• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] HDX Nexus [Safestrap Version] v1.0.1

Search This thread

rootnooby

Apr 21, 2014
with signature checking disabled what error do you get?
Also send me the recovery log from the /cache partition after the error occurs so we try to better understand what's going wrong.
I'm getting the same error just without the two lines regarding the signature error. I'm not sure how to go about providing the recovery log you refer to. Can you clarify.?

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
Well

Would anybody happen to have a backup of 3.2.8?
Nvm, forgot the rename trick.
Wth??
Rename bin to zip doesn't work anymore?
Anyway' lost my backup of stock can anyone post? Or pm me 'nthx

Last edited:

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Would anybody happen to have a backup of 3.2.8?
Nvm, forgot the rename trick.
Wth??
Rename bin to zip doesn't work anymore?
Anyway' lost my backup of stock can anyone post? Or pm me 'nthx
I'm speculating your are running Safestrap v3.75 with Nexus v1.0.1 in either the primary/stock or a secondary slot. Your goal is to restore stock FireOS to the primary/stock slot. If accurate you are very lucky your previous attempts did not work as a hard (unrecoverable) brick would have been the likely outcome. Congratulations on a second life. Maybe ask next time ...

You *should* be able to flash FireOS 3.2.6 from this thread to an existing SS slot. Do not attempt to use these images outside Safestrap. Also note this is an 'off label' use; I can't be 100% certain of success as other components on your device remain at 3.2.8. Amazon implemented anti-rollback protection in 3.2.7/3.2.8 which permanently disables the device if a rollback attempt is made. As you are not rolling back this shouldn't be an issue.

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
I'm speculating your are running Safestrap v3.75 with Nexus v1.0.1 in either the primary/stock or a secondary slot. Your goal is to restore stock FireOS to the primary/stock slot. If accurate you are very lucky your previous attempts did not work as a hard (unrecoverable) brick would have been the likely outcome. Congratulations on a second life. Maybe ask next time ...

You *should* be able to flash FireOS 3.2.6 from this thread to an existing SS slot. Do not attempt to use these images outside Safestrap. Also note this is an 'off label' use; I can't be 100% certain of success as other components on your device remain at 3.2.8. Amazon implemented anti-rollback protection in 3.2.7/3.2.8 which permanently disables the device if a rollback attempt is made. As you are not rolling back this shouldn't be an issue.
I appreciate your concern. Yet. I am very very yet very too familiar with this device. And they both thor model and Apollo have been sitting on my headboard for over 6 months. The thor model is on old firmware that I can actually unlock but is currently just bypassed on the bootloader. And my Apollo was a freak refurb. That I got over 6 months ago that was on the 52 firmware. Just now got to messing back around with these damn HDX. And was going to upgrade the Apollo to the new safestrap and Nexus. Since it is the device that I cannot completely unlock. But in order to do that. I need to restore stock point eight so I can upgrade stock slot from 3.2.8 to 4.5.2

Last edited:

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I appreciate your concern. Yet. I am very very yet very too familiar with this device. And they both thor model and Apollo have been sitting on my headboard for over 6 months. The thor model is on old firmware that I can actually unlock but is currently just bypassed on the bootloader. And my Apollo was a freak refurb. That I got over 6 months ago that was on the 52 firmware. Just now got to messing back around with these damn HDX. And was going to upgrade the Apollo to the new safestrap and Nexus. Since it is the device that I cannot completely unlock. But in order to do that. I need to restore stock point eight so I can upgrade stock slot from 3.2.8 to 4.5.2

So my assumption was off but the outcome would have been the same. The files you want are located here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=59220996 . Follow directions, download everything you need in advance, stay off WiFi during rollback, think twice before acting. Suggest HDX toolkit for root and OTA block (if needed) while on 3.2.8. Good luck.

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
Well

So my assumption was off but the outcome would have been the same. The files you want are located here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=59220996 . Follow directions, download everything you need in advance, stay off WiFi during rollback, think twice before acting. Suggest HDX toolkit for root and OTA block (if needed) while on 3.2.8. Good luck.

I've actually already done all that therefore I am running this as my current ROM on stock. I had taken a backup of stock. But in moving files for my windows 10 point O upgrade. I lost it. I can't use the backup files that are posted. Previous 2.8. To achieve what I am trying to achieve....

Last edited:

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I've actually already done all that therefore I am running this as my current ROM on stock. I had taken a backup of stock. But in moving files for my windows 10 point O upgrade. I lost it. I can't use the backup files that are posted. Previous 2.8. To achieve what I am trying to achieve....

Seems like you know where to look and can obtain what's needed either directly or by hopscotching through versions (rollback/upgrade). Or maybe someone will upload an archive in the format you desire. Best wishes.

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
Seems like you know where to look and can obtain what's needed either directly or by hopscotching through versions (rollback/upgrade). Or maybe someone will upload an archive in the format you desire. Best wishes.

I simply desire,a clean safestrap 3.75 backup of stock slot version .3.2.8 so i can restore stock slot to clean .3.2.8 so I may apply the 4.5.2 update , reroot (now that there is an exploit) install safestrap 4.0 and nexas 4.0+. If you can not help , then thank..but?
Thankyou @ggow

Last edited:

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
I simply desire,a clean safestrap 3.75 backup of stock slot version .3.2.8 so i can restore stock slot to clean .3.2.8 so I may apply the 4.5.2 update , reroot (now that there is an exploit) install safestrap 4.0 and nexas 4.0+. If you can not help , then thank..but?
Thankyou @ggow

Hey jimyv,

- Just got back from holiday's
- I'll build you a .3.2.8 safestrap flashable image today or tomorrow.
- Which device do you need the image for?

Reactions: jimyv

johim

Jun 30, 2012
Strange, i cant stream wireless display to myfire tv stick. My other hdx with nexus rom 4.x works fine. Im on 3.2.8 and SS, wireless display detects the stick but upon connection it simply crashes. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus HDX 7 using XDA Free mobile app

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Strange, i cant stream wireless display to myfire tv stick. My other hdx with nexus rom 4.x works fine. Im on 3.2.8 and SS, wireless display detects the stick but upon connection it simply crashes. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus HDX 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Wireless Display doesn't work on Nexus ROM v1.0.1 or 2.0.5. I haven't figured why yet.

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana

Hey jimyv,

- Just got back from holiday's
- I'll build you a .3.2.8 safestrap flashable image today or tomorrow.
- Which device do you need the image for?
I have the Apollo 8.9 32 gigabyte HDX wifi
I was under the impression at one point. We could rename our up date bin files 2 zip files and flash them. But for some reason it keeps kicking out on the update binary and failing. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I was under the impression at one point. We could rename our up date bin files 2 zip files and flash them. But for some reason it keeps kicking out on the update binary and failing. Thank you very much.

@ggow - if you are successful in creating a .3.2.8 safestrap flashable image can you quietly post it here for future reference? No doubt someone else will have a need either because they flashed Nexus to the stock slot or borked 3.2.8. Having a SS flashable 3.2.8 will avoid any conflict with earlier versions and potential triggering of anti-rollback protections (remote possibility but always a worry). Thanks in advance.

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Amazon Fire
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

Created safestrap flashable 14.3.2.8 but won't be able to upload it until tomorrow morning.

Sent from my Fire Phone using Tapatalk

tstorey16

Apr 21, 2015
Quick Question about Google play

Can you update Google play store via the playstore or is it still borked? The version from this rom is version 5.7.10

Top Liked Posts