[ROM] [HP iPAQ hx2000] [WM6.5] For reference only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

blatadude

Jan 11, 2011
Just got back to my ipaq after using an Android for long time (still do so don't judge :p) and I always get the error that says unrecognized card in socket 2. Any help?

~sent from that thing over there

the_MacAce

Jun 8, 2011
Austria
Absolutely not working, everytime when I bring the hx2410 in Pre-BL Mode it won't be recognized from the computer (USB device not recognized) and so its not possible to upgrade it.
I deleted the ipaq from the device manager and let it be installed again after an hard reset and then switched in the Pre-BL Mode and again the ipaq was not recognized...
Any idea what I can do??? :(

Atlus

Jan 8, 2008
Grecia
Absolutely not working, everytime when I bring the hx2410 in Pre-BL Mode it won't be recognized from the computer (USB device not recognized) and so its not possible to upgrade it.
I deleted the ipaq from the device manager and let it be installed again after an hard reset and then switched in the Pre-BL Mode and again the ipaq was not recognized...
Any idea what I can do??? :(

I remember that if using Win7 or Vista x64 you need to install custom drivers in order to works. Have you try it?

the_MacAce

Jun 8, 2011
Austria
Thank you for your aswers.
I have Win7 32bit on my computer so first I installed the drivers from Spiaatie and switched then to Pre-BL Mode. Again the ipaq is recogniced as unknown device - Status: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
Now I tried to install the drivers from Spiaatie for the unknown device but got the error message "No kompatible driver in this folder"
I also tried several USB-ports but the result is always the same - unknown device...

:mad: Annoying...

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Hmm, It could help if we have more details, such as the current OS on your device, and whether or not you have WMDC installed and updated to the latest version.

For me, at first I thought it was impossible to update from wm2003 all the way to spiaatie v8, but I still was able to. I hope you can too.

Atlus

Jan 8, 2008
Grecia
Hmm, It could help if we have more details, such as the current OS on your device, and whether or not you have WMDC installed and updated to the latest version.

For me, at first I thought it was impossible to update from wm2003 all the way to spiaatie v8, but I still was able to. I hope you can too.

Yes is a little tricky, why don't try WM5 first and then WM 6.5

the_MacAce

Jun 8, 2011
Austria
I have an hp iPAQ hx2410 with WM2003, an 32MB MMC Plus and an 512MB CompactFlash.
What I'm trying is to upgrade this Pocket PC on my Win7 32bit PC to WM5 and then to WM6.5.
But thats not possible because of the problems I posted until now.

Whats new is that I tried to update the BIOS of the Pocket PC with the Updatefile directly from the hp homepage. This was also not working because the installation aborted with an DLL write error (couldnt be installed because its not the right one for the iPAQ...)

Is it possible to copy an install file directly on the iPAQ and then switch to Pre-BL and the installation of this file starts? Because now I also have an VM6 *.daa file here. Maybe its possible to install this one...

Thank you for any help!

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
I have an hp iPAQ hx2410 with WM2003, an 32MB MMC Plus and an 512MB CompactFlash.
What I'm trying is to upgrade this Pocket PC on my Win7 32bit PC to WM5 and then to WM6.5.
But thats not possible because of the problems I posted until now.

Whats new is that I tried to update the BIOS of the Pocket PC with the Updatefile directly from the hp homepage. This was also not working because the installation aborted with an DLL write error (couldnt be installed because its not the right one for the iPAQ...)

Is it possible to copy an install file directly on the iPAQ and then switch to Pre-BL and the installation of this file starts? Because now I also have an VM6 *.daa file here. Maybe its possible to install this one...

Thank you for any help!

Ah, so you do have wm2003 on your iPAQ. Try this: kill WMDC before you run the WM5 (remember it has to be the 1.00.00L version) upgrade. To kill WMDC, right-click your taskbar, then start Task Manager, go to processes and kill the wmdc.exe one. Then the HP updater should work, then from that point on you can enter pre-bootloader mode.

the_MacAce

Jun 8, 2011
Austria
Also not working :(
I killed the wmdc.exe but it was not possible to update with the hp BIOS-Updatefiles or WM5-file. Same error like usual - iPAQ not recognized when in Pre-BL Mode.
Maybe I should try on an other PC with an other Operating System? Win XP? Win 2000?
:(

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Hmm. Did you try to run Spiaatie's ROM update? Try that after closing WMDC.

But I think Spiaatie's driver needed to be installed first before anything, but I know for a fact that Windows 7 will not detect a WM2003 device at all.

It's a long shot, but see if you can manually add Spiaatie's driver to your device manager. You should be able to list all devices in Device Manager, or you may need to "Add New Hardware".

The reason why I was able to upgrade from wm2003 was because I had Spiaatie's drivers installed already. That is the most important part. So if you cannot add that driver, then you may need to use anoher computer with either Windows XP or Windows2000.

the_MacAce

Jun 8, 2011
Austria
And also with Win2000 the same error like usual - iPAQ not recognized when in Pre-BL Mode.
I installed the PocketPC with Spiaaties drivers but again in Pre-BL Mode the iPAQ won't be recognized. I tried to install the drivers but it won't work - error during installation.
ANY idea why this hp iPAQ hx2410 with WM2003 won't be recognized in Win2000 and Win7-PCs when in Pre-BL Mode? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    News about iPAQ ROM development you can find on Spiaatie's Blog

ROMs for iPAQ devices are available on Spiaatie's ROMs

4647964496_a96296cf98_o.png

Description:

- Carefully read all first 3 posts!
    - ROM Update Works with Windows - 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
    - How to update ROM? Just read README file inside update folder!
    - After update make a hard reset!
    - Please don't mirror my files anywere else!
    - hx2110(5) and hx2410(5) users MUST update ROM in following sequence:
    * 1.00.00L -> 1.00.00H -> 1.02.00H -> WM 6.x

THIS ROM WORKS ONLY WITH:

hx2100 series: hx2110 - hx2115 - hx2190 - hx2190b - hx2195 - hx2195b
    hx2400 series: hx2410 - hx2415 - hx2490 - hx2490b - hx2495 - hx2495b
    hx2700 series: hx2750 - hx2755 - hx2790 - hx2790b - hx2795 - hx2790b

NEVER TRY TO UPDATE hx2490c OR hx2790c - You will brick it!

4647964812_4a6e28d31d_o.png

Spiaatie_Tomahawk_v8C_ROM.png
    Spiaatie_Tomahawk_v8T_ROM.png

My old ROMs and shipped ROMs

4647964440_158e052856_o.png

- You will need these files if you still have WM2003 or WM5 on hx2110(5) / hx2410(5) before You can install WM6.5 Update

upto_spiaatie.png

4647964670_3dcac617ff_o.png

Always use iPAQ in Pre-BL mode to do the update!
    Contacts + iTask + Reset (with stylus)
    Release when Pre-BL appers on screen or if You see just white screen
    Push Calendar button to get connection with PC

PRE_BL_Spiaatie.png

Always HARD-RESET iPAQ after update!

Calendar + Messaging + Power + Reset (with stylus)
    Release when Formatting PS.. appers on screen

HARD_RESET_Spiaatie.png

How to know model number?
    It's under battery.

spiaatie_model_number.jpg

A suggestion for Chinese user:
    T has different core, so many ChinesePlus pockage will invalid. Maybe there is no compatible wince.nls for T.
    C is suite for this situation.
    No Spiaatie :( , e only press reset button , i will instal it now.

You NEED to make hard-reset after ROM update - it's a MUST!

Many apps will not work until you will make hard-reset.