• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] HighOnAndroid "TrainWreck" ROM v0.2 for Galaxy Note 10.1![GT-N8000][App2SD]

Search This thread

porthole

Jan 27, 2009
Looks great! Thank you. I am about to get my note on Monday.

A quick question, I hear people aren't liking the stock email app. Is there a possibility of seeing the gmail app instead or is the current email app too integrated?

Kikouyou

Sep 28, 2006
Yes but stock email app is working in multi screens. Not the others.

And after trying it, it not so bad at all!

Looks great! Thank you. I am about to get my note on Monday.

A quick question, I hear people aren't liking the stock email app. Is there a possibility of seeing the gmail app instead or is the current email app too integrated?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: porthole

ej_424

Apr 17, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Help please.. I have a US wifi only version. This rom is great but I can't setup my work email through exchange because it keeps trying to use the cell network over wifi when verifying credentials. Can someone Help me out? I would like to disable the annoying no GSM signal in the task bar as well if possible.

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

ej_424

Apr 17, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I guess I should uave read the title "GT-N8000". Rom works for the most part, ill patiently waitforsome N8013 roms to show up.

Great rom though.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

man2003

Jul 1, 2005
Just installed it on 3G version... So fat so excellent...

- "Video Hub" and "Music Hub" is not available in my country...
- "Samsung Apps" app keeps asking for endless update... Doesn't work...

Please advice....

Waiting for your next release...

Last edited:

flipper2006

Jan 22, 2009
Hollywood, FL
No problems with this Rom, but one minor issue is, I use the tablet now, then it's in standby till i use it again 12-15 hours later, but i always have to turn WIFI off then back on to get it going. It never just turns itself back on? Is this an android ics issue? Because this never happens on my nexus 7 roms.

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
No problems with this Rom, but one minor issue is, I use the tablet now, then it's in standby till i use it again 12-15 hours later, but i always have to turn WIFI off then back on to get it going. It never just turns itself back on? Is this an android ics issue? Because this never happens on my nexus 7 roms.

Sorry I set the wifi check to 180 seconds, that is why to save battery life, let me shorten it up on the next version!

NessLookAlike

Jan 4, 2012
Portland
Great work on the ROM, hope you get around to making an official version for the WiFi-only someday. :)

Can't get Google Now working for my Note 10.1 N8013, any particular tricks you used to get it working for the N8000? Flashed the M7 zip through CWM, launched Google search button with the upper-left button, and it doesn't seem to be the Siri-like experience I was expecting.. basically just the same as it was before flashing, no talking or cards or anything. Checked permissions and for presence of en-US folder, all looks good.

M7, M6, or R3? Any advice you can give?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rstgo

flipper2006

Jan 22, 2009
Hollywood, FL
Oh really? You risked flashing a rom built for another model on your 8013. Lucky you didn't hard brick.

Anyway have you noticed any performance improvements?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

It works perfectly, i thought i read in the rom or the website it was ok to flash this. Google now works, all the original apps etc work. great battery life. I loaded this 15 minutes after rooting which was 1 hour after i got it last saturday. Read the web site, it says they are all compatable 8000/8013 just this one also has the 3g stuff, but it just goes shows up with a NOT sign.

Reactions: Rstgo

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Thanks. Not looking forward to a full wiped to set it up though. Considering how fast this tablet is stock hard to imagine a rom making it that much faster.

I'm already getting 16 mbps down stock and video is super smooth.

One problem I have been having is with HD videos buffering quite a bit on YouTube. Any idea if that is any better?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] HighOnAndroid "TrainWreck" ROM v0.2 for Galaxy Note 10.1![GT-N8000][App2SD]

A1XXzLACYAAGOJk.jpg:large

Hey Galaxy Note 10.1 users!

I wanted to share my current ROM "in the works", it's not complete yet (and probably never will be) but this is a personal ROM I based off the stock ROM and adding new features as we go long.

I used to do a lot of ROM reviews, and this ROM is "noob-friendly" and designed for people who want to experience custom ROMs without losing stock features.

If you are a "purist" and want CM9/CM10, you are probably not going to like this ROM, just wait until another developer/Cyanogen/AOKP Team makes a ROM for you.

It's a custom ROM with focus on couple things:

1. Keeping TouchWiz, so you get all features of stock ROM like S-Pen.
    2. Adding new cool features one baby step at a time.
    3. Listening to users and improving upon every version update. I am trying to remove some of the bloatware (let me know which ones you absolutely think should be removed) and also add more features (let me know what features you absolutely think are necessary).

*WARNING - You assume ALL responsibility by flashing this ROM, I will not be responsible if anything happens to your Note 10.1!

Features:
    - Based off Stock European XXALG5.
    - Custom Bootanimation support (place bootanimation.zip in /system/media folder)
    - App2SD support (When you have a microSD inserted, it will swap your microSD and internal storage on boot. To disable, simply take out microSD card during boot and insert after booting.) If you are doing this the first time, you might want to contents of your internal storage to microSD card to keep app data. This allows you to use up to 64GB for app storage instead of 16/32GB it comes with.
    - Google Now
    - Speed tweaks for 3G/HSPA+/WiFi
    - Power saving features
    - Graphic acceleration for your photos/videos
    - Deodexed/Zipaligned
    - More coming soon!

ChangeLog:
    v0.2 Added App2SD support, Jelly Bean Animations.
    v0.1 Custom Bootanimations, GoogleNow, speed tweaks for 3G/HSPA+/WiFi, power saving features, and graphic acceleration so your photos/videos should be higher quality.

Installation Guide:
    - Easy install, just flash in ClockworkMod Recovery!
    - No factory reset/wipe needed if coming from a stock ROM. (You can always do that after installing ROM if you have problems.) Do a factory reset though if you are coming from CM9/CM10/AOKP!
    - No Cache/Dalvik Cache wipe needed, it's built into the ROM.
    - PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ROM BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM! It makes like much easier when you can do a one-click restore ROM in CWM Recovery. Backing up your ROM will backup all your settings and apps.

*Note - This ROM is for GT-N8000! Please do not flash on GT-N8013 the wifi version, I will make another version for it soon.

highonandroid-trainwreck-rom-galaxynote10.1-690x432.jpg

Downloads and ROM Details:
    http://rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-note-10-1-roms/highonandroid-trainwreck-rom-for-galaxy-note-10-1/

See a quick video overview:
    http://androidroot.org/watch_video.php?v=4NMORBXN9GGM

Credits:
    cajunflavoredbob for Google Now

Thanks to Donations: (You don't have to donate but thanks if you did! Makes me more motivated I guess,will try harder!)
    jamesheryanto
    School is in session!

I bought a GT-8013 today and decided to take a look around at what was out for the device. Not too much, but I happened to see you had a ROM for the 8000 and I wanted to take a peak at what you were doing. Since the mods list was pretty short, I assumed you pretty much just used the kitchen for pretty much everything...

You may wanna take a look at some of the tweaks that you're doing to the ROM. Some of them just aren't necessary and some just don't work. Seems you're just copying and pasting things into build.prop and not modding things properly...

#system tweaks
    #Forces your home launcher into memory
    ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

Doesn't work on ICS and, in fact, hasn't worked on anything past GB.

#Change the Dalvik VM heap size
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=100m

That value is already set in build.prop, better to not modify it after the fact and just modify it in place.

#To make the phone ring faster when dialing out
    ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=800

Phone? Yeah...

#Render UI with GPU
    debug.sf.hw=1

Hardware acceleration is already built into ICS and this shouldn't do anything that isn't already being done.

I feel that as a "dev" you should know things like this and should be a little more into your "development" instead of doing "one hit wonder" things for 3,000 devices with 3,000 different websites. Just my opinion :good:
    zedomax, any chance that you specify the hacks you did (to possibly implement them without replacing the whole rom)?

For Google Now, you can, flash this:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=29756226&postcount=2856

For custom bootanimation, rest u will have to flash ROM.
    reserved

reserved
    That's too bad

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda premium