[ROM][HLTE/CHN/KOR/TMO][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Jena
What I did was flashing it 2-3 consecutive times without letting it boot.
Between flashes, I removed the battery and disconnected everything, then entered download mode again and again.
I did it ONCE, but I did as written in procedure. And it always works. Just need to do as written. Follow exact steps.

cryostasis25

Apr 11, 2011
Any solution on wifi disconnecting when screen is off? Tried installing wifi keeper and best wifi keeper app but the wifi turns off when screen is off. Already checked wiwi advanced and battery no option to keep wifi on.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Jena
Any solution on wifi disconnecting when screen is off? Tried installing wifi keeper and best wifi keeper app but the wifi turns off when screen is off. Already checked wiwi advanced and battery no option to keep wifi on.
No such issue. Turn off battery saver or similar functions if present that turns off wifi access on locked phone.

mubeen ikram

Dec 15, 2015
i have to change the sound settings from the kernel because i don't know for some reason i happened to change the settings and then every kernel that i flash have the same settings and i have to change it using kernel auditor but by flashing this i cannot get the sound bar in kernel auditor can anybody help?

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

and if anybody doesn't get their phone signals please select settings>networks&internet>mobile network>advance>preffered network type and change it according to your sim settings

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Jena
i have to change the sound settings from the kernel because i don't know for some reason i happened to change the settings and then every kernel that i flash have the same settings and i have to change it using kernel auditor but by flashing this i cannot get the sound bar in kernel auditor can anybody help?
Different kernel different settings. Not all kernel are alike. Please check kernel adiutor thread and how kernels are getting customized by it. Try other kernels if you like.

Hafiz0091

Jul 9, 2017
Great work team Los.. thanks to dev for pie build..
Anw,im here just want to report ine issue..
Why at los 15.1 oreo,i can get sot up to 8 hours,but in los 16 i just get sot in 2-3 hours only..
Its so big draining battery ?
When in los 15.1,i use doze module from magisk its work fine and play service are optimized..
But,when in los 16 rom,i use the same module,and the play service are not optimized that eat my battery to much? please fix this team los..
Btw, thanks for this build..its are so smooth and fluid rom?

And one more issue..when after power on or restart my phone,why SElinux are not enforcing but permissive..

Sorry for my bad english?and i hope ur team will fix this as soon as possible ?

Scorpionea

Dec 13, 2013
You tell me
Great work team Los.. thanks to dev for pie build..
Why at los 15.1 oreo,i can get sot up to 8 hours,but in los 16 i just get sot in 2-3 hours only..
Its so big draining battery [emoji846]
When in los 15.1,i use doze module from magisk its work fine and play service are optimized..
But,when in los 16 rom,i use the same module,and the play service are not optimized that eat my battery to much[emoji846] please fix this team los..
Btw, thanks for this build..its are so smooth and fluid rom[emoji847]

And one more issue..when after power on or restart my phone,why SElinux are not enforcing but permissive..

Sorry for my bad english[emoji846]and i hope ur team will fix this as soon as possible [emoji847]
Be patient ,Los 16 is still pretty much in early development and many things still needed to be added and fixed as well as battery. I also have barely 3sot but don't complain (my battery is old ) :)

But in general one can have good battery life others worse ECT..all depends how much u use your phone what apps u have and most important life of the battery itself

Selinux has to be set on permissive or else many stuff would not work properly on rom, haggertk (main Dev) is actively working on this.

action_papst

Jan 9, 2010
/home
Sony Xperia XA2
Its so big draining battery ?
But,when in los 16 rom,i use the same module,and the play service are not optimized that eat my battery to much? please fix this team los..
Just let the new ROM settle for some days. I got 7h SOT on 16 without using doze module. Maybe that module is not ready for pie. Also: gapps sometimes can drain battery like crazy. Don't have any details as I don't use them, but read about it from time to time.

Reactions: wahaj sheikh

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Jena
Just let the new ROM settle for some days. I got 7h SOT on 16 without using doze module. Maybe that module is not ready for pie. Also: gapps sometimes can drain battery like crazy. Don't have any details as I don't use them, but read about it from time to time.
With universal gms doze module you can have gms doze on Pie.
Here is setup (from note3 telegram group):

Eleo?
1. Install magisk framework 17-3
2. Install universal gms doze magisk module
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D1IQj4Daaa8q1S0TJVSLaTxR50ZlkKF7/view?usp=sharing
3. Go to settings/security & privacy/advanced/device admins
4. Remove FindMyMobile device admin
5. Reboot
6. Done

Thanks to @stonedead for tip.

chris rock

Jun 27, 2017
Emsdetten
I had that feeling too.
And video volume gain seems to be to high.
Bass and wind let's the sound oversteer.
But I had these problems even in rrnougat.
Did never change, tryed la nougat and oreo.

Sent from my hlte using XDA Labs

Marvino.

Nov 7, 2014
Egypt
With universal gms doze module you can have gms doze on Pie.
Here is setup (from note3 telegram group):

Eleo?
1. Install magisk framework 17-3
2. Install universal gms doze magisk module
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D1IQj4Daaa8q1S0TJVSLaTxR50ZlkKF7/view?usp=sharing
3. Go to settings/security & privacy/advanced/device admins
4. Remove FindMyMobile device admin
5. Reboot
6. Done

Thanks to @stonedead for tip.
Link to the group?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using XDA Labs

wahaj sheikh

May 8, 2016
Lahore
hello this rom doesnt have have nfc, does it drain battery i'm getting very poor battery life using lolz kernel 6.2 i have bought a new battery yesterday

Last edited:

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Jena
hello this rom doesnt have have nfc, does it drain battery i'm getting very poor battery life using lolz kernel 6.2 i have bought a new battery yesterday
Well, "new batteries" sold outside samsung stores are fake. They just recharge old used batteries and sell them as new ones. Or just fake ones that are built elsewhere with labels of samsung. You need to check date on batteries:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-3/development/rom-magma-nx-rom-t3508672/post75406269
You will have better luck with batteries sold for Note3 by other brands than fake batteries sold under samsung label.

Did you try latest version from haggertk?
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=283600
It has working nfc.

wahaj sheikh

May 8, 2016
Lahore
Well, "new batteries" sold outside samsung stores are fake. They just recharge old used batteries and sell them as new ones. Or just fake ones that are built elsewhere with labels of samsung. You need to check date on batteries:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-3/development/rom-magma-nx-rom-t3508672/post75406269
You will have better luck with batteries sold for Note3 by other brands than fake batteries sold under samsung label.

Did you try latest version from haggertk?
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=283600
It has working nfc.
the battery is original it has 3 line but the date is from . 2016 :( i will heck the haggert build later can you recomend me any 5000mah batery from other brand

aneeshprasobhan

Jun 9, 2012
Trivandrum
n9005xxugbi1

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

I don't know if anybody is having this issue too, but I sometimes have lag in YouTube with 1080p60 option. Any ideas?

Gr8 ROM KEEP U THE GR8 WORK I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT A BUG THAT I NOTICED THE AUDIO IN THE YOUTUBE VIDEO APP ARE CHOPPY AND ITS DOSENT SOUND RIGHT

Disable Battery Optimisations for Youtube app. Thats solves the problem.

EDIT: Even after disabling battery optimisation, the issue was still there so I changed the kernel to Lolz and this fixed the stuttering issue for YouTube 1080p 60fps playback.
Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is... still valid?
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth/BT Calling
    • NFC (except TMO which have broken nfc blobs)
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Etc
    What's not working :
    • Miracast/WiFi direct ( google killed it on PIE )
    • Tell me

How to install?
    • Download The ROM & GApps
    • Wipe: System, Data, Dalvik, Cache
    • Flash ROM + GApps
    • Reboot & Enjoy

ROM Downloads:

My builds:

@haggertk Builds:

GApps Downloads:
    OpenGapps: Click Here!
    Note: Nano is recommended.

Credits :
    LineageOS team
    All Devs and Contributors

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    jprimero15
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-07-25
    Last Updated 2019-08-04
    of course.... He's the official maintainer of Note 3.....
    Pretty sure that haggertk guy doesn't know what he's doing. Just faking his way through everything.

More serious note, there's a change that my people claim might fix bt call audio. I'll be testing 15.1 tonight and will release a new 16.0 if that testing is positive. Maybe 15.1 and beyond might actually have a shot at shipping

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    LineageOS build 06/25

This is just a vanilla LOS build with some device specific changes.

Device Changes:
    - BT call fixed (the crashing also)
    - Snap: Captured Pics Saves on DCIM/Camera

Download links:
    HLTE - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=295998
    HLTECHN - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=295999
    HLTEKOR - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=296000
    HLTETMO - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=296001

EDIT:
    - OP Updated.
    No not yet

Just be patient :)

Haggertk is main dev primarily for s5 device , s5 also don't have SIM card working yet on pie. So as soon it get fixed there it will be fixed on note 3 as hardware wise s5/note 3 have basically same hardware.

haggertk is one of only two active developers for both klte and hlte. Both developers work on both devices. Especially considering that the two share libril (in msm8974-common), when it is fixed it will be simultaneously fixed for both.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone