• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Hummingbird & Ovation | | AOSP UA 8.1 (oreo) {FIXED}

Search This thread

sandsofmyst

Oct 17, 2009
Got my Nook HD+ working again. This rom doesn't want to install. Throws an error about kernel and selinux and fails. Android 7 from amaces works.

Its been so many years since I touched all this stuff so maybe I just forgot things but there's also no info here that suggests this.

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io
Got my Nook HD+ working again. This rom doesn't want to install. Throws an error about kernel and selinux and fails. Android 7 from amaces works.

Its been so many years since I touched all this stuff so maybe I just forgot things but there's also no info here that suggests this.
I haven't done anything with custom ROMs in over a year. Last I knew and remember, don't put android oreo on these devices it is REALLY laggy. Better to stick with kitkat. I keep kitkat on mine.

sandsofmyst

Oct 17, 2009
I haven't done anything with custom ROMs in over a year. Last I knew and remember, don't put android oreo on these devices it is REALLY laggy. Better to stick with kitkat. I keep kitkat on mine.

I agree which is why I stuck to the one Android 6 rom for many years as it worked well enough for what I was doing. Android 7 was too problematic for that. But, the one app I'm using it for as a test requires Android 7+.

Actually put it away for only about the last year as the screen went bonkers. Hoped it would be fixed after sitting for a while and it did =)

Tell you one thing though, its a hardy tablet. Still going better than any other device I've had and for much longer.

MHB-2

Nov 30, 2021
Hello,
i tried do upgrade my Nook HD+ (ovation) with aosp_ovation-8.1.0-20190331

but i got a warning
No file_contextsTarget: NOOK/HDplus/ovation:4.0.4/IMM76L/2.2.1.8015:user/release-keys

and error messages
patching system image unconditionally E1001
and unknown commant [log] E:Error in /external_sd/aosp_ovation-8.1.0-20190331.zip (status 7)

what mistake i make? are there more files to copy to sdcard than bootfiles and this zip

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io
Hello,
i tried do upgrade my Nook HD+ (ovation) with aosp_ovation-8.1.0-20190331

but i got a warning
No file_contextsTarget: NOOK/HDplus/ovation:4.0.4/IMM76L/2.2.1.8015:user/release-keys

and error messages
patching system image unconditionally E1001
and unknown commant [log] E:Error in /external_sd/aosp_ovation-8.1.0-20190331.zip (status 7)

what mistake i make? are there more files to copy to sdcard than bootfiles and this zip
I don't recommend using 8.1.0 on these devices. I am making a new update cm 11 for these devices. I will update here when they are released.

Reactions: ajislav

MHB-2

Nov 30, 2021
Thanks for answer, actually i have a working 7.1.2 (cm 12) but i now need Android 8 or higher to use an app for other hardware.

lnos_ovation-ota-NJH47F.181223.zip
there was another version too, i used before, described here
CM-12.1_Installation_20150925.pdf

i thonk i do have this older files in archive.

Attachments

• CM-12.1_Installation_20150925.pdf
    199.8 KB · Views: 11

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io
Thanks for answer, actually i have a working 7.1.2 (cm 12) but i now need Android 8 or higher to use an app for other hardware.

lnos_ovation-ota-NJH47F.181223.zip
there was another version too, i used before, described here
CM-12.1_Installation_20150925.pdf

i thonk i do have this older files in archive.
CM 12 is Android 5.1.1
Android 7.1.2 is LineageOS 14.1

MHB-2

Nov 30, 2021
sorry my fault, cm12 was for the version in the second description (my first working flash on nook), Lineage os 14.1 is that, i installed some weeks before, with the old open gapps arm 7.1. zip, that than provides updates by itself. Seems to be stable.

Then i tried your file Update to Android 8 with the error message, that should be solved - i read in this forum - for hummingbird with the correct trwp version. So i asked me, if i did a mistake.

Trying to flash (back) to 4.0.4 (2.2.1) will not work on my nook, else i had tested it, cause the errormessage seems, to miss some files from 4.0.4. So I set nook back to his original version, that cant get wifi connection to my RouterCascade and tried your file, same error message, i cant understand/explain yet.

Last edited:

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io
sorry my fault, cm12 was for the version in the second description (my first working flash on nook), Lineage os 14.1 is that, i installed some weeks before, with the old open gapps arm 7.1. zip, that than provides updates by itself. Seems to be stable.

Then i tried your file Update to Android 8 with the error message, that should be solved - i read in this forum - for hummingbird with the correct trwp version. So i asked me, if i did a mistake.

Trying to flash (back) to 4.0.4 (2.2.1) will not work on my nook, else i had tested it, cause the errormessage seems, to miss some files from 4.0.4. So I set nook back to his original version, that cant get wifi connection to my RouterCascade and tried your file, same error message, i cant understand/explain yet.
I used to know a good method to return to stock 4.0.4 but it has been years. I have forgotten how to return to the stock OS.

Top Liked Posts