• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] HDX Nexus [Safestrap Version] v1.0.1

Search This thread

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
If I flash the Dolby Digital v1.2 add on that's in the O.P. after I've already installed this ROM and gapps a month ago will it affect anything negatively if its not all flashed at the same time? Also what exactly does the Dolby Digital add on do and how does it do it?
You should be able to flash the Dolby package without any adverse consequences. What you'll get is better sound (an HDX strong point) and some additional audio controls. How that is accomplished is beyond me; probably just a set of stock libraries massaged and repackaged for the Nexus rom.

Reactions: DynamicN
I enjoy using this ROM but...

I have been feeling left out. I can't unlock my bootloader (3.2.8).
I've been wondering if there will any further development for this ROM. Using 4.5.2 sources now it can be rooted. I know that there are incompatibilities with safestrap and 4.5.x but I also heard that hashcode has returned to development.

I guess what I'm trying to say is will there be anything in store for anyone who can't unlock there bootloader?

Great work so far all. My hat it off to you guys. :good:

Reactions: DynamicN

ajac

Nov 1, 2007
how do you get life wallpapers to work with this one? I did it before and I cant remember how. I set the permissions to rw --r --r on both files and it just keeps crashing. I had to factory reset and wanted to allocate more space and forgot I had to go through some pains to get life wallpaper working.

veaceslav

Jan 1, 2013
I made a safe strap partition of 3GB, but now I use my kindle with HDX and I want to make a bigger data partition.. How can resize without deleting it?

Sent from my Nexus HDX 7 using XDA Free mobile app

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I made a safe strap partition of 3GB, but now I use my kindle with HDX and I want to make a bigger data partition.. How can resize without deleting it?

Sent from my Nexus HDX 7 using XDA Free mobile app
My understanding is safestrap partitions can not be resized. However, you could backup up the contents (or create an online nandroid image) and then restore to an enlarged slot. If you have the room might want to create the new slot first to make sure everything transfers ok before deleting the old. Good luck.

armando817

Apr 25, 2015
I've installed Safestrap, backed up my stock image and have put this ROM into slot #1. Everything is working wonderfully well!

Thank you, GGOW!

For everyone else: I had 4.5.3 and I downloaded to version 13.3.2.8 as per the recovered OTA file from the other thread. I installed towelroot, SuperSU, then Safestrap... took a backup of my stock OS, created a new image in slot 1, and then installed per the first post in this thread. Everything's working great, and I can toggle back and forth between the stock Amazon image and the Nexus if I wanted to (but I think the Nexus image will be my permanent one).

Super happy with this, and I'm really thankful to GGOW and everyone else on this board who continuously post such helpful items!!

Hi CanadaDave77

Would you mind telling us what version of towelroot, SuperSU, and Safestrap you used to do this?

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
Will the new version be able to work on this ROM at its current version? as I and others would be worried about updating to 4.5.2 because of all of the brick reports.

I'm personally exited about 4.4's system ui as I can finally get dynamic (colour changing) system bars (status and navigation bars) to work. :p

The kitkat version of the ROM will require .4.5.2 to be installed. Don't go upgrading yet :)
I'll get all the details sorted out first.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
The kitkat version of the ROM will require .4.5.2 to be installed. Don't go upgrading yet :)
I'll get all the details sorted out first.

This is a great choice even if forced by technical considerations. Moving away from the 3.2.8 rollback and an aging firmware platform should go a long ways toward reducing the number of 'bricks' while leaving the door open to future enhancements.

Reactions: LittleGreenSony

CanadaDave77

Mar 13, 2015
Sorry!!

Hi CanadaDave77

Would you mind telling us what version of towelroot, SuperSU, and Safestrap you used to do this?

I'm terribly sorry - I missed that this was addressed to me.

It's Safestrap 3.75 (TWRP 2.7.1.0). Per the messages that happened just before this one, though, if ggow is able to do some updates to a later version, that would be absolutely ideal.

For the rest of the forum - I've been using this ROM almost exclusively since my install date many messages ago, and it really is rock solid. We're very lucky to have ggow doing this kind of stuff for us, for sure! Thanks, man. :)

rootnooby

Apr 21, 2014
Install failing. I am running Safestrap recovery v3.75 (TWRP v2.7.1.0). Firmware is 14.3.2.6. Backed up my stock rom. Created slot 1 and activated it. Attempted to install apollo.zip in rom slot 1.

I get the following message:

Updating partition details...
kernel does not have support for reading SELinux contsxts.
Installing '/datamedia/media/0/download/apollo.zip'...
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
Verifying zip signature...
E:Zip signature verification failed: 1
Error flashing zip '/datamedia/media/0/download/apollo.zip'

Then, I went back to Home and switched to my stock ROM slot and rebooted. A message came up that the Kindle couldn't reboot giving me the option to either reboot, or factory reset. I did NOT factory reset. I chose reboot and it seemed to work.

Not sure what is going on here.

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
Install failing. I am running Safestrap recovery v3.75 (TWRP v2.7.1.0). Firmware is 14.3.2.6. Backed up my stock rom. Created slot 1 and activated it. Attempted to install apollo.zip in rom slot 1.

I get the following message:

kernel does not have support for reading SELinux contsxts.
Installing '/datamedia/media/0/download/apollo.zip'...
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
Verifying zip signature...
E:Zip signature verification failed: 1
Error flashing zip '/datamedia/media/0/download/apollo.zip'

Then, I went back to Home and switched to my stock ROM slot and rebooted. A message came up that the Kindle couldn't reboot giving me the option to either reboot, or factory reset. I did NOT factory reset. I chose reboot and it seemed to work.

Not sure what is going on here.

It looks like you had signature verification enabled in Safestrap within the flash options.

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
That's correct. I tried it several times with signature verification checked and unchecked. Still no success with the install.

with signature checking disabled what error do you get?
Also send me the recovery log from the /cache partition after the error occurs so we try to better understand what's going wrong.

Reactions: rootnooby

Top Liked Posts