Hey Galaxy S3 users!
I wanted to share a ROM I am starting to build, it’s in its infant stages(notice version 0.3) so this ROM isn’t for everyone.
I wanted to build a ROM for especially for noobs, for those of you who are just getting into the game. I do receive a ton of emails from noobs being totally disappointed after trying advanced ROMs like CM9/CM10. But those custom ROMs aren’t always meant for noobs and beginners who are just getting into Android rooting and ROMs so I wanted to build a ROM that gives you extra features without sacrificing stock ones so they can slowly transition to other great custom ROMs already here on XDA.
Anyways, if you have any suggestions and you are a total boob and want certain features added/removed, let me know and will work on the next versions.
Video overview of v0.3 here:
- Built off Stock ROM (USB Kies and everything else works from stock)
- Jelly Bean Boot Animations
- App2SD Hack (Allows you to use 32GB/64GB app storage!)
- Custom Bootanimation
- Google Now
- GREAT battery life, no weird heating issues.
- Init.d Support
- Hacked Native Wifi hotspot
- USB Kies support
- 4-way reboot
- Speed tweaks for WiFi
- Power saving features
- Graphic acceleration for your photos/videos
- More coming soon! (Let me know what you really want!)
- I left all bloatware on for now (slowly removing one by one, please tell me which one you think absolutely isn’t needed)
v0.3 Added Init.d support for kernel and App2SD Hack
v0.2 Added Custom Bootanimation support, Hacked native wifi tether/15 toggles blue menu (Thanks to electron73!), 4-in-1 reboot menu (Thanks to scrosler!), and init.d support with insecure kernel (thanks to scrosleragain!)
- Removed some bloatware: Kindle, MyVerizon, and Yahoo widgets. Will keep removing more slowly.
v0.1 Based off Stock VRALF2, Jelly Bean Animations, GoogleNow, speed tweaks for WiFi, power saving features, and graphic acceleration so your photos/videos should be higher quality.
How to Install
From v.0.2 and on, YOU MUST HAVE AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER! Unlocking bootloader is easy, please see video tutorial here if you don't know how.
To change boot animation, download your favorite boot animation at http://AndroidBootAnimation.com, then use ES File Explorer, enable Root Explorer and Mount in settings, and place bootanimation.zip in /system/media directory.
*Note – This ROM is for NOOBs and for those of you who want to stay stock but get better performance/features over stock ROM.
P.S. I support the noobs. We were all once noobs asking the dumbest questions in the world, no there’s no such thing as a dumb question, that’s how you get smarter. Without noobs, we wouldn’t have any experts.