[ROM][harpia] CyanogenMod 13 for Moto G Play

Search This thread

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
1oXkC6z.png

I've been working on porting CyanogenMod 13 to the Moto G Play. It's part of the msm8916-common family.

Changelog:
Code:
November 9, 2016:
- Support for XT1603 and dual SIM XT1601 variants
- Kernel security updates

October 19, 2016:
- Source built kernel
- Support for more variants
- CM updates

September 3, 2016:
- Initial public release

Working:
  • Still and video camera
  • Audio
  • RIL
  • WiFi
  • Still picture and video taking
  • SD card
  • Video playback

Downloads:
November 9 Build
October 19 Release
September 1 Release

Source Code:
ROM: https://github.com/CyanogenMod
Device: https://github.com/moto8916

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][harpia] CyanogenMod 13 for Moto G Play, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
squid2, Alberto97
Source Code: https://github.com/moto8916/android_device_motorola_harpia

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-09-03
Last Updated 2016-11-09

zeeBomb

Jan 1, 2016
Wow :eek: quick compiling...don't have this so I can't test it out as of right now...amazing work squid!

massalami

Apr 1, 2011
Great rom, mate, but ouch..I forgot to backup so now I don´t have my radio functionality ( completely aware it was stated in the post. Totally my fault).
I was wondering if theres a stock rom image available or if it would be possible to provide such a thing.
Either way, I appreciate the rom and the help, if possible.

Rotkaeqpchen

Apr 30, 2008
Great rom, mate, but ouch..I forgot to backup so now I don´t have my radio functionality ( completely aware it was stated in the post. Totally my fault).
I was wondering if theres a stock rom image available or if it would be possible to provide such a thing.

A few days ago I found the firmware in a French forum. Unfortunately it's filefactory only ^^ I already recovered the system partition of my device several times with these files.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4kt...ubsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

Reactions: massalami

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario

I don't have any firmware links beyond the usual FileFactory ones, so that's what you'll have to use for now. Once you revive your device, if you could run "getprop" over ADB and PM me the output, I'll add support for your variant's radio.

Reactions: massalami

massalami

Apr 1, 2011
Thank you squid. I was able to recover the device. Is there a particular section of the get prop log you want? Bc I got something huge and I'm sure the command prompt clipped part of the information.
Once again, thanks for the good will

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

A few days ago I found the firmware in a French forum. Unfortunately it's filefactory only ^^ I already recovered the system partition of my device several times with these files.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4kt...ubsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip
Thank you very much. I had found the same website but wasn't sure if it was the proper version for my device but after your post I went ahead and tried it and it worked wonders.

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
Thank you squid. I was able to recover the device. Is there a particular section of the get prop log you want? Bc I got something huge and I'm sure the command prompt clipped part of the information.

The easiest way to get the whole thing is to direct output to a file.
Code:
adb shell getprop > props.txt

I recommend sending me the file contents in a PM instead of posting publicly as it contains your serial number, IMEI, and MAC address. Alternatively, you can post the file here in thread if you censor out those three things.

massalami

Apr 1, 2011
The easiest way to get the whole thing is to direct output to a file.

I recommend sending me the file contents in a PM instead of posting publicly as it contains your serial number, IMEI, and MAC address. Alternatively, you can post the file here in thread if you censor out those three things.
Thanks squid. Ive sent you a pm with the info requested

kindlefire39

Mar 2, 2012

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Thank you very much. I had found the same website but wasn't sure if it was the proper version for my device but after your post I went ahead and tried it and it worked wonders.
Did this give you the proper radio/variant as well? I'm a bit confused about file factory images.

Easy_as_Pi_3.14

Dec 5, 2013
Massachusetts
@squid2 The theme chooser bug was an upstream thing. It should be fixed now.

Because I had it on my (now defunct, RIP) Galaxy S3 LTE on nightlies, and although I didn't update, I saw the day after I noticed it in the changelog, that they removed the boot receiver from the code, but forgot to remove it from AndroidManifest.xml.

So a new build should fix it.

Rotkaeqpchen

Apr 30, 2008
Looking forward to a new build. Will region specific radio work in the new build? If not, what can I do to help adding XT1602 (Germany) support?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Castaldelli

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
Harpia kernel source is out

Apologies for the delay, I've been a bit lately and have a lot of projects going on. Motorola released kernel sources for this device yesterday, so I'll be working on adding harpia support to the CM kernel soon. The next build will come with a source built kernel.

cvbrt

Jan 19, 2015
cm13 and cm14 for harpia

Squid2, will you make cm13 for harpia official or only cm14? I am asking because the cm14 development is well advanced. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1oXkC6z.png

I've been working on porting CyanogenMod 13 to the Moto G Play. It's part of the msm8916-common family.

Changelog:
    Code:
    November 9, 2016:
    - Support for XT1603 and dual SIM XT1601 variants
    - Kernel security updates

October 19, 2016:
    - Source built kernel
    - Support for more variants
    - CM updates

September 3, 2016:
    - Initial public release

Working:
    • Still and video camera
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • WiFi
    • Still picture and video taking
    • SD card
    • Video playback

Downloads:
    November 9 Build
    October 19 Release
    September 1 Release

Source Code:
    ROM: https://github.com/CyanogenMod
    Device: https://github.com/moto8916

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][harpia] CyanogenMod 13 for Moto G Play, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
    squid2, Alberto97
    Source Code: https://github.com/moto8916/android_device_motorola_harpia

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-09-03
    Last Updated 2016-11-09
    Harpia kernel source is out

Apologies for the delay, I've been a bit lately and have a lot of projects going on. Motorola released kernel sources for this device yesterday, so I'll be working on adding harpia support to the CM kernel soon. The next build will come with a source built kernel.
    October 19 Release

I've posted a new build that has a source built kernel and should hopefully support the radio on more variants of the device. Try it out, and let me know if it works on your device. If it doesn't, PM the output of running getprop on your stock ROM. The download link for the ROM is on the first post.

My plan is to make CM13 official for this device in the next couple weeks. After that, I'll start working on CM14 for this device.
    November 9 Build

I've posted a new build that should add support for more variants of the device. The ROM comes with a basic CM kernel similar to the last build. You can flash my custom kernel if you want. As before, if cellular radio on this new build doesn't work on your variant, please PM me your stock ROM getprop. The download link for the ROM is on the first post.

This will probably be my last build build of CM13 for this device. I will now be moving over to CM14.1.
    Thread cleaned. Far too much OT, Trolling, basic questions and ridiculous debate about OTHER ROMs.

Any more garbage will simply be deleted without warning and the offender(s) dealt with off line.

Thread re-opened - NOTE the above warnings...