• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][HLTE\TMO\CHN][OFFICIAL]*** Resurrection Remix N 5.8.5 ***[13.03.2018]

Would you rather flash RR rootless or with Magisk integrated?

• Rootless (I want to choose!)

Votes: 199 37.6%
  • Magisk integrated (I use it anyways!)

Votes: 330 62.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

groumfi

Sep 29, 2013
At @groumfi and @lambgx02's suggestion, I disabled MPDecision via Kernel Adiutor to see if that'd fix the rotation issue, and I'm pleased to say that so far, several days later, I haven't seen the rotation issue come up again! That's... weird. Some sort of threading issue in whatever handles the accelerometers/gyros, perhaps?

I've MPDecision disabled since 4 weeks now without any rotation issue until ... yesterday. Fixed with a reboot.
So, having MPDecision enabled it is not the root cause but disabling it looks like to be a valid workaround.

lambgx02

Jul 26, 2008
Montreal
I've MPDecision disabled since 4 weeks now without any rotation issue until ... yesterday. Fixed with a reboot.
So, having MPDecision enabled it is not the root cause but disabling it looks like to be a valid workaround.

Same here. It did come back once a few weeks ago, but I wonder if somehow mpdecision ended up re-enabled. Quite a relief.

dvdavid888

Dec 15, 2013
LG G6
Moto G8
Installed this ROM some days ago clean install with nordic bootloader and modem magisk 16 (new root with latest TWRP).
Short batterytime, I try my extra battery today, now it look like I have very mutch loonger batterytime.
Extra battery bought orginal with Note 3 SM-N9005 4 year ago, and I got a chargerbox with it.
Battery charge a lot longer there, when charge in Note 3 with this ROM it charge very fast ? (same powerunit)
When all stock some days ago, charging take mutch longer time in Note 3, and battery last longer.
Better to charge battery in chargerbox, If I charge battery in Note 3 it don't last long.
(photos from camera make the red led look white, but it is red, and green when 100%)

Just wanted to put my input on this topic I do notice when I charge at a lower mA my battery does last longer which I believe is normal

KjellO

Apr 2, 2014
Just wanted to put my input on this topic I do notice when I charge at a lower mA my battery does last longer which I believe is normal
Are there any way to make this ROM charge at a lower mA ?
My Note 3 before this ROM with sammobile stock firmware was charging battery better, not quick, same slow as only orginal battery charger box now, around 2-5 hours.
Battery last a lot longer then, I believe it was a option with stock, enable quick charge, or not, I never enable quick charge, I know that's no good for the battery.

No problem swaping battery, Note 3 are made for that.
( I see benefits with Nougat)

Last edited:

ShyamKumara

Jul 13, 2015
Colombo
Hey! First of all thanks a lot for this awesome ROM
I just flashed the rom and everything works butter smooth except for a small issue. When I try to install Instagram through PlayStore, it says that my device isn't compatible with this version
Can somebody help me to install Insta please?

Device : Note3 N9005 HLTE
Gapps - ARM 7.1 Nano

freakerload

Mar 17, 2011
I just flashed the rom and everything works butter smooth except for a small issue. When I try to install Instagram through PlayStore, it says that my device isn't compatible with this version

Gapps - ARM 7.1 Nano
Search in Google : Download Instagram apk 49.0.0.15.89 and load it from there

Reactions: ShyamKumara

Marvino.

Nov 7, 2014
Egypt
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Gapps - ARM 7.1 Nano
I had the same problem after fresh flashing of this rom and pico package.
Safest solution is by installing the app on your device remotely from the play store website. After that, this glitch will disappear.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using XDA Labs

wohaerer3

Dec 18, 2016
QI Charge Back Cover

Are there any way to make this ROM charge at a lower mA ?
My Note 3 before this ROM with sammobile stock firmware was charging battery better, not quick, same slow as only orginal battery charger box now, around 2-5 hours.
Battery last a lot longer then, I believe it was a option with stock, enable quick charge, or not, I never enable quick charge, I know that's no good for the battery.

No problem swaping battery, Note 3 are made for that.
( I see benefits with Nougat)

If you want to charge slow: The original Samsung QI-Charge Backcover is on sale everywhere. Got one for 10 Euros.

KjellO

Apr 2, 2014
If you want to charge slow: The original Samsung QI-Charge Backcover is on sale everywhere. Got one for 10 Euros.
I don't need to buy anything, I have Samsung orginal Note 3 battery charger box, I switch battery, and charge battery in that box outside Note 3, that charger charge very well and slow as normal (with same orginal usb3 chargercable and powerunit). Picture in my first post.

The reason I ask is; it's strange, this ROM only support quickcharging.

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Jena
I don't need to buy anything, I have Samsung orginal Note 3 battery charger box, I switch battery, and charge battery in that box outside Note 3, that charger charge very well and slow as normal (with same orginal usb3 chargercable and powerunit). Picture in my first post.

The reason I ask is; it's strange, this ROM only support quickcharging.
You could have checked previous posts (search thread!) and adjust the charging current as you desire:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...-remix-n-v5-8-3-vanilla-t3615227/post75920696
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...-remix-n-v5-8-3-vanilla-t3615227/post75929188

KjellO

Apr 2, 2014
My edit post have mess up everything, don't know what's happening

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Too complicated, I'm using my chargerbox, Note 3 are made for swapping batterys.

Reactions: snapdrag0n01

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Jena
Too complicated, I'm using my chargerbox, Note 3 are made for swapping batterys.
I know. I use it too:D:D

Was just showing that it is possible to charge with slower current if you like

Attachments

• 20180615_193647.jpg
    20180615_193647.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 410
Reactions: KjellO

spambayes

Oct 13, 2009
IR Blaster not working properly

Hi,

I'm having problems with IR Blaster on this ROM (13.03.18). The IR Blaster sends out signals, but the signals are faulty. Eg., the volume Up function will also turn off the TV if held down for more than 1 sec. The signals are all mixed up and confused. I have checked with different IR apps and gotten the same results. I have also wiped and re-flashed with the same results. This happens with stock or 3rd party kernels like Xenial and Synergy.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

SM-N9005
Magisk 16.0

KjellO

Apr 2, 2014
After updated GApps nano today with wipe dalvik cache, all ok.
When started up; Announced Lookout security & antivirus, that I have a possible threat detected 3 weeks ago ? I chose; ignore the threat !
No problem

Attachments

• threat.png
    threat.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:

larsonmichaels

Jun 6, 2013
Hi, does anyone know how to kill the screen off during call function?
It is not useful for me; it switches the screen off right after call initiated; if I need to use the numeric keyboard .. its not possible!!
Otherwise -> best ROM at the moment for my note 3!!! I have NO ISSUES really ..

Can anyone please tell me how to turn this screen off function off?
(I have searched with "screen off, screen lock, lock screen .. nothing useful found)

Thank you!!

Josvaz

Feb 17, 2012
Hi guys I tried the pointer location somehow there is a line drawn over which I can't use fingers to touch only s pen. Any fix on this ?

Attachments

• 20180618_002800.jpg
    20180618_002800.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 360

Sumonracecourse1

Feb 25, 2016
London
Hi,

I'm having problems with IR Blaster on this ROM (13.03.18). The IR Blaster sends out signals, but the signals are faulty. Eg., the volume Up function will also turn off the TV if held down for more than 1 sec. The signals are all mixed up and confused. I have checked with different IR apps and gotten the same results. I have also wiped and re-flashed with the same results. This happens with stock or 3rd party kernels like Xenial and Synergy.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

SM-N9005
Magisk 16.0

I had the similar problem when I was using RRN. I was using Anymote Paid. When I switched to Sure Universal Smart TV Remote Control Paid , my IR problem was gone. Give it a try. If you already tried it then sorry .

Kind Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OFFICIAL
    Resurrection Remix N - Galaxy Note 3
    HLTE\TMO\CHN
    7.1.2r36​

4gp611E.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    Resurrection Remix Home

Resurrection Remix G+

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I'm building Resurrection Remix for myself now and thought I'd share it for those flashaholics that just need that 'one more' ROM :p
    Now that I've been building this for a little while, I'm in the process of trying to get approved as the new official maintainer for this device. I'm now tha guy. ;):eek:

This is intended to be a vanilla build without any changes from the default though I do have intentions of making my own minor tweaks down the track.
    I hope to provide fairly regular updates to builds with the latest repos.

ROM includes Magisk Manager & root so if you want to flash an alternative, you'll need to flash the magisk remove tools beforehand.
    OTA has also been implemented but the first Official build will need to be flashed to be able to be notified of future OTA updates.

As usual, any bad flashes are not my responsibility if anything goes wrong with your device.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Install instructions coming from a different ROM (ie. TouchWiz\LineageOS\MIUI etc...):
    1. Download ROM, GApps & favoured root method (Magisk / SuperSU)
    2. Do full backup in recovery and Internal\SD Card data (at your own risk if you don't)
    3. Full Wipe (Caches (Dalvik & Cache), System, Data(Wiping DATA will clear your Apps & App Data - BEWARE!))
    4. Install ROM followed by GAPPS & ROOT method.
    5. REBOOT!!

Install instructions for updating from an earlier version of this ROM:
    1. Download ROM & GApps(if flashing newer gapps).
    2. Do full backup in recovery (at your own risk if you don't)
    3. Dirty Wipe (Caches (Dalvik & Cache), System)
    4. Install ROM followed by GAPPS. (Root should be retained but reflash root zip if necessary)
    5. REBOOT!!

Links:
    UPDATE: I've made the ROM rootless despite the poll numbers. Found that users were experiencing issues. It should be easier if people flash Magisk/SuperSU separately.
    AFH - HLTE - 13/03/2018
    AFH - HLTETMO (SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8) - 13/03/2018
    AFH - HLTECHN (SM-N9008V etc...) - 13/03/2018
    (I only have the HLTE variant so I cannot test HLTETMO or HLTECHN builds. Any attempted fixes will also only be purely speculative until confirmed by users)
    (Also, Sprint users should be able to flash the HLTE build going by some reports from users)
    Sprint support has officially been removed from the device trees (Sorry!)
    GAPPS
    Magisk / SuperSU
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Known device specific issues:

* Night Light feature not working due to supporting Live Display
    * Camera Panorama mode crash when processing image
    - should be fixed in build 17-09-2017

Confirmed working on my n9005:
    *WiFi (possibly not the wifi disconnect when asleep issue)
    *GPS (works personally, others reporting different)
    *Ext sd card
    *Rotation (not sure of weird glitch with some apps - I haven't experienced this for a fair while)
    *Auto brightness/brightness adjust
    *Bluetooth
    *Infrared
    *Camera switch rear to front - no delay

UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS:
    If you experience your SIM not being detected from build 9/7 & onwards it will be because of changes to the HLTE repo device trees in Github and you WILL need to update your Bootloader/Modem to correct it.

Follow @StockholmSyndrome's instructions below. Thanks @StockholmSyndrome :eek:

Updated: Specifically for N9005\HLTE models, use the Nordic baseband uploaded by @svbarbosa
    to get a very good GPS lock speed instead of the one linked in the below instructions.

His thread is HERE if you would like to also read about other ways to improve your experience or:
    Click the link to go directly to the Nordic Bootloader\Baseband AFH download.

Once again, I updated and clarified the instructions.
    Thing is, only with baseband update the SIM card will work.

Here are my instructions, feel free to copy&paste them as you like:
    1.) Download the latest baseband that matches your phone (duh):
    for N9005: vidwhal: Recommended links are in the above text for n9005\hlte
    for N900W8: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298969743
    for N900T: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298969970
    2.) Download a copy of Odin (3.12.x): http://dl.sammobile.com/Odin3-v3.12.7.zip
    3.) Power down your phone completely, take out the battery for a few seconds
    4.) Go into download mode by pressing Volume-Down + Home + Power simultaneously for several seconds
    5.) Connect phone via USB cable until Odin says "Added"
    6.) Click on "Options" and uncheck "Auto-Reboot", then load your Baseband file (_Baseband_Firmware.tar .md5) into the "AP" slot
    7.) "Start"
    8.) Wait for success and green light
    9.) Unplug USB cable, reboot phone by holding down Power button

You are now clear to install the latest official LineageOS\RR for your Note 3!

Changelog for current build:
    Code:
     ▼ Resurrection Remix Nougat Ver 5.8.5 Changelog

▼ 03/07/2018

▪ project hardware/samsung/
     ▪ b057e8b audio: Update mixer knobs after re-applying output route

▼ 03/05/2018

▪ project hardware/samsung/
     ▪ 276108c audio: Guard mixer path dependency fix

▪ project packages/apps/ResurrectionOTA/
     ▪ 6d414a0 Merge pull request #21 from anoop44/nougat

Source code:
    Resurrection Remix Github
    HLTE LineageOS Device Tree
    HLTETMO LineageOS Device Tree
    HLTECHN LineageOS Device Tree
    HLTE LineageOS Kernel
    HLTE Common LineageOS

Credits go to @trader418, @Lord Eko for providing some inspiration to delve into the world of building :good:
    @svbarbosa for working hard to find the optimal setup for GPS etc... :good:
    Last but definitely not least:
    *Do not report issues if you are using mods or alternate kernels!
    *Please supply logcats with issues being reported!
    How to logcat tutorial
    79UW6T5.jpg
    Sweet. Thanks for the update ??
    I'll try and build it. As soon as I get one successfully compiling I'll apply to be the maintainer ?
    HOHOHO!! Merry Christmas! :)

New 23/12 builds (24/12 for TMO - no difference)
    AFH - HLTE - 23/12/2017
    AFH - HLTETMO (SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8) - 24/12/2017
    AFH - HLTECHN (SM-N9008V etc...) - 23/12/2017

Changes:
    Includes December security updates
    Bumped to 7.1.2 r36
    Other assorted device tree changes.

Enjoy :)
    New builds 15-10-2017
    AFH - HLTE - 15/10/2017
    AFH - HLTETMO (SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8) - 15/10/2017
    AFH - HLTECHN (SM-N9008V etc...) - 15/10/2017

Contains commit to fix issues with APK package installer & Oct. security updates.

Enjoy!