523efbeb471ebdb850d7e9c4e1

H910 for AT&T
    AFH - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120718951
    MD5 - d3ce0ee5940ac4b203461eafd039f53d

Older Releases:

v3.3
    H910 AT&T ONLY

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120712176 - FIXED as of March 2
    MD5 - 75507cd0c72ae718e0ddd751ba6dea60

v3.2
    H918 T-Mobile ONLY
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767135277
    MD5 - 220b70d8ffaa9d8246df0f5e16fbda6a

v3.1
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634742854
    MD5 - 53c5da3c3eb264a0e8af5806b56cda25

v3.0 Fixed (updated 1/24 to address Aroma bugs)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634741220
    MD5 - 98782147bbae32554a6d41e974442647

See this post for additional information.