[ROM] Homebrew The New Batch [Sprint 2.89.651.2 (deodexed)] Team 420(10/20/12)

Search This thread

hockeyfreak

Mar 12, 2011
Hey everyone, I'm currently on drops ZR3DX 2.1, and love this Rom. It's the only one I've kept for over a month. I'm thinking of trying this one, and was wondering if I should do I few things first. I'm in hboot 1.40.1100, revolutionary s-off, and flash with 4ext, and my wife is on hboot 1.50 with s-on. Should either need upgraded? I've read posts that there is a new hboot, and you can gain s-off, but haven't done much research in it yet cause I've been so happy with the way this Rom works. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, couple quirks I was wondering about. This Rom seems to have problems handling app associations, like clicking a map link would bring up box asking if I wanted to open in browser or maps in older roms, but this one just opens in browser, no option. I've tried adjusting app association options, but nothing changes it. There are other associations also, but that's the most annoying. This Rom act the same?

Second, does this ICS Rom still have the phone number and address auto link feature still disabled? That's why I never tried 4.3, that is huge for me. That's because an Apple lawsuit, isn't it?

Thanks! Excellent work guys! Been lurking a while just reading, and appreciate all the advice you give.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
If I were you, I'd get s-off on you wife's phone. Then I would install this Rom. You don't need the updated firmware, but I would install it using the one from freeza since it leaves your older hboot in place (the old one is more compatible).

The maps issue and the phone issue are the same and ate due to the Apple lawsuit. Not sure of the fix- some ROMs do, some don't.

Save the Drama for your Mama with Tapatalk 2

Reactions: hockeyfreak

hockeyfreak

Mar 12, 2011
If I were you, I'd get s-off on you wife's phone. Then I would install this Rom. You don't need the updated firmware, but I would install it using the one from freeza since it leaves your older hboot in place (the old one is more compatible).

The maps issue and the phone issue are the same and ate due to the Apple lawsuit. Not sure of the fix- some ROMs do, some don't.

Makes sense is the same issue. ZR3DX does phone numbers from the browser though, which threw me off. Won't open maps in maps though, which is maddening. Strange... Damn Apple all to hell.... So is this Rom limited also, or works for both?

So update my wife's hboot (if she lets me touch her phone) with the newest? I won't have to do the wire trick to gain s-off will I? Probably easy, just makes me nervous. I'll research the frezza firmware, and do that for both phones, right?

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Makes sense is the same issue. ZR3DX does phone numbers from the browser though, which threw me off. Won't open maps in maps though, which is maddening. Strange... Damn Apple all to hell.... So is this Rom limited also, or works for both?

So update my wife's hboot (if she lets me touch her phone) with the newest? I won't have to do the wire trick to gain s-off will I? Probably easy, just makes me nervous. I'll research the frezza firmware, and do that for both phones, right?

Don't update her hboot (or yours) as the older hboots are better at this time. Do the wire trick first to get her 1.5 s-off. Then install this Rom on both. If you want, you can then update the firmware using this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1673377 since you are both s-off. It will update radios, fw, etc, but leave the hboot alone.

Reactions: hockeyfreak

hockeyfreak

Mar 12, 2011
This rom is using the virgin mobile leak kernel, so all hboots and firmware should boot. With the s-on devices, if it doesnt boot, you need to go through adb and fastboot boot recovery.img, then flash, however I will say, smartflash on 4ext worked fine for me

[TEAM IMAGIKA]

Thanks both of you. Does the auto links with on this Rom?

powduh09

Feb 17, 2011
Dallas, NC
Yes I am....I didn't flash the 1st one been waiting for this one :beer:

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

You should definitely give 1.2 a try then... Runs great thus far... And two reports of freeze on first boot being fixed... After this release, this Rom is really going to forego some changes... Just wanted stability first...

powduh09

Feb 17, 2011
Dallas, NC
Asking for eta?... Been cleaning up a little bit, and squashing some last minute bugs... Should see V1.2 in the next day or so.... But, I'm not promising anything, because if my testers find more bugs, she goes back in the oven... Just like to keep the Rom as functional as possible... But you guys should love the changes...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

team420-bandofmisfits_zpsceb96755.png

Team 420 Members
    mayfield103
    bebida
    nuvens
    notsointeresting
    trollallot
    knightwolf123
    dropzeroc
    lex_is300
    powduh09
    coal686
    lrod
    vysse
    behold_this
    smokem_l
    fmedrano1977
    bbaker131
    miggsr
    jonah1234
    ivicask
    fisha21
    dased14
    absolutzero1906

Proudly Presents:​
    Homebrew

Before I begin, This is my first rom for the 3d, so be kind.
    This rom is also built from the ICS OTA on my own device, with a little added flavor.​
    Thanks/Credits
    Dsixda - For his Kitchen and for making it easier for people like me to learn android development
    Unknownforce - For keeping my phone from being an overpriced paperweight (more times than I can count)
    Dropzeroc - For giving me a chance to show what I can do, and for general support, as well as letting me kang whatever I can get working from ZR3DX rom.
    Ognimnella - For giving me someone to bounce ideas off of during the 36 straight hours it took me to get this thing up and going.
    beneath-a-burning-turtle - For testing, general help, and sticking it out through the bug fixes
    If I've forgotten you, please send me a pm, and I'll add your name to the list ASAP.

This Is Only The Beginning!!!

Original Goods:
    Sprint 2.89.651.2 base
    rooted with SuperSU app
    Deodexed System (App & Framework)
    Boot.IMG from the Virgin Mobile ICS rom (So it should boot on older firmwares)
    init.d support and scripts from ZR3DX (thanks Dropzeroc)
    bash shell support
    busybox runparts support
    added /data/app support
    build.prop tweaks (thanks Dropzeroc)
    moved boot and down animations to /data/local
    turned bootanimation audio on
    Many more I'm forgetting.....

What's Working
    Everything​

Known Bugs​
    NONE (you tell me)

Disclaimer: TEAM420 is not responsible for anything YOU do to YOUR phone. With that being said.....

ON WITH THE SHOW

Important!!!
    Instructions for flashing Homebrew:
    1: Download rom
    2: Reboot into recovery (4ext recommended)
    3: Make a nandroid of your current rom (just in case)
    4: Wipe all partitions (except SDcard)
    5: Flash Imagik Homebrew
    6: Reboot!!!!
    NOTE:(Failure to read this section will result in a freeze on first boot requiring a battery pull)
    First boot will take approx. 5 minutes. After that, give your device an additional five minutes to settle before going through setup. Once setup is completed wait for the homescreen to load, then reboot your device.

Download: Here

Screenshots in post #2​
    Changelog in post #3

Also check out our other TEAM420 threads:
    EVO 3D - ICS Sense 4 & 3.6 | FroZenROM
    One S - ICS Sense 4 | JB Sense 4+
    EVO 4G LTE - ICS Sense 4 | JB Sense 4+
    One X - JB Sense 4+
    Droid DNA - JB Sense 4+
    Screenshots:

b8275143-45d7-6cd9.jpg

b8275143-45ee-40df.jpg

b8275143-4609-a356.jpg

b8275143-461d-f33d.jpg

b8275143-462f-eca1.jpg
    Changelog

V1
    Debut

V1.1
    Unreleased to public. Had so many changes in mind, I didn't upload this one :)

V1.2
    Full ext4 file system - Thanks Coolexe
    Added Beats. - Coolexe
    Added Cam Mod - Coolexe
    Added Tweaks - Coolexe
    Added Missing HTC apps and widgets
    Added HTC Quciklaunch Widget
    Inegrated Google Now
    Added Jellybean Animations
    Added Titanium Backup (free version only)
    Cleaned Up installer made it more informative
    Probably More I'm Forgetting right now...

V2.0
    Fixed lag in system apps (MMS, phone, and others) - Thanks Drop
    All apps up to date as of 9/2/2012
    Moved some system apps to Data, to make removal easier
    Added 4g toggle to quick settings - Thanks Drop
    Removed original system sounds, and added Jellybean sounds. Took a while to find the proper place to set defaults
    Updated SuperSU and SU binary
    Removed more logging
    Added hosts file (up to date as of 9/1/2012)
    More I'm probably forgetting right now...

New Batch
    Added several new skins from knightwolf123, lex_is300, & dropzeroc
    Added default blue skin
    Fixed UI sounds
    Updated apps
    Updated hosts
    Added JB wallpapaers
    Added custom wallpapers
    Fixed system lag - Thanks beneath_a_burning_turtle
    New boot animation - Thanks binux-project
    Added system wide beats mod from here
    Fixed srs sound in eq - Thanks Negamann303
    Removed HTCBeatsNotify.apk from /system/app
    Added Beats Audio Installer from the market- Thanks Negamann303 for the custom install process Do not install beats through the app its only there for the notification
    WiFi/3G/WiMax tweaks
    Init.d tweaked and changed - Thanks dropzeroc for the scripts
    Gpu tweaks - Thanks NineInchNails
    Builb.prop tweaks
    More I'm probably forgetting...
    Sorry I've been inactive guys. I've had a lot going on, with holidays right around the corner. I have however been working on another huge update... I've found with this Rom that there are still a lot of aspects of development that I do not fully understand, but with the help of fellow teammates, and others throughout the community, I've been taking in all the knowledge I can. That being said, yes, there is more in the works... Thanks for your support, and to those who have been running homebrew roms... It's because of you, that I've been learning to be the best dev I can...

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    45834bdd-98b8-9150.jpg

Another upcoming IMAGIKA rom.

A revival of an evo 4G legend. Returning to OG AND 3D!

*•*•IMAGIKA•*•*