Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 28, 2008
Jūrmala
www.spiaatie.com
News about iPAQ ROM development you can find on Spiaatie's Blog

ROMs for iPAQ devices are available on Spiaatie's ROMs

4647964496_a96296cf98_o.png

Description:

- Update ROM with Universal Bootloader or SD Card.
- ROM Update Works with Windows - 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
- How to update ROM? Just read README file inside update folder!
- After update make 2 (two) hard resets!
- Please don't mirror my files anywere else!
- hx4700 uses NOR FLASH and may have issues with filesys

THIS ROM WORKS ONLY WITH:

hx4700 series: hx4700 and hx4705

4647964812_4a6e28d31d_o.png

Spiaatie_Roadster_v1T_ROM.png

Last edited:

Spiaatie

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 28, 2008
Jūrmala
www.spiaatie.com
forum_downloads_spiaatie.png

- Big Start menu icons for iPAQs with 128MB RAM (Install on device memory).

Spiaatie_Big_Startmenu_Icons.png
Spiaatie_Big_Startmenu_Icons_2.png

- List view Start menu (Install on device memory).

Spiaatie_List_View_Startmenu.png
Spiaatie_List_View_Startmenu_2.png

Attachments

• Spiaatie_hx4700_Big_Icons.cab
    620.6 KB · Views: 3,216
  • Spiaatie_VGA_Start_Menu_List.cab
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,676
Last edited:

MannyMania

Sep 15, 2007
WOW!!!!!

Awsome Job!!!

It's is fast and stable. Tested gps garmin and igo8 no problems for so far. I'll be on the road with it today to give it a good run. It really is Amazing work you've done Spiaatie!! I've had my 4700 upgraded to 128mb so there's a good 89mb free for running programs. Is it possible for you to make a cab to install the phone apps. I'ed like to see if it will work with a gsm card I have. I use running voice gsm to test and it works but it's a really old app.

Great Work!!!!

Thanks!!!

MannyMania

Sep 15, 2007
woah!!! it's 4:30 and i have to be at work at 8 ouch!! Ok that's enough for me i'll continue test and report in later.

Cheers.

mizuhikari

Jul 4, 2007
So far so good. It fast and stable. About bluetooth connections all works, except I still can not pair with my phone as bluetooth modem (dial-up networking). It suddenly jump. It said: The connection failed and could not be reestablished. Try to use with 'modem is' to set the apn provider, still can not connect.

I use old school T68i (bt 1.1) and Nokia 2865i (bt 1.2).

Any idea? :confused:

wamozono

Jun 13, 2010
Any issues with WIFI?

Great job Spiaatie!!

The ROM is working almost perfectly for me. I seem to be having some issues connecting to WIFI networks. I have tried open and WPA networks which connected once, but can't seem to reconnect again :(

Is anyone else having issues?

Thank you so much for the ROMs!!

Spiaatie

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 28, 2008
Jūrmala
www.spiaatie.com
Great job Spiaatie!!

The ROM is working almost perfectly for me. I seem to be having some issues connecting to WIFI networks. I have tried open and WPA networks which connected once, but can't seem to reconnect again :(

Is anyone else having issues?

Thank you so much for the ROMs!!

I can always reconnect, but sometimes it's necessary to push WiFi button twice - first time it turns on and quick off, and then with second all is ok.

Fantastica

Dec 6, 2009
It's so cute that you put your own copyright in the About screen, as if you made the OS or own any part of it!

MannyMania

Sep 15, 2007
Hey Spiaatie, which Smartphone resources WM6.5 kit do you recommend for the 4700.

Cheers.

Sorry I didn't read all the way through. Those resourses are for non touch. I will follow your advice and search XDA Site.

Do you plan on releasing a kitchen for the 4700 for those of us who want to be daring??

Cheers.

JaCoL_JcL

Apr 17, 2009
Guys i have problem with PC connection :/ At Widnows7 and Windows XP don't see my iPAQ! I have this USB connection error :/ U got a good solutions for this? ?

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
Put your iPAQ In BL Mode, connect it to a computer running XP (Vista needs special drivers), unzip the files to the top level of a local HDD, run bootloader.exe, grab a donut :)

Hope this helps

pvdgulik

Aug 21, 2008
WM 6.5.

Hey Spiaatie,

You did it!!! It works perfectly, the install in 1 go!

Perfect, thank you!

Pieter

mizuhikari

Jul 4, 2007
Still cannot connect to my oldies phone as a DUN. The bluetooth is alright, except the DUN I think. Still try until now.
Any idea?

wamozono

Jun 13, 2010
I can always reconnect, but sometimes it's necessary to push WiFi button twice - first time it turns on and quick off, and then with second all is ok.

Yea it seems to be working for me now, I can't replicate the problem I was having before, so its all good here.

Really appreciate the effort Spiaatie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    News about iPAQ ROM development you can find on Spiaatie's Blog

ROMs for iPAQ devices are available on Spiaatie's ROMs

4647964496_a96296cf98_o.png

Description:

- Update ROM with Universal Bootloader or SD Card.
    - ROM Update Works with Windows - 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
    - How to update ROM? Just read README file inside update folder!
    - After update make 2 (two) hard resets!
    - Please don't mirror my files anywere else!
    - hx4700 uses NOR FLASH and may have issues with filesys

THIS ROM WORKS ONLY WITH:

hx4700 series: hx4700 and hx4705

4647964812_4a6e28d31d_o.png

Spiaatie_Roadster_v1T_ROM.png

can you tell me how to unlock it to make it simfree

huh?

iPAQ hx4700 is PDA not phone.
    One thing I've noticed is that the "Properties" in File Explorer won't show the correct information, but always display the same file size/date/attributes, no matter what file is selected.

How can you get Properties in File Explorer?

I can't find Properties anywhere.
    ok this has been out a while now. anyone got a review on living with this long term? any downsides? is there enough ram left or have anyone had problems apart from the usual BT and WiFi issues?

I have been meaning to add my experience ... this ROM is the BEST in my journey from my original 4705 purchase to WM5 to Kohzura's iterations through Alkor's ... to Spiaatie's WM6.5. Have used 6.5 since its release with renewed interest ... and have not had any issues to date. I have installed it from my W-XP machine ... and the process was without a hitch.

Spiaatie ... my contribution is coming ... thanks for a great effort and results.

My unit now has 4GB SD plus 64GB CF, and upgraded RAM (128MB) ... so I ventured to set PP to 32MB ... now have much faster and smoother operation than with earlier (smaller) PP settings. For example my GPSTuner mapping app was sluggish at WM6.1 with 8MB PP ... but now it is very responsive ... even when loading satellite mapping images at 1.0+GB per file.

I have now tested and run almost everything I have installed ... PIM, text, images, graphics, sound, video, BT, WiFi.

WiFi .. I don't do email on my 4705 ... but browse news sites, etc., when away from home base. Settled on Opera Mobile 10 .. tried several others. Also WEB radio (streaming via SPB Radio).

BT ... I have two GPS receivers (DeLorme Earthmate GPS BT20 and Delorme Earthmate BlueLogger) both registered readily. My mapping SW are DeLorme Street Atlas and TOPO USA, and GPSTuner ... when starting either, the GPS receivers link automatically or readily.

BT ... ThinkOutside Mouse and Keyboard install and work fine. NOTE, my experience has been that you install these very last ... and into DEVICE for best results.

BT ... head sets ... Motorola S805 works perfectly, readily switches between my Cell phone and 4705. Motorola HT820 not as nimble for me.

Photo viewer(s) ... PhotoViewerPRO and XNView Pocket ... improvement in loading, zooming.

Music ... GSPlayer and MortPlayer... work very well, no stuttering, great sound on earbuds or BT head sets.

Video/Movies .. CorePlayer ... works well. I download high quality rips (1.1GB for Patton for example) playback is smooth video and sound.

Graphics ... ShortCAD.Lite is a work-in-progress .. but quite an interesting 2D drawing app. Works well on 4705 ... but no comparison to solid modeling on my mobile work-station.

Hope this report is helpful to others.

FankK-F
    Download links no longer work?

Hello,

I just acquired an almost pristine hx4700! I would dearly love to install WM6.5 Classic on it but, alas, the download links say that file (ROM file) cannot be downloaded for some sort of violation reason.

Would someone on this forum let me know where I can obtain a copy of the Classic 6.5 Roadster rom. From the comments on this thread, it sounds like exactly what I had hoped to find for my new toy.

I am a long standing fan of Spiaatie's ROMs. My old and trusted hx2495b has been running his 6.5 ROM for months. Its so solid and reliable that I gave it to my girl friend and she loves it!

Many many thanks!

chilcotin