• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] HDX Nexus [Safestrap Version] v1.0.1

Search This thread

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I meant google play services.....current version is 7.8.99 (2134222-036) and 1mobile has update for 7.8.99 (2134222-038)

I no longer use this excellent rom (upgraded to Nexus v4) but will comment I never experienced an issue with Google Play Services. If your experience is different you may want to consider upgrading to Nexus v4 as that will increasingly be the mainstream version. Note you *must* upgrade to FireOS v4.5.2 first. Bounce back if interested; I'll provide more detail.

Realize I didn't answer your primary question (sorry).

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
boys is normal that this version provides for the installation of memory app just over 2 gb? My tablet 64gb and not use them for the app is a bull****.
Trying to understand your question. Assumptions:
- running Safestrap v3.7.x
- FireOS in Stock slot
- Nexus v2 (this rom) in slot #1

If this is accurate -and- you accepted the defaults when creating slot #1 then Nexus (or any other rom) will not take utilize all the available storage on your device.

Options:
- install Nexus v2 on the STOCK slot overwriting FireOS. The stock slot utilizes all unused resources on your device. Once working you can delete slot #1 to recover another 3-5 GB of storage.
- delete slot #1, rebuild it with expanded storage allocations and then reinstall Nexus+apps. I see no advantage of this path unless you need to keep FireOS in the stock slot (why?).
- rollback device, install TWRP and unlock bootloader to gain access to additional roms that run in 'native' mode eliminating the need for Safestrap.

The last option is the best but also involves the most work and greatest risk. There have been previous exchanges on this topic (early Feb 2016; Nexus 4.0.5 thread). You will need to educate yourself on the procedure by reading through existing threads.

Top Liked Posts