Sprint Hybrid ROM Series
(Android 5.0.1 ROMs are in post #2)
I bring to you a Hybrid Sprint N910PVPU4COG5 ROM. Built from the official Samsung OG5 tar ball. The initial ROM release is available in Odexed and Deodexed. Both are identical beside being odexed or deodexexd. The ROM will self root upon flash and it has init.d/busybox support (to be determined once we have a kernel that supports it). Knox and Sprint Itson has been removed completely. The "Basic" ROM includes the stock pre-rooted OG5 "Beastmode" kernel provided by @freeza
Other than a few small mods and the REMOVAL of Knox, Sprint Itson and several pre-installed "bloat" apps, this ROM is stock in every other way. I spent a lot of time with root and the updater-script to make it flash and pre-root as it should with no hassles. I DO NOT give permission for ANYONE to use this ROM or any future version of it for your own ROM base or any other derivative of my ROM. So don't do it! I will build a stock base ROM soon and it can be used for other peoples' projects. Thank you. Enjoy!
Hybrid Sprint N910PVPU4COG5 ROM **initial release for Android 5.1.1 software rev. OG5**
- New base ROM built from the official Android 5.1.1 software version N910PVPU4COG5
- Removed Sprint Itson and Knox
- Pre-Rooted and SuperSU is pre-installed
- Odexed version has the stock fully odexed frameworks utilizing ART (Android Runtime)
- Deodexed 100% system and frameworks (best for future mods and Xposed, if and when it gets updated for Android 5.1.1)
- Official OG5 modem and APN's included in the ROM zip
- Updated all system apps (deodexed version only)
- Ability to change view type in settings
- Hotspot enabled by default
- Voice call recording enabled
- Camera shutter sound option enabled
- Disabled usb connect/disconnect screen wake
- Disabled auto-correction patent. (Thanks to "Crapple")
- Call/Message blocking enabled in settings
- Application permissions in settings
- That's about it for this first release... more to come!!!!!
Hybrid-X 3.0 **X-Series is a more heavily modded, tweaked and themed rom**
- All features from Hybrid Sprint N910PVPU4COG5 ROM
- N4_AELKernel_5_1_1_NA_Ed_v2_190815 by: friedrich420
- ViPER4Android with the following built-in enhancements/engines
MegaBassBeats by: @DeHuMaNiZeD
AwesomeBeats by: @...Awesome...
HTK Audio Engine by: @kien_vip
Super Pure Audio v2.0 by: @Jeeko
Pon Audio by: @mrchezco1995
- Dolby ATMOS by: @worstenbrood
- 5-way reboot w/safe mode
- Flashlight toggle (still needs work. DO NOT attempt to move the toggle or it WILL disappear!)
- Added checkbox to enable/disable brightness slider in notification panel settings
- High-Volume warning disabled
Disabled ascending ringtone (no more quiet ringtone in first two seconds of incoming calls)removed until fixed
- Added more volume controls to volume popup window
- Added "Advanced utilities" section into settings for the built in utilities below
- Long press volume to skip music tracks (coming in the future. not working for 5.1.1. Still working on it)
- Removed Sfinder & Qconnect from notification panel (I will make a flashable zip to add it back)
- Netflix works out of the box. (more information on this can be found in the MODS section post #3)
- Build.prop tweaks
Important Note: Before flashing this ROM. you MUST first have done one of the following: Taken the Lollipop OB7 ota update OR odin flashed the stock N910PVPU1BOB7_N910PSPT1BOB7_SPR rom tar or NEWER Lollipop build such as OE1, OF5 or OFG. If you are still on ANY KK based rom (including any KK AOSP/CM based roms) then you MUST first update to Lollipop by one of the two methods I mentioned above, BEFORE flashing this ROM. If you are still on the first Lollipop 5.0 OB7 rom or a stock/custom KitKat ROM and have NEVER updated to Lollipop before then I highly recommend flashing my custom OB7/OG5 rom tar found HERE. Read that thread for more information.
***Before beginning the flash/setup process MAKE SURE your battery has at least 50% charge and/or connected to the charger!!!***
1. Backup anything you don't want to lose off your internal storage to another location.
2. Download the rom using your pc. (downloading with your phone has a much higher risk of file corruption. Not recommended with large files).
3. VERIFY the md5!!! Once the download has finished, compare the AFH md5 using a md5 tool on your pc. (Google is your friend).
4. Put the downloaded rom onto your internal storage or external micro sd card.
Before you go any further you need to odin flash the latest TWRP (recovery). Uncheck the "auto-reboot" option in the Odin tool before flashing TWRP. Once it finishes flashing, press and hold the home button, volume down and power button for several seconds until it reboots then QUICKLY press and hold home, volume UP and the power button and it will reboot to recovery without the need to do a battery pull. Otherwise continue to the next steps below.
5. With phone powered off, reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up, power and the home button until you see the samsusung logo then release all buttons.
6. Once in recovery choose the wipe button and do a factory reset three times. Optional but recommended is to do a "Data" wipe. This will wipe all of your internal storage so MAKE SURE you backed up first like i said in step #1 above! Then go to "advanced wipe" and select all of the partitions EXCEPT micro-sd card and internal storage. Internal storage is optional but recommended on first time flashing Lollipop.
7. Choose the "Install" option and select the rom "Hybrid_Sprint_N910PVPU4COG5_Deodexed" from either your internal or external micro-sd card. It will flash the rom and give a confirmation once completed.
8. Press "Reboot" then "reboot system".
9. Initial rom setup will take around 10 minutes and remain on the yellow Sprint Spark screen for much longer than what you are used to. Let the phone setup/optimize for at least 10 minutes and the screen WILL eventually turn off OR show the setup wizard screen once it finishes.
10. When you see the screen turn off, you can proceed with the setup wizard. Once finished with setup wizard, you will be prompted for the "connections optimizer". Quickly set it to what you want and close it. That's it! You're done! Setup your rom as usual. Enjoy![/B]
WARNING: Flashing anything on your device is done at your own risk. There is no way myself or any other developer can guarantee that flashing this ROM or any other file will not brick your device or otherwise cause some other type of damage. This is just a standard warning. I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device. However I do take great time and effort to ensure all of my work is tested and verified good before releasing to the public.
Sprint Hybrid X Series - OB7,OG5, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4
tx_dbs_tx, Goldie, tdunham, daxgirl, freeza, idone, rwilco12, lacoursiere18 , CNexus, majdinj
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: OG5 for Android 5.1.1
Based On: ALL_SPT_N910PVPU4COG5_N910PSPT4COG5_CL5303209_QB5691107_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
Stable Release Date: 2015-08-27
Last Updated 2015-08-29