• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROM[hammerhead][8.1]**crDroid**[4.6]

Search This thread

b13n

Jun 27, 2014
Midgard
Getting ERROR: 7 on the updater script as if the device wasn't Hammerhead. The log states the device is: . Any ideas?.

Edit: I tried tampering with the updater script and removing: "Hammerhead" as the device the package is for, no luck. I tried setting that the package is for: "." which is what the updater script states the device is, no luck. Tried with both 4.6 and 4.7 . Any help or further ideas appreciated.

I'm coming from CRdroid 7.1,

Last edited:

timothy__tt

Sep 8, 2014
Getting ERROR: 7 on the updater script as if the device wasn't Hammerhead. The log states the device is: . Any ideas?.

Edit: I tried tampering with the updater script and removing: "Hammerhead" as the device the package is for, no luck. I tried setting that the package is for: "." which is what the updater script states the device is, no luck. Tried with both 4.6 and 4.7 . Any help or further ideas appreciated.

I'm coming from CRdroid 7.1,

I had the same problem as well, I tried changing the props for the device name, didn't work, ultimately I fixed it by modifying the updater script.

I assume you found the updater script file already, at META-INF\com\google\android.
Then just remove the first line that does the assertion. Of course, if you don't already know this package is compatible, this is obviously a bad move.
But we know, so delete the entire line. Worked for me.
Upon googling the error, it seems this solution didn't work for some people, if that's the case for you then I have no more suggestions.

mZg2YJr.png

Reactions: b13n

b13n

Jun 27, 2014
Midgard
I had the same problem as well, I tried changing the props for the device name, didn't work, ultimately I fixed it by modifying the updater script.

I assume you found the updater script file already, at META-INF\com\google\android.
Then just remove the first line that does the assertion. Of course, if you don't already know this package is compatible, this is obviously a bad move.
But we know, so delete the entire line. Worked for me.
Upon googling the error, it seems this solution didn't work for some people, if that's the case for you then I have no more suggestions.

mZg2YJr.png

Worked like a charm, thank you!.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

this is crDroid for LG Nexus 5

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

First time installing crDroid to your N5, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP)
    - Copy GApps and crDroid zip to your external SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe system,data and cache
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    - Copy crDroid ZIP to your external SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe system and cache
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock crDroid-kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

DONATE

crDroid G+ community

crDroid Website

https://github.com/crdroidandroid

XDA:DevDB Information
    crdroidandroid, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    firebird11
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: LOS

Version Information

Created 2018-08-10
    Last Updated 2018-08-10
    Thank you so much for bring back this wonderful rom. :highfive:
    Great news crdroid for Nexus 5. , Thanks
    Just tested out the Bluetooth, listening to music sounds great. Bluetooth calls on the other hand is a no go.