[ROM] Hummingbird & Ovation | | AOSP UA 8.1 (oreo) {FIXED}

Search This thread

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
r5-3600.github.io
Does the ovation ROM work smoothly with no lag? Currently using the latest lineage 14.1 build (DEC 2018), and have frequent slowdowns and huge blue lines flash across the whole screen for a second when rotating the screen, switching to another app or swiping down the notification panel. And also when trying to play a 1080p video on the YouTube app, I get a black screen and just audio plays. Every other resolution works fine. This is a very beautiful 1080p display going to waste if it can't run 1080p video. I do note that on the 2017 build of lineage 14.1, I never got this issue. I do hope this is just a internet issue and note a tablet issue. Only when I clean flashed lineage 14.1 from December of 2018 in get this problem. I hope that 1080p YouTube works on aosp UA 8.1 Oreo. I do apologize for my rant.

Try out my CM 11 ROM. I’ll be releasing a new CM 11 build tomorrow or on Saturday. https://xdaforums.com/nook-hd/general/rom-lineageos-11-t3668779

Reactions: MrPeanutPlays

MrPeanutPlays

Nov 10, 2018
Try out my CM 11 ROM. I’ll be releasing a new CM 11 build tomorrow or on Saturday. https://xdaforums.com/nook-hd/general/rom-lineageos-11-t3668779

I have reinstalled the 2017 lineage 14.1 ROM, and it works very well right now, what are the benefits of an older ROM? They usually don't have much app support and are unsupported, although these tablets were officially unsupported years ago. I mainly ask because I use an app called stremio, a movie streaming app like Netflix but for movies that you wouldn't see on Netflix until a year or two or never. I don't think the app is supported on android 4.4.4 so I was wondering, why go backwards instead of improve forward? Is AOSP UA 8.1 Oreo any better than lineage 14.1 and cm11 in terms of speed and efficiency? No lag or slowdowns? I sincerely apologize for all these questions, I understand you work hard on these ROMs and appreciate your hard work for years to keep these older tablets supported in many others favor.

MrPeanutPlays

Nov 10, 2018
Setup wizard stopped on boot in cm 11...

I've encountered a problem when booting up the newly installed cm 11 today. When booted for the first time I'm immediately confronted by an error: "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped." I click ok but it reappears and restarts won't help either. Reinstalled it all a bunch of times to no avail. Used gapps 4.4.x pico from today (4/5/19) and still nothing. What's the deal with this? I'm also using cm emmc cwm 6.0.4.6 boot recovery to install all of this. This may be the problem I presume but why? when I have also installed newer versions of android with this recovery with zero issues. Thanks in advanced:)

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
r5-3600.github.io
I've encountered a problem when booting up the newly installed cm 11 today. When booted for the first time I'm immediately confronted by an error: "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped." I click ok but it reappears and restarts won't help either. Reinstalled it all a bunch of times to no avail. Used gapps 4.4.x pico from today (4/5/19) and still nothing. What's the deal with this? I'm also using cm emmc cwm 6.0.4.6 boot recovery to install all of this. This may be the problem I presume but why? when I have also installed newer versions of android with this recovery with zero issues. Thanks in advanced:)

Ovation or hummingbird?

MrPeanutPlays

Nov 10, 2018
Ovation or hummingbird?

Ovation, but no need to worry. I decided to click around the error message and was able to get to the google sign in device setup screen. The rom works as it should now and actually faster than nougat to no surprise seeing as how it is an older rom. I do wonder though, how is the performance of Oreo on your ovation? Is it any better than nougat? Or is the cm11 rom the best option for reliability/stability?

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
r5-3600.github.io
Ovation, but no need to worry. I decided to click around the error message and was able to get to the google sign in device setup screen. The rom works as it should now and actually faster than nougat to no surprise seeing as how it is an older rom. I do wonder though, how is the performance of Oreo on your ovation? Is it any better than nougat? Or is the cm11 rom the best option for reliability/stability?

Oreo on my Ovation seems to lag a bit more than Nougat. KitKat seems to be the best ROM for now. I will be doing a couple builds today. Ovation CM 11 update and a CM 11 update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Reactions: MrPeanutPlays

MrPeanutPlays

Nov 10, 2018
Oreo on my Ovation seems to lag a bit more than Nougat. KitKat seems to be the best ROM for now. I will be doing a couple builds today. Ovation CM 11 update and a CM 11 update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

So seeing as how I have cm11 right now on my ovation thanks to your recommendation, when this ovation cm11 update drops, will I have to clean install/flash or will it be like an ota update of sorts?

hornetbeewasp

Apr 18, 2019
hey, i was wondering if i could get help installing this version of hummingbird on my nook hd. It's still in its original stock rom and hasn't been rooted or had twrp installed. is there a tutorial I could follow to be able to do this?

kaew158

Nov 3, 2015
hey, i was wondering if i could get help installing this version of hummingbird on my nook hd. It's still in its original stock rom and hasn't been rooted or had twrp installed. is there a tutorial I could follow to be able to do this?

Android 4.4 Kitkat is the most stable.
lineageOS
https://xdaforums.com/nook-hd/development/rom-lineageos-11-t3665351
CM11
NookHD CM11

Tutorial for Nook HD.
https://youtu.be/66OicrfdJAs

You can try LP5.1/MM6.0.1/Nougat 7.0 and Oreo8.1 rom. I like stable rom (kitkat).

Hummingbird AOSP CM LineageOS

Last edited:
Reactions: hornetbeewasp

Nolfer

Nov 23, 2013
Does the recovery needed to install this ROM break the partitions? I had bad experiences some months ago... Completely broke everything on my ovation, data and backups too, and I had to do a completely clean install with the stock b&n to recover the partitions and then reinstall the latest working recovery...

Will I need to backup EVERYTHING on my PC to go on with this Oreo ROM? Including all data I have on this device and TWRP backups?

Anyway what happened to amaces?

Nolfer

Nov 23, 2013
Wifi doesn't work here too after clean install

Ovation Oreo 2019 03 31 with twrp 3.2.3

Last edited:
Reactions: aa84

garden80

Sep 15, 2017
How can I fix wifi problem?? I got a latest rom ovation but wifi not work;; I did a clean flash all;; Is there some patch for wifi???

Top Liked Posts