[ROM][harpia] CyanogenMod 13 for Moto G Play

Search This thread

governmentissuejoe

Apr 3, 2013
Couldn't hear other callers and other calls couldn't hear me. Then after 10 seconds phone call hangs up. I think it has with the phone trying to do volte

Sent from my Moto G Play using XDA-Developers mobile app

I just bought this phone for my girlfriend. I always install cyanogenmod on all my/friends/family phones. This is the only time I have had the issue that you are describing. It was happening intermittently. But then I noticed that it was only having this problem when the phone was connected to LTE prior to receiving/making a call. The phone indicator showed LTE during the call as opposed to switching to 3G. Which leads me to believe it is attempting to use VOLTE during the call. When I switch the phone preferred network type to 3G, everything works normally.

So how can I disable VOLTE on this ROM?

spiked_mistborn

Nov 28, 2012
So how can I disable VOLTE on this ROM?

Not sure if this will work, but it might be worth a try. In the radio settings menu (dial *#*#4636#*#*) under phone information there is a setting called VOLTE provisioned or something similar. Try toggling that off and see if it helps. I'm not sure if it will keep the setting after a reboot though. If that doesn't work check build.prop for any VoLTE settings and try changing them to false.

DanHutchins

Sep 2, 2015
Claremont, N.H
Thanks for the quick reply! How about out of the box before rooting and such?
Very good phone in my opinion. Never had an issue. The only reason I root and flash custom Roms is to help others. The phone is solid out of the box. Glad I got it.

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

Thanks for the quick reply! How about out of the box before rooting and such?
Just a heads up this phone should have OTA update to 7.0 any time from now to end of February.

Razgriz

Aug 1, 2010
OKC
Very good phone in my opinion. Never had an issue. The only reason I root and flash custom Roms is to help others. The phone is solid out of the box. Glad I got it.

I'm trying to get calls to work on T-Mobile but I'm having a hell of a time to get them to constantly go through.

Just a heads up this phone should have OTA update to 7.0 any time from now to end of February.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up.

moxfyre

Dec 6, 2010
Working:
  • Still and video camera
  • Audio
  • RIL
  • WiFi
  • Still picture and video taking
  • SD card
  • Video playback

Thank you for building this! The only thing that doesn't work for me is that I cannot change/spoof my WiFi MAC address.

After changing the address via adb, WiFi simply can't connect:

Code:
$ adb shell
[email protected]:/ $ su
[email protected]:/ # ifconfig wlan0 hw ether down
[email protected]:/ # ifconfig wlan0 hw ether cc:61:de:ad:be:ef up

Is there something special/incomplete about the WiFi driver for this device that prevents the WiFi MAC address from being spoofed?

Last edited:

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
Moto G8
Thank you for building this! The only thing that doesn't work for me is that I cannot change/spoof my WiFi MAC address.

After changing the address via adb, WiFi simply can't connect:

Is there something special/incomplete about the WiFi driver for this device that prevents the WiFi MAC address from being spoofed?
Do you have BusyBox installed? That could be preventing it from working (as in the app itself tries to run a command that doesn't exist without BB)

moxfyre

Dec 6, 2010
Do you have BusyBox installed? That could be preventing it from working (as in the app itself tries to run a command that doesn't exist without BB)

???! I am not using an "app". I am running standard Linux command-line tools via adb.

After changing the MAC address, the new address is reflected by ifconfig… but I can no longer connect to any wireless network.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1oXkC6z.png

I've been working on porting CyanogenMod 13 to the Moto G Play. It's part of the msm8916-common family.

Changelog:
    Code:
    November 9, 2016:
    - Support for XT1603 and dual SIM XT1601 variants
    - Kernel security updates

October 19, 2016:
    - Source built kernel
    - Support for more variants
    - CM updates

September 3, 2016:
    - Initial public release

Working:
    • Still and video camera
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • WiFi
    • Still picture and video taking
    • SD card
    • Video playback

Downloads:
    November 9 Build
    October 19 Release
    September 1 Release

Source Code:
    ROM: https://github.com/CyanogenMod
    Device: https://github.com/moto8916

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][harpia] CyanogenMod 13 for Moto G Play, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
    squid2, Alberto97
    Source Code: https://github.com/moto8916/android_device_motorola_harpia

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-09-03
    Last Updated 2016-11-09
    Harpia kernel source is out

Apologies for the delay, I've been a bit lately and have a lot of projects going on. Motorola released kernel sources for this device yesterday, so I'll be working on adding harpia support to the CM kernel soon. The next build will come with a source built kernel.
    October 19 Release

I've posted a new build that has a source built kernel and should hopefully support the radio on more variants of the device. Try it out, and let me know if it works on your device. If it doesn't, PM the output of running getprop on your stock ROM. The download link for the ROM is on the first post.

My plan is to make CM13 official for this device in the next couple weeks. After that, I'll start working on CM14 for this device.
    November 9 Build

I've posted a new build that should add support for more variants of the device. The ROM comes with a basic CM kernel similar to the last build. You can flash my custom kernel if you want. As before, if cellular radio on this new build doesn't work on your variant, please PM me your stock ROM getprop. The download link for the ROM is on the first post.

This will probably be my last build build of CM13 for this device. I will now be moving over to CM14.1.
    Thread cleaned. Far too much OT, Trolling, basic questions and ridiculous debate about OTHER ROMs.

Any more garbage will simply be deleted without warning and the offender(s) dealt with off line.

Thread re-opened - NOTE the above warnings...