[ROM][HEROLTE][7.1.2] crDroid v3.8.4 [12.12.17] & [8.0] crDroid v4.0 α [12.15.17]

Search This thread

ptr_hamilton

Aug 1, 2010
I've tried the new version last night. Here are my results:

- the new camera1 doesn't work with Google Camera HDR+ port as well as the previous one, that's a big one for me.
- small lags with the stock kernel, gone when I flashed Prime kernel and overclocked the frequencies.
- even overclocked, Facebook and some other apps lag heavily with scrolling.
How fast your results? Did the ROM even settle in that small period of time? I bet the micro lags disappear after some days when all settings settled

harisyks

Jul 12, 2013
How fast your results? Did the ROM even settle in that small period of time? I bet the micro lags disappear after some days when all settings settled

Well, I used an older version as well and it had the same lags.
The fact that they disappear after locking the frequencies from 2.1 to 2.6 GHz tells me they won't go after some days. And the scrolling lag is too heavy to just magically dissappear.

Lizzacore

Jul 21, 2013
Dortmund
found 3 Bugs.
1: i cant get Access to the vibration sensitive. the settingsapp crashes.
2: If i save contacts in Phone WhatsApp dont get there but If i save them in Google Account WhatsApp get them.
3: Automatic brightness dont Work. the Display wont get brighter/ less brighter.

kind regards

Last edited:

saski4711

Jul 9, 2016
Hell this ROM finally got rid of the camera quality mess and provides a acceptable image even with the Whatsapp/Telegramm integrated cameras! Screen Rotation works now everywhere too :).

One thing that really hurts however: Bluetooth again.... :(. The good news: Voice calls are working in my car and with all of my Headsets. However the Quality with my WBS Headset is abyssimal even after I force audio_hal.force_voice_config to "wide". With official LOS I had great HD Voice quality (7KHz AMR-WBS) with that setting. Is there any way I can get HD Voice over Bluetooth (NOT VoLTE!) back even with the tradeoff that some older Headsets do not work?

Other than that this ROM fits all my needs! GREAT Job!!!

Reactions: Pat750

ToRRIIDeR

Sep 11, 2017
Okay so I just installed it with Kermit kernel 1.3.0b(don't use 1.3.3 extremely buggy) and everything seems pretty smooth even though I underclocked a bit on the frequency to save some juice. Battery is pretty good for the first discharge(4hrs sot with all day 4G+Using a lot of google maps+ 1hr of gaming). Will update on later battery and performance after kernel has been settled

reyhanpk

Nov 14, 2012
Glasgow
I felt like the newest build consistently faster and smoother than the old one, while being more efficient on the battery. Granted, I changed the kernel to prime with several tweaks by Lspeed though.
Also can confirm my touch sound tricks/bugs for whatsapp call still applied on the new build but otherwise definitely daily-able!

scutterflux

Feb 26, 2015
Saskatoon
I agree, fast and smooth and it does seem to me to give better battery than the last beta which was also another improvement. No issues here that others have been reporting, except the usual.

Still can't figure out why anybody would want to use HTC, footj, or googlehd camera over the one that's included, do they even compare the results? To each his own I guess.

yaycob_jaykron

Oct 21, 2017
Just wanted to say that this is a great ROM. One issue that I noticed in my use is that sometimes after a reboot, the battery jumps down about ten percent; is this a glitch? Also, whenever I take a voice recording or a video, there is considerably more background noise and buzzing than with stock. I tried multiple camera apps, same issue. I haven't come across the low volume issues that others have, though. If somebody could get back to me on potential fixes for the battery and audio quality, that would be fantastic. Thanks!

Reactions: Lizzacore

saski4711

Jul 9, 2016
Just wanted to say that this is a great ROM. One issue that I noticed in my use is that sometimes after a reboot, the battery jumps down about ten percent; is this a glitch? Also, whenever I take a voice recording or a video, there is considerably more background noise and buzzing than with stock. I tried multiple camera apps, same issue. I haven't come across the low volume issues that others have, though. If somebody could get back to me on potential fixes for the battery and audio quality, that would be fantastic. Thanks!

Same here with the battery percentage issue. This seems to be a common problem with LOS based herolte ROMs. Regarding the quality of photos the camera app that comes with this release makes very(!) good images even in low light conditions. Ok I have a SONY CCD maybe with the sammy CCD that's a different story. Try searching for S7 HTC Camera Fix. There is a HTC Camera apk floating around that produces nice images as well. App is somehow buggy though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][HEROLTE][7.1.2] crDroid v3.8.4 [12.12.17] & [8.0] crDroid v4.0 α [12.15.17]

BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

If you are using the Alpha crDroid 4.0, please make backups before flashing

Introduction
    crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today.

Features:
    LineageOS - all mods and features
    StatusBar: Network Traffic
    StatusBar: SU icon toggle
    StatusBar: Ticker
    StatusBar: Hide/Show icons
    StatusBar: BatteryBar customization
    StatusBar: Battery styles
    StatusBar: Tap to Sleep
    StatusBar: Clock styles
    StatusBar: crDroid logo customization
    QuickSettings: Tiles customization
    QuickSettings: Brightness slider toggle
    QuickSettings: Optional brightness icon
    QuickSettings: Vibrate on Touch
    QuickSettings: WiFi easy toggle
    QuickSettings: Bluetooth easy toggle
    QuickSettings: Data easy toggle
    Navigation: Toggle navbar
    Navigation: PIE navigation
    Navigation: DUI - SmartBar / Fling Toggle
    Navigation: Pulse - smart visualization
    Notifications: Power notification controls
    Notifications: Force expanded notifications
    Notifications: Toggle immersive mode messages
    LockScreen: Screen shortcuts
    LockScreen: Toggle longpress for screen shortcuts
    LockScreen: Swipe shortcuts
    LockScreen: Toggle media cover art
    LockScreen: Toggle clock
    LockScreen: Toggle date
    LockScreen: Toggle alarm
    LockScreen: Tap to sleep
    LockScreen: Toggle longpress torch
    LockScreen: Cutomize number of notifications
    LockScreen: Toggle power menu for secure lockscreen
    Recents: Immersive Recents
    Recents: Hidden apps
    Recents: Toggle OmniSwitch as default Recents
    Sound: Toggle screenshot sound
    Sound: Live customization for number of volume steps
    Sound: Less frequent notification sounds
    Miscellaneous: Clock Widget
    Miscellaneous: Toggle suggestions on Settings dashboard
    Miscellaneous: Toggle summaries in Settings
    Miscellaneous: Toggle auto-start music player on headset detection
    Settings/Display: Expanded Desktop customization
    Settings/Sound: Increasing Ringtone
    12 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop and Sync.
    Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
    Default sounds from latest Nexus image.
    OMS support.
    Stability and performance improvements.
    Many more

If you have a request please ask on our G+ site

Screenshots
    https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=20232#screenshots

Known bugs:
    VoLTE not working
    WiFi calling not working

Downloads
    Stable (based on Android 7.1.2): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=173942
    Alpha (based on Android 8.1): https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74857684&postcount=706

Before flashing, always have a full functional backup. Just in case!
    Installation instructions
    1. Install TWRP and boot to it
    2. Flash ROM base from the download link
    3. Flash latest open-gapps-pico (http://opengapps.org)
    4. Optional (not needed if you want to use built-in SU), flash latest Magisk (http://tiny.cc/latestmagisk)
    5. Configure system

If you like my work, consider a donation!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][G930F/FD/W8/S/K/L] crDroid , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    gwolfu
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.8.4
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-12
    Current Beta Version: 4.0 α (Alpha)
    Beta Release Date: 2017-12-15

Created 2017-04-16
    Last Updated 2018-02-02
    A new beta build is ready for those that want to try it
    Warning!!! Do not install unless you are ready to have some bugs

You can get this build from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291689484
    New:
    - Built-in theme engine (you can install Substratum as a secondary theme engine)
    - Enabled AMOLED screen burn-in protection
    - Spectrum support
    - Ability to completely disable HW Keys
    - Force Camera API v1 on all apps (please test camera functionality on apps that are able to use it)
    - Changed default DPI to 560
    - Tweaked HWC (still not fully functional)

If this version is more or less bug free, will get promoted to stable
    since I get a few PM's from different users about the future of crDroid for our beloved S7, think I should release a statement

crDroid 3.8.4
    crDroid 3.8.4 that brings December security update will be live probably this weekend (or sooner depending on my build mood)
    the team just managed to update 7.1 branch sources, so I guess I'll follow up with a build

future of development
    currently I try to bring up crDroid 4.0 based on Android 8.1 for OnePlus 5T (my main device)
    I will support S7 for a little while even if I don't have the phone anymore, so if sources from @Ivan_Meler get released for lineageos-15.x, crDroid 4.0 will follow on S7 also
    so for now rest assured that there are gonna be updates

please consider a small donation if you feel I deserve a coffee (screw the coffee... let's get a beer :D)
    First Oreo build is ready bringing up crDroid 4.0 with it
    This build is treated as a alpha (testing) build and has not been tested, so please install only if you are aware of the possibility of critical bugs
    Huge shoutout to @Ivan_Meler that managed to boot up first LOS 15.0 for our S7
    Please report back with proper logcats if you want to report issues

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579494977
    Make sure you use proper pico gapps
    Build 11.18.2017 that also bumps crDroid to v3.8.3 and brings up November Android Security updates is ready

Main changes:
    New:
    - crDroid v3.8.3
    - November Android Security updates
    - Built-in theme engine (you can install Substratum as a secondary theme engine)
    - Enabled AMOLED screen burn-in protection
    - Spectrum support
    - Ability to completely disable HW Keys
    - Force Camera API v1 on all apps
    - Changed default DPI to 560
    - Tweaked HWC (still not fully functional)