[ROM] Htc Explorer (pico) "JaggyRom" [3.2.1] (5-7-12)

Search This thread

zenki1

Jul 16, 2009
Check /data with DiskUsage to see if Dalvik cache is correctly moved to the ext-SD.

you should see something like this

attachment.php

my phone show davik 81,xx mb , so , how to remove it ? internal memory just 57mb :(

aurelyly91

Jul 19, 2012
Hello

First, sorry for my mistakes in English, I'm french and I'm not very good in English

Yesterday, I try to installed jaggyrom 4, and the screen remained blocked on screen white with logo HTC green.
I tried free times and it was always the same.

Then I installed jaggyrom 3 and it's ok.

I would like to know,

- Can I update jaggyrom 3 on jaggyrom 4 and how to make it ?

- If I do a backup on jaggyrom3 and I update this to jaggyrom 4, is that it will work ? And if that don't work, whith my restore to backup jaggyrom 3, threre is no problem, it's the same before update ? or I have to do something else.

Yashas123

Oct 29, 2012
Bangalore
Installing Jaggy ROM without SD card partition

Hey friend, actually there is no required of partition of SD card, they might have given up in the post, but it required for only those who does not want to lose their Apps and Games

Its completely safe
do not worry , b'cause i have htc explorer a310e and completely modded it
Not even a single app or ROm is official....!!!

:cowboy::highfive::cool:

anayalater75

Apr 26, 2011
Hi, can i install this rom on my htc explorer A310e which is on stock firmware 2.3.5 ?

I have unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone successfully, should i make a backup of my stock rom ? or efs folder ?

Sorry for such questions , i only want to make sure because i've previously screwed up my galaxy s2's imei in trying to install roms (it took me a few days to get it restored) , so i just wanted to make sure ....

Also with this rom , will my phone be able to read arabic ? i use the phone in english but i want to add arabic support as well

Lennox Alexion

Jul 6, 2012
Hyderabad / Pune
Hi, can i install this rom on my htc explorer A310e which is on stock firmware 2.3.5 ?

I have unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone successfully, should i make a backup of my stock rom ? or efs folder ?

Sorry for such questions , i only want to make sure because i've previously screwed up my galaxy s2's imei in trying to install roms (it took me a few days to get it restored) , so i just wanted to make sure ....

Also with this rom , will my phone be able to read arabic ? i use the phone in english but i want to add arabic support as well

It's better to take a nandroid backup of your current rom in cwm recovery..
About Arabic I don't know.. check the the rom description about the languages it supports :)

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310 using xda premium

wac_badsector

Aug 14, 2011
Dubai
one problem

i am using jaggy 3.2.1 lite rom
working perfectly

1) except battery drain issue 10% consuming in 1 hour on standby.
2) sometimes its totally freezes not any key works. i have to remove battery and put again to restart my phone.

any help ?
anyboy

rovivor

Feb 23, 2012
Guys, sorry for this question..Im trying to research about this but I cant find any...
How do you know if your the partitioning work, what I mean is how do I know if my downloaded apps installs to my ext4 partition..I followed all the steps with mr. mahmudaq's beginners tutorial..everything went well and two thumbs up by the way for mr. mahmudaq and jaggy! :D...I just dont know if apps that has to be installed on the internal memory like widgets are installed on the ext4 partition..I already have diskusage app..and I really dont know how to read this..T_T sorry newbie...and also because when I download and install apps..I have to go to settings>applications>manage apps and there I have to transfer them to the SD card..Is it necessary? Thats why I'm really confused if whether the apps are being installed on my ext4 partition...

Another question..can we watch HD videos on our HTC explorer??? because when I downloaded a vid player like mobo player..and I tried to play HD music videos/movies..the video is slow and not syncing with the audio..is there anyway to solve that problem?? THANKS!!!

rovivor

Feb 23, 2012
By the way, when I download apps from the store, it doesn't automatically go to the ext4 partition, it still goes to my internal storage..before, my internal storage was 135mb then after I download and install apps, my internal memory went down to 100mb..then I have to manually transfer my apps from internal memory to sd card using manage apps in the settings..then my internal storage went up to 135mb...T_T is this normal??

alforati

Jul 15, 2008
Thank you jaggyjags for this amazing ROM! :)

2. Prepare your SD card, using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition,
a. move all existing data on the SD Card to your PC and delete all files from it. RESIZE your existing FAT32 partition to a size where your unallocated space is at least 1GB but not more than 2GB.
b. Create a new ext4 Primary partition using all the unallocated space.
c. Apply changes

(I've written RESIZE in CAPS because when I tried deleting and creating the FAT32 and ext4, my phone didn't recognize the formatting as valid. So I allowed the phone to reformat the sd card and then did it using resize FAT32 instead)

3. Copy the latest version of JaggyROM.zip to the sdcard root. Don't place in any folder. Rename it to update.zip

Hello there!
Thanks for everything...
But.. there is something missed!
to which partition shall we copy " update.zip'' while computer cant see the ext4 partition?
when all done with miniTool .. computer cant see any partition on SD Card.. and when formatting the FAT32 partition with Disk management .. the ext4 one will also be formatted to FAT32 automatically.. otherwise.. you cant assign any drive letter!

Can u just explain this part for us please!
Regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

JaggyRom3.png

JaggyRom for HTC explorer

An optimized, european, stock-based custom rom.

1. Features

• Rooted
    • Kernel by yannou90.
    • Ext-2,3,4 partition support.
    • task killer tweak for speed
    • Apps2sd enabled (no need of link2sd anymore, don't use it).
    • BusyBox installed
    • Booting HTC Sound dissabled
    • Bash shell support
    • /etc/init.d scripts support
    • Dalvic-cache to SD enabled
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned to optimize Ram usage at every boot.
    • +135mb free internal memory at startup.
    • "ES file explorer", "Easyinstaller" and "A2SDGUI" preinstalled.
    • Dissabled scrolling cache.
    • Blue theme with scrolling glow.
    • CRT on/off animation. (thanks to pchandra)
    • Advanced quick settings.
    • Swipe to remove notifications.
    2.Version History
    Code:
    JaggyRom_1.0
    JaggyRom_1.0_clean-With nearly every stock app wiped out .

JaggyRom_1.032
        - Added custom battery indicator (watch [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22437285&postcount=106"]here[/URL])
      - Data will not erase anymore when flashing rom, install to apply update.(wipe cache before through recovery, not dalvic cache)
     - Improved scroll on many apps.
    - Added ScreenFlashlight.apk, small system flashlight app with full brightness (thanks to deepaktom and cosmoon)

JaggyRom_1.13
    - Implemented swipe to remove notifications, you can now remove individual notifications from status bar by sliding your finger over them.
     - Fixed eventual stuck on HTC white screen when booting.

JaggyRom_1.44
    -Implemented advanced power menu(watch [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23444649&postcount=338"]here[/URL])
    -Implemented Beats Audio sound mod
    -Reapplied Scroll improvement (tweak was not operative on previous version, sorry about that) 
    -Dalvic heap size set to 32m by default
    -Updated Google maps, youtube, gmail and easyinstaller to latest version

JaggyRom_1.5.0
    -improved image and video quality with Bravia Engine hack

JaggyRom_2.0.1
     -(NEW) now based on OTA update Europe 1.28.401.1 !!
    clean up system partition before installing

JaggyRom_2.2.15
    - Fixed notification not deleting from status bar when pressing 'clear' button.
     - Updated su binary to latest.
     - Disabled the automatic check for OTA updates by default.
     - Disabled the 'tell HTC' pop up after a sudden shutdown by default.
     - Added "Russian", "Czech", "Danish", "Swedish" and "Dutch" languages to stock keyboard. (full support)
     - Added support for the following languages:
    English (United States)
    Español (España!)
    Français (France)
    Italiano (Italia)
    Ukrainian (Ukraine)*
    Czech (Czech republic)*
    Vietnamese (Vietnam)*
    Arabic (Egipt)*
    Portugês (Portugal)*
    Corean (Corea)*
    Nederlands (Nederland)*
    Japanese (Japan)*
    Rusian (Rusia)*
    Chinese (Simplified)*
    Chinese (Tradicional)*[INDENT]*System will not show up on these languages but every app that supports that language (for example all Google apps) will change.
    The default system language for these will be English.
    If you are using a custom launcher (Go launcher, for example) you will probably have all your system on your selected language except the settings menu.

[/INDENT]For the new languages and the default settings to show up you will have to format system/cache and make a factory reset, I am afraid. (make app backup)

JaggyRom_2.3.4
    - Rebuilded boot.img back from stock to ensure no errors being made. It may solve some booting problems on some people.
     - Now dalvic cache is moved automatically at first boot. No need to do it manually. (150 mb free memory at first boot after factory resset) 
     - Init.d scripts support. They were not supported on previous v2 versions. 
      -  Removed debugging mode persistent notification on status bar.   
      -  Recompiled SystemUI.apk, now suitable with UOTkitchen. 
      -  (new) Fixed eventual adb debugging notification showing again on notification bar.
      - (new) Set vm heap size back to 20m by default. Found to be the fastest value. Set it manually in with a2sdgui (recommended).

JaggyRom_2.5.1
      - Added arabic shaping support.
      - Removed ads from all applications/games!
      - Applied [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276"]V6Supercharger tweak.[/URL]
      - Zipalign on every boot. 
      - Removed carrier name on notifications panel and made the clear notification button BIG.
      - changed the battery icon.
      - Many other init.d and build.prop tweaks.[IMG]http://media.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] 

JaggyRom_2.5.5
     - Rebuided SystemUI.apk, fix possible error when using uot kitchen.   
    - Added Serbian and Hungarian language. (supported languages) 
    - Added Gps tweak for faster and better locking to satellites.

JaggyRom_2.5.8
     - Removed warez app
     - Added "ES File Explorer"
     - Added build prop tweaks from "smurfed out" script
    .JaggyRom_2.6.1
    - Removed Supercharger and smurf out tweaks. (some people were noticing battery leaks)
    - Updated system apps to latest version.
    JaggyRom_2.7
    - Removed Beats audio mod.
    - Implemented Cranium Kernel rel#2
    JaggyRom_2.8
    - Moved back to 800mhz kernel by yannou90 as people requested (no  benchmark improvements but it does improve the overall feeling)
    - Added CRT on/off animation effect. (Many thanks to [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4629880"]pchandra[/URL]) Watch video example [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdWaDS_CIqI"]here[/URL]

Wiping dalvic cache before installation is strongly recommended.
    you may also need to fix permissions inside advance options inside recovery.
    JaggyRom 3

---3.0---

- Fixed CRT issue (sometimes rebooting after a call)

- Added advanced quick settings (thanks to pchandra)

- Added Adreneline engine: (thanks nilot27 for the tip ;) )

✔ Increase touchscreen sensitivity
    ✔ Less RAM usage through zipalign. | World first smart zipaligning
    ✔ Reduced /dbdata, /data, /sdcard usage of *.db files and faster database access. | World first smart sqlite optimizing
    ✔ Faster disk access through remount script (noatime, disabled barrier etc) | World first smart remounting
    ✔ Better network throughput from TCP tweaks and 3G tweaks
    ✔ Tons of prop tweaks
    ✔ Overall Better Performance and Battery Life
    ✔ Less lags through LMK Tweak and Various VM Tweaks
    ✔ Faster SDCARD Read/Write Speed
    ✔ Bypass website like thepiratebay.se

- Added Bravia and Xloud engline.

Bravia engine: Improve screen quality of the display (You'll see improvements when you view a photo, watch movies, play games

Xloud engine: will make the volume more louder, sound quality is crispier and very clear than stock, and bass issues from stock will be fixed

-Blue Theme (system, dialer, keyboard, etc...)

---3.0.3---

- Fixed/edited many icons.
    - Added modified build.prop to skip gameloft compatibility check.
    - Modified battery indicator. Black background. Now stays blue and changes to red under 15%.

---3.1---

- Fixed/changed some remaining icons and camera app buttons (blue).
    - Changed background of slide menu (dialer, apps list, clock..) It was to ligh, hardly visible.
    - Changed header and clear buttons from status bar.
    - Changed bootanimation. (Thanks to akya22!)
    - Changed settings icons (now ICS style)
    - Removed last build.prop (caused conflicts on some networks).get it from here.
    - Changed default walpaper.
    - Fixed blank area between notification and quicksettings tab.
    - Updated Google play, Es file browser, Superuser, Maps, Streetview and Gmail to latest versions.

---3.1.1---

- Fixed possible bugs with calls.

---3.2.1---

-Fixed adrenaline engine script, no more memory leaks in /data/local.
    -Fixed brightness Seekbar on Quicksettings, length was longer than actual visible area.
    -Changed new unread mesage/call notification dot to blue.
    -Removed recent apps from status bar.
    -Removed Volume and Settings shortcuts from quicksettings.
    -Some little changes in statusbar theme.
    -Increased decode memory capability for progressive jpg file (hopefully better camera images) Thanks to nilot27!
    -Added carrier name on satus bar.
    -Fixed some icons (gmail stars)
    -Removed some unnecesary lib files from lite version. Thanks to Nukeblitz!
    Versions:
    • Full: with every HTC widget and apps.

• Lite: Removed all bloatware, widgets, Htc logging apps... (+25 apps, see list here, thanks to nukeblitz)
    Md5:
    05D962D7AC3D4D8FCC1957B20F978FFF *JaggyRom_3.2.1.zip
    4016AE15154413382914A74434236999 *JaggyRom_3.2.1_lite.zip

Download

previous versions

To update to a newer version you dont need to wipe anything, it will all be done automatically. Wiping dalvic cache is recommended. No fixing permissions or any other thing is necessary.
    3. Instructions, please read carefully

• IMPORTANT: you need recovery by yannou90 with ext support to use this rom, please follow step 3 from this tutorial (or 1 to 3 if you have not rooted your phone yet).

• (not needed from version 2.3.1) To move your Dalvic cache open "A2SDGUI" app and press "move" in the dalvic tab. Free up +60mb!

• use "Titanium backup" to move data to sd card ext partition, choose apps you want to move their data, long press on them and select "move app data to sd". Both data and lib files will move. You can also select batch option to move several applications data at the same time. select a single app first so data folder is created.Check what apps are using the data with "DiskUsage" browsing /data

• Install the .zip in the recovery menu (install zip to sd option) once you unlocked your bootloader and flashed your recovery. Tutorial by me here.

First time installing this rom? Take a look at the first time user detailed tutorial by mahmudaq(thankyou dude ;))

• Do a factory reset after making backup of your apps (with titanium backup... etc.) if you have a different rom (stock...).

• Apps will install automatically to your SD partition. Partition your sd card before (before flashing recommended) to Ext2,3,4 (not fat32) format using programs like Minitool partition wizzard, or using recovery option (no swap needed). Around 500mb-1Gb partition would be fine to start with (depends of how many apps installed). (don't make it greater than 2gb). If you use "Minitool partition wizard" remember to leave the first fat32 partition at the left and then a primary Ext2/3/4 partition.
    Untitled.jpg

• To check used/free memory on SD partition browse /system/sd with "DiskUsage". Internal memory in /data
    2012-02-24_18-13-11.jpg 2012-02-24_18-13-30.jpg

• NOTE: If you want to be able to make a full nandroid backup, including your ext partition, you need the custom recovery made by "yannou90". I updated the recovery (on february 21st) on my rooting tutorial, just download it and flash it.
    screenshots

2012-01-31_05-36-32.jpg2012-01-31_06-55-03.jpg2012-01-31_06-54-57.jpg
    4. FAQ Never post a question before reading.

Q Phone freezes and reboots randomnly. I have installed the rom following the correct procedures. Whats going on?
    A Some phones have problems with the overclocked kernel provided with this rom, the best alternative is cranium kernel by sakinda123. Follow this link to flash it.

Q After installing many apps one or a few have stopped working, force
    closing. Phone reboots when updating apps. Rebooting phone doesnt solve the probem.

A Some people reported this problem, fix it by going to APP2SDGUI and pressing "rebuild" ig you are experiencing force close of apps. If the phone shows a black screen when trying to install an app and shows the bootanimation for a short time, do a normal restart to fix it.

Q Apps still install on the instarnal memory, I have to move them manually using link2sd or simillar.
    A Apps will appear to your system that they are on the internal memory but they are NOT, they are just linked to it. To check the memory go to /system/sd with "DiskUsage" for the sd partition and internal memory in /data. select [root required] to be able to select them in the application.

Q I want to modify battery mod, add scrolling glow or make other customization to them rom, how can I do it? Could you upload it?
    A As every person has different likes about customizations of icons and colours, If you want to customize your rom visit http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/
    upload the required system files from the zip and after downloading the modified ones swap them and install the rom normally.

Q I just installed the rom and every time i try to install an app,the screen goes blank and I get the startup animation...this happens even after I restarted my cell twice...any help?
    A Go to A2SDGUI and rebuild dalvic cache. If this doesnt work remember you had to use the recovery from rooting tutorial here, step 3. NOT the recovery installed from "Rom manager" and make factory reset with it before installing the rom.

I will kindly answer to your questions but please not repeated ones, try to search the thread before you post.
    5. Themes, flashable through recovery

Download on this thread

2012_05_04_00_04_34.jpg 2012_05_04_00_06_30.jpg 2012_05_04_00_07_57.jpg 2012_05_04_00_08_57.jpg

• Move clock to the center of the status bar. (only for version 2.5.1+)
    View attachment Center_clockv2_JaggyRom.zip
    2012-03-28_09-06-52.jpg 2012-03-29_16-04-03.jpg

If you made your own theme and want to share it, send me a PM.

Thanks to everyone who donated! :D

Send me a PM with the transaction number if you want your name to be shown here.
    Thank you jaggyjags for this amazing ROM! :)

This was my first attempt at customizing my first Android device so I was new to the whole rooting scene and all. But, things went pretty smoothly and I'm now running the overclocked kernel version of JaggyROM (2.5.1) with an 8GB Kingston Class 4 SD card. The ext4 partition I made was around 1.4 GB. All apps install and run smoothly and am not getting pestered by that low internal memory error message any more!

For the benefit of other first time users, I've put together the steps I took when starting with a fresh device with no special apps or data that need to be backed up.

Before proceeding, make sure you have an SD card inserted which you know you can access on your PC as well as phone.

1. Backup your existing ROM first (steps a to f):
    a. Follow jaggyjags' Rooting tutorial to the point where it says "ROOTED!!" Do NOT reset/wipe anything.
    b. Reboot into Recovery menu.
    c. Select "Backup and Restore"
    d. Select the "Backup" option (don't remember the exact text)
    e. When done, select the Reboot System option
    f. Connect phone to PC using data cable and copy the folder clockworkmod from the sdcard to somewhere on your PC in case its needed for restoring later.

2. Prepare your SD card, using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition,
    a. move all existing data on the SD Card to your PC and delete all files from it. RESIZE your existing FAT32 partition to a size where your unallocated space is at least 1GB but not more than 2GB.
    b. Create a new ext4 Primary partition using all the unallocated space.
    c. Apply changes

(I've written RESIZE in CAPS because when I tried deleting and creating the FAT32 and ext4, my phone didn't recognize the formatting as valid. So I allowed the phone to reformat the sd card and then did it using resize FAT32 instead)

3. Copy the latest version of JaggyROM.zip to the sdcard root. Don't place in any folder. Rename it to update.zip

4. Disconnect the USB cable and reboot into Recovery menu again.

5. Select "Wipe data/factory reset" option. Note that this option is present in the Recovery menu and is not the "Factory Reset" option available outside of Recovery menu.

6. Select "Install zip from SD Card" and "Apply /sdcard/update.zip" and confirm.

7. Once done, select "reboot system"

8. First boot takes a little longer than expected so be patient and don't try to reset the device. The JaggyROM boot screen will show up: amuse yourself with the animation and refrain from touching the device :)

9. Once booted up, let it sit a while longer to stabilize before unlocking the screen.

10. If you've installed the overclocked version of JaggyROM, go ahead and install the latest version of SetCPU. If you're a community member, you can download and copy the apk file to the SD card and then use EasyInstaller to install it. Set the recommended settings for SetCPU to start with.

11. Install System Panel Lite from Google Play to see the stats on your turbo charged CPU.

12. And the most important part of this effort: enjoy installing as many apps as you want without worrying about low internal memory! :D
    thanks
    I'm waiting for this

;)

by the way, just reuploaded without setCPU, it wont work in the system memory, install it manually if you wish.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419
    Nice to come back to take a look and find out we have our own thread for htc explorer!!!

and some preety nice roms rolling out!

our baby is growing up fast. :D

Keep it up
    Safe to remove system apps

I will keep the stock apps for the moment. There are many users who use apps I don't and don't know exactly which ones are only spyware and are just junk.

With this new kernel swap is supported according to developer.

I experimented quite a bit on this. Going all the way to a pure barebones system gives some pretty impressive performace gains (felt, not measured, but ery impressive all the same). But then, at that point, the phone doesn't do much....

So, I came up with a build that works for me. Here's a small list of apps that I removed without losing any functionality I cared for. You might want some of these though... There are already a bunch of lists on this topic on xda but i will my own list up and what i know of each of the apps. As a disclaimer, I could be completely wrong somewhere, please check yourself and make sure. Thanks!!

CheckinProvider.apk - OTA update
    com.htc.friendstreamwidget.apk - don't care for friend stream
    com.htc.musicwidget.apk - prefer to redownload from htc hub
    DCSutility - stocks related
    dfpi.apk - I don't quite remember what this was...
    Friendstream.apk - dont care for friendstream
    GSD.apk - some sort of test app accessed through a dialer code
    htccalendarwidgets - prefer to redownload when needed
    htccontactwidgets - prefer to redown...you get it by now
    htccotaclient - OTA update thingy
    htcfacebook.apk - i dont use facebook, no really, i i dont
    htcfeedback.apk - pretty sure htc doesnt want to hear about crashes on a hackerified device...
    htcmailwidgets - it's a widget!
    htcmsgwidgets - more widgets
    htcquicklaunchwidget - not so quick
    htcrecommends - don't use htc likes
    htcrecommendswidget - ^^^
    htcresetnotify - notification that appears on crashes and stuff
    htcweatherwallpaper - ....
    mail.apk - I use only gmail...
    myhtc.apk - think that's htc sense account related. I don't quite remember
    myreportagent.apk - more htc report stuff
    quicklookup.apk - don't use
    qxmd2sd.apk - heard it was a htc logging app
    smith.apk another htc logging app
    transfer-pico-8.35.0.14.s35 - bluetooth transfer app. never used it, even on nokia
    upgradesetup.apk - ota related
    weatherwidget.apk - no comment :p

I also removed these, but only because I dont like them in the system directory. Usually just redownload them from the market
    mobi.infolife.installer_1.0.8.apk
    estrongs.android.pop.apk