[ROM] [HP iPAQ 600c] [WWE] WM6.1 ROMs from Yevg001 and PDAclan.com

Search This thread

Oscarrr

Feb 7, 2007
Start Activesync.
Start bottom right menu.
Start configure server.
Type anything you want. One letter is enough.
Next.
Type 1.1.1.1
Next.
Type user name, password, domain you want. One letter is enough.
Next.
Choose data you want to synchronize.
Bottom left finish.
Now you can start in the activesync menu the scheduling option that was grey before.
Choose manually/manually.
You are ready.

Nov 9, 2008
It helps with prevent auto start of ActiveSync, but then I can't use ActiveSync for connection to Internet. After I delete this server connection settings, my Internet connection from iPAQ via ActiveSync start work and autostart of ActiveSync returns back...
I don't see difference of battery life if activesync is running or not. May be difference is too small.

Last edited:

axlastro

Jan 6, 2008
Which one - yevg or chinese rom

Which one of the rom's do you prefer - the chinese or the russian. I'm currently using the russian rom v1.6 with manila. I had the previous v1.5 but there isn't much difference between them. Has anyone used both russian and chinese roms and how do you compare them. I'm very satisfied with the russian rom but some programs using netcf 2.0 don't work.

hipppo

Dec 7, 2008
Cannes
Some 614c ROM answers

Hello everyone.

It's my first post.

Here are some answers to people's thoughts on this thread:

1) Yes, you can flash to yevg001 ROMs and then back to the hp ROM from the hp website as often as you like. Flashing from an SD card (not SDHC) has worked reliably several times on my three 614c phones, and flashing using the hp software also works fine (it's much slower because it loads the ROM down a USB cable).

2) The big difference between the yevg001 ROM and the hp ROM is that the hp ROM contains an update to the device firmware, to v0.88 (the latest version). This is of interest if you still have firmware v0.77 (the previous and originally released version). The yevg001 ROMs do not affect your firmware version.

3) If you apply the hp ROM, you cannot get back to v0.77 firmware - I don't think the hp installer will downgrade you, even if you have an old hp ROM image.

4) Why might you want to downgrade to v0.77 device firmware? Because v0.88, while better in numerous ways, has one critical defect: it does not properly support call waiting. When a second call is received (and you hear the beeps in your ear), the active call is affected in that the person you are talking to cannot hear you - and usually hangs up because he/she things you have lost the line. It's very annoying. Other than this, the firmware is better and more stable, due to various minor bug fixes. Fewer missed calls, fewer crashes.

5) Ok, putting aside device firmware and thinking of software... the latest yevg001 ROM is based on hp software image 1.01.04, the latest image at time of writing. yevg001 has also added a few little software applets into the image, but you don't need to use any of these. Obviously, you cannot uninstall them as they are in the ROM, but they also therefore don't take up any usable space.

6) The touchFLO interface is optional. You can easily deactivate it. It looks quite pretty but I have to say I don't like it, so I've deactivated it just by unchecking it in Today settings.

7) The yevg001 WM 6.1 build (I'm using his v1.6) is very good. I have only noticed one major problem with it. The phone is faster than ever before (and I've tried a lot of ROMs). It is quite stable - a couple of crashes but not noticeably more than the hp ROM. It is entirely in English (with the exception that Yevgeny has added in Russian T9 support - not much use without Russian character set). English T9 works as normal.

8) I have also noticed improved battery life. With the latest hp 1.01.04 WM6.0 ROM, I usually get through four fully charged batteries in 24 hours. With the yevg001 v1.6 WM 6.1 ROM, I only get through three. Yes, I'm quite a heavy user but this is a good improvement.

9) The major problem I mentioned in point 7, which won't affect everyone, is that yevg001's ROM does not allow concurrent voice and data usage on a 3G or HSDPA network. How bad is that? Not all 3G phones support this and it is one of the best features of the 614c... My guess is that yevg001 does not even realise this because there is no (or nearly no) 3G in Russia - at least there wasn't last time I was in Moscow in April/May. Basically, if you have any data connection active at the time you place or receive a call, the phone just abruptly drops the data connection. It re-establishes it fine after your call, but no concurrent usage. **If any Russian forum user is reading this, please could you post to yevg001 and ask him if he can address this?**

10) Other experiences based on my regular usage:
a) Bluetooth works fine, neither better nor worse than the standard HP build. I use several BT headsets for calls and also listen to music using A2DP. The A2DP connection seems more stable under WM6.1. In general on the 614c the BT sound level is too low, it does seems a bit lower still with the yevg001 ROM but it was a problem already.
b) Wi-fi works fine, no problems at all with b or g networks.
c) The browser seems to have been slightly improved under WM6.1.
d) The threaded SMS is fantastic! And better than the iphone too because it allows you to delete and to forward individual messages within the thread.
e) I use tomtom navigator 6.3 (western europe) a lot. It works well.
f) Getting a GPS fix can take more than five minutes from cold. If you've used it before on the same day, it's usually less than a minute. I have always found that the 614c is slower to get a fix than the old 6915 which I believe many 614c users upgraded from.
g) Google Maps also works really well, with GPS, and using HSDPA the 614c is fast enough to keep up with your position on a zoomed-in satellite photo while travelling in a car at 30mph (no I wasn't driving!).
h) The media player is ok, I do wish it would read the album artwork out of the mp3 metadata, but that's a slightly off topic observation.
i) The camera is shockingly slow. I use it rarely. The autofocus works quite well.
j) I've had no problems with lots of 8GB SDHC cards.
k) Battery life battery life battery life. The Achilles heel of the 614c. See point 8 above.
m) Activesync seems to work more quickly and more reliably under the WM6.1 ROM than previously.
n) Voice Commander is rubbish.

Hope all this is interesting! Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

hipppo

Last edited:

glpro

May 27, 2005
Grga001: New ROM from Yevg001 v 1.6 is with Touch FLO. I prefer v1.5, it is similar like original ROM. If you want, try it and inform as...

How download the version 1.6? I don't understand russian... rapidshare link..please..

This "Worldwide English ROM Upgrade including Real Time Streaming Player" is a original Rom Wm 6.0 for 612-612c.. It's the same my 614c? It have italia lang?

Thank.. Luca from Itay

Last edited:

thebranded

Jan 17, 2007
Sydney
Hello everyone.

It's my first post.

Here are some answers to people's thoughts on this thread:

.....SNIP.....

Hope all this is interesting! Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

hipppo

Awesome post hipppo, answered all my questions will try my first flash!

Can you confirm where you got v1.6? is it the link Grga001 posted? my russians not that good :D

[edit]Just did the flash worked great, scared me a bit when the touch screen calibration setup restarted but wm6.1 is much faster than HP's (though i do not have all the apps installed). Using 1.5 for now till i find 1.6

Last edited:

analyzer.x

Jul 19, 2008
Hi,

I've finally learnt how to cook my own rom, its been a while but I got it.

I am am now just wondering what are the files from the PDAclan Rom that are responsible for displaying the battery in percentage so I can copy them across to the Russian Rom, can someone help please?

Thanks

MoEsTy

May 14, 2008
Kortrijk
Hmm

my second pda...hp ipaq 614c!

I have it for one day and my wifi doesn't work! Like i read in many post i can turn it on but after 5 sec. ore something it's gone. Only bleutooth and phone left.

It's WM 6 (dutch) 5.2.1620 (build 18125.0.4.2)
I see in the firts thread 3 cab files of the latest version.

If i follow instructions of thread 2, should i do fine? Will i have 6.1 with less bugs then this one? :p

1) Unrar the file flash.dio using pw "PDAclan.com" (note that the "PDA" part is capitalized)

are the 3 cab's the unrared stuff of the 29th release?

ore after reading a bit more of the post :$

should i install this one

"evg001 has his iPAQ back from service and prepared new ROM:
OS 5.2.20757 (Build 20757.1.4.0) Ver 1.5
http://rapidshare.com/files/16373099...wm61_20757.rar

Password: israpda.com "

Last edited:

dirlan2001

Dec 22, 2007
Hamme
Hmm

my second pda...hp ipaq 614c!

I have it for one day and my wifi doesn't work! Like i read in many post i can turn it on but after 5 sec. ore something it's gone. Only bleutooth and phone left.

It's WM 6 (dutch) 5.2.1620 (build 18125.0.4.2)
I see in the firts thread 3 cab files of the latest version.

If i follow instructions of thread 2, should i do fine? Will i have 6.1 with less bugs then this one? :p

1) Unrar the file flash.dio using pw "PDAclan.com" (note that the "PDA" part is capitalized)

are the 3 cab's the unrared stuff of the 29th release?

ore after reading a bit more of the post :$

should i install this one

"evg001 has his iPAQ back from service and prepared new ROM:
OS 5.2.20757 (Build 20757.1.4.0) Ver 1.5
http://rapidshare.com/files/16373099...wm61_20757.rar

Password: israpda.com "

Hi,
the blt 20757.1.4.0 (ver 1.5) is a good one. Using it myself without any problem :D

Cheers,
Dirk

karn2545

Jan 21, 2009
I found some problem about Bluetooth is not auto repaire with some device.

Any body Who have Bluetooth Stack ?

I try to use Windcomm1.6 , Is can't work with HP612c

Nov 9, 2008
6.1 is faster, but very similar to 6.0. For ROM 1.5 I recommend to change (increase) pagepool size to prevent delays during receiving incomming call. I have this version and I don't have problem.
Version 1.4 REV2 is newer ROM based on older windows build, and was said more stable , but 1.5 is stable too and more fingers friendly...

Last edited:

barryheng

Jan 19, 2009
Hi Miroslav,

Can you help to share out the ROM1.5? I always got problem with Rapidshare.

Another thing how to change the pagepool size? Under which setting?

Thanks

6.1 is faster, but very similar to 6.0. For ROM 1.5 I recommend to change (increase) pagepool size to prevent delays during receiving incomming call. I have this version and I don't have problem.
Version 1.4 REV2 is newer ROM based on older windows build, and was said more stable , but 1.5 is stable too and more fingers friendly...

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone