• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]HighOnAndroid "Flyin High" ROM! [App2SD][Custom Boot Animation][GT-N8013/WIFI]

Search This thread

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Just flashed and here's my input thus far....

I rooted using method 2 while on the stock GB firmware version. In cwm recovery, I did factory reset, and wiped cache and dalvik cache and then flashed your rom. Even after performing a full wipe, I still experienced gapps force closing and getting server error in the play store. So I downloaded and flashed the gapps zip file posted above and resolved those issues. Three other issues that I've found is 1. Clicking the X button in the stock browser does not exit the browser. I have to keep pressing back until it finally closes. It was not like this on the GB version 2. My Pandora widget gets cut short on both sides no matter where or what screen I put it. Deleting it and putting it back on doesn't fix it. 3. The boot animation is forced to stay in portrait mode so its on its side when I'm physically holding the tab in landscape orientation. Can this be fixed or can u upload the original boot animation zip file? Two requests...1. Implement an extended power menu. 2. Would there be a way to choose to disable/enable the app2SD on demand? Great first effort rom though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, flashing gapps fixed the issue, I am trying to figure it out but I think the image I used from Entropy512 is causing the problem as I didn't change anything, will update with it fixed on next version. You can leave the sdcard out during boot if you want to disable it then plug it back in.

Yes, working on power menu also.

cavsoldier19d

Feb 1, 2011
Florida
Yes, flashing gapps fixed the issue, I am trying to figure it out but I think the image I used from Entropy512 is causing the problem as I didn't change anything, will update with it fixed on next version. You can leave the sdcard out during boot if you want to disable it then plug it back in.

Great thanks! I will be looking forward to your next release. Also, not sure if you removed the files responsible for ota updates. If not, that would be another thing to put on the to do list for your next release. Btw, what are the ota files for this tab? If they are still on here i will remove them.

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Great thanks! I will be looking forward to your next release. Also, not sure if you removed the files responsible for ota updates. If not, that would be another thing to put on the to do list for your next release. Btw, what are the ota files for this tab? If they are still on here i will remove them.

I believe I removed them but should be under /system/app called FWupgrade, Fotablahblah

flipper2006

Jan 22, 2009
Hollywood, FL

Please include Google Now, if possible, it worked great with the 8000 version but i switched to the 8013 since i didnt have 3g.

sony8505

Mar 19, 2010
issue with saving things after sd swap

I am having an issue with saving things after sd swap in the rom, for example the s Note would say "failed to save the document." I swapped back to the internal storage and the s note would save perfectly.
Can you help me fix the issue?
Thank you so much in advance, and thank you for your rooting tool and rom:D:D

Reactions: rayandreas

caraconejo

Mar 7, 2007
Madrid - Spain
could n8013 flash n8010's rom??????
It should be possible I think but I haven't tried. I believe they are pretty much identical wifi models, 8013 for americas and 8010 for europe/asia.
Some real user experience ... to clear the doubt definitely

In Spain the model is N8010, and I think the only difference is the configuration of wireless bands, here only operate in 2'4Ghz

In Spanish forums confirmed that the IR port is identical to N8013 N8010 :p

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Asked by novice;
# Is it too difficult to implement in a ROM N8010/N8013 wifi support USB 3G Stick Archos models like the Kernell?
Archos Gen8, Gen9 > Gen9 Android Development > [WIP][DEV][ICS][SDE][TEST] Huawei USB Dongles.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1710224

This means that in adjustments, Wheresoever the networking section, and you can configure the APN to mount a USB Stick 3G Dock connector to OTG / USB

I'm using native Spanish, while I apologize and help, if hibiere threads already open in this regard...

Because without diminishing the value of being able to have a script that we solve the problem of sparse data store 16 gigabytes of flash, it would be very interesting to use a 3G USB Modem with Wifi model ...

Last edited:
Reactions: rayandreas

cheko_lokz

Dec 5, 2011
Los Angeles
+1,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001000000000000000!~ :)
yall get the point!

Gatsrom

Oct 5, 2010
I am having an issue with saving things after sd swap in the rom, for example the s Note would say "failed to save the document." I swapped back to the internal storage and the s note would save perfectly.
Can you help me fix the issue?
Thank you so much in advance, and thank you for your rooting tool and rom:D:D

I have this same issue as well. I removed the file for making my sd card my internal storage as I don't like it that way. Everything else works fine, except for when I go to save a document in s-note. I almost lost an hour of work because of it. Saving it as a new file works, but then when you go to edit the new file and save again the error appears again.

I'm going to try something and see if it fixes it. If it does I'll let you know. Otherwise I'll just load back to stock + root for now.

jowilk

Jan 15, 2007
Union City, CA
Hi thanks for this rom, i used method 1 to root and was having to reboot because the screen would be unresponsive after a wake up. i too was having problems with play store, youtube, etc. i installed gapps and now everything is fine if i used 2.4 wifi. if i use 5.0 , i would not be able to connect to play store etc.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM]HighOnAndroid "Flyin High" ROM! [App2SD][Custom Boot Animation][GT-N8013/WIFI]

A1XXe6aCQAARqEn.jpg:large

Hey guys,

Here's just a ROM I have been messing around with called HighOnAndroid "Flyin' High" ROM for Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi GT-N8013.

Since there's no ROM out now for Wifi versions, here's one you can try out.

It's pretty much based off stock ROM but I removed some bloatware (like Yahoo widgets) and put some features I wanted.

Features:
    - GT-N8013 UEALH2 Base (Latest)
    - Custom Boot Animation (put bootanimation.zip in /system/media directory with ES File Explorer (and enable Root Explorer/Mount in settings!)
    - App2SD (You can read about it here)
    - Jelly Bean Animations
    - Init.d support
    - Rooted/Superuser
    - Deodexed/Zipaligned
    - Only for those "Flyin' High"

Changelog:
    v0.1 Deodexed, zipaligned, init.d support, jelly bean animations, custom boot animations, app2sd.

I am really working on my free time (and trust me I've got a million things to do), this is just something I do for fun. But I will try my best to update it at least once a week.

I do welcome any suggestions for features. Please keep them not "too wild", remember I don't have much time to really do a full ROM development here (Yes, I actually have a life and have to take kids to school like everyone else!) but little hacks here and there I can do.

Download and Offical ROM page:

http://rootgalaxynote.com/highonandroid-flyin-high-rom-for-galaxy-note-10-1-wifi-gt-n8013/

Credits:

Thanks to Entropy512 for UEALH2 system!
    reserved

reserved
    Hi sry for the questions but i don't know what is the difference of N8010 and N8013

Those are your build number. You can fine it under Settings and About Device, last item. The USA wifi version is 8013.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
    Btw thanks for your time bro!

I am going to tried my best! >.<

IMG_20120828_184355.jpg

IMG_20120828_184416.jpg

IMG_20120828_184349.jpg

IMG_20120828_184338.jpg

Got the same thing, so i downloaded gapps from goo and everything than worked
    Also came from stock