[ROM][I317/t0lteatt][4.4.4][UNOFFICIAL] Dirty Unicorns v8.2 [Final] (11/21/2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Rockstad

Nov 3, 2012
Mcloud
I may just have to try that as well. The FB app is garbage. I really can't figure out what is causing my current problem. Tried full wipes with a few ROMs and still have the same problem. As soon as gallery opens to add a picture I get a force close, or freeze with a white screen. May just use the browser for now

rob_z11

I'm sorry... I stopped using the Facebook app ages ago. It has been far too unstable for my taste for way too long, and when they started to demand I install the messaging app, I just did away with it. Perhaps someone else will be able to assist you with your issues.

Good luck! Have a good one!

I tried to follow the process you have sent me like few pages back to compile the ROM, but It has been keep failing.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
I tried to follow the process you have sent me like few pages back to compile the ROM, but It has been keep failing.

To build for any devices based off the t0lte device tree, you need to cherry pick two commits first.

Change-Id: I5993c19f11e4f9bd8ef71d068194e01ebd3bab01
Change-Id: Ic1cf0155db17877e75e89aee3be73422f96aa53c

You can search for these commits on DU's gerrit review at http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/ Just follow the instructions for cherry-picking a feature from gerrit just before you enter the "time make -j5 bacon" and it should compile fine. Good luck!

Have a good one!

Reactions: slaydog and rob_z11

rob_z11

To build for any devices based off the t0lte device tree, you need to cherry pick two commits first.

Change-Id: I5993c19f11e4f9bd8ef71d068194e01ebd3bab01
Change-Id: Ic1cf0155db17877e75e89aee3be73422f96aa53c

You can search for these commits on DU's gerrit review at http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/ Just follow the instructions for cherry-picking a feature from gerrit just before you enter the "time make -j5 bacon" and it should compile fine. Good luck!

Have a good one!

Will try. Thanks.

Voyebanm

Oct 29, 2012
Ottawa
App Circle Bar

Hi anyone,
Is there a way to extract the App Circle Bar
I would like to try it on a Different phone with Touchwiz

Thanks !!!!

oppiee

Jan 30, 2011
Video playback

Sorry please ignore this post. Wrong thread

Last edited:

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
Final unofficial build of Dirty Unicorns has been uploaded... https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001607820

I, again, recommend a clean install, but if you must dirty flash and have any issues, please try a clean flash before asking to help here. It'll really help clear up a great deal of possible errors that could occur. Thank you.

Have a good one!

neonymbus

Feb 25, 2012
Worthington
Just flashed this ROM and I wanna say it's awesome. Plan on rocking this bad boy for a long time. Thanks

Sent from my WO3 SlimKat powered Note II

I seem to be having a problem. I just downloaded the latest version of this ROM. I am having issues with both Facebook app and Google play music. When I start to scroll down on the Facebook app the screen goes back to my home screen. The second issue is with Google Play music. The stream plays just fine until I push the power button to turn off the screen. Once the screen if off the music pauses until I turn the phone back and swipe the lock screen. The music also pauses very briefly when I rotate the screen. Also if I go to search anything on Google or enter a different app while the music is playing the music will pause until I go back to the home screen. It seems as if my phone is only able to handle one function at time. I am running the kernel that came with the ROM. I did a clean wipe of system, davlik, cache. I also used the app that was on the OP.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I love this ROM and how long the battery last. I really don't want to go back to DN5 ROM.

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
I seem to be having a problem. I just downloaded the latest version of this ROM. I am having issues with both Facebook app and Google play music. When I start to scroll down on the Facebook app the screen goes back to my home screen. The second issue is with Google Play music. The stream plays just fine until I push the power button to turn off the screen. Once the screen if off the music pauses until I turn the phone back and swipe the lock screen. The music also pauses very briefly when I rotate the screen. Also if I go to search anything on Google or enter a different app while the music is playing the music will pause until I go back to the home screen. It seems as if my phone is only able to handle one function at time. I am running the kernel that came with the ROM. I did a clean wipe of system, davlik, cache. I also used the app that was on the OP.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I love this ROM and how long the battery last. I really don't want to go back to DN5 ROM.

I'm not sure about your issues with the Facebook app. After countless difficulties with the Facebook app on multiple ROMs, I eventually gave up on it. On the other hand, your issues with the media player may be related to "OK Google". It is my experience, with certain ROMs and various media players, "OK Google" will tend to glitch out the playback, as well as cause various other issues. Try disabling all usage of "OK Google" in Google Now and see if that corrects the playback glitches.

Have a good one!

Reactions: manibengood
I figured out what my problem was with Google play. I didn't realize that there was a new update from the OP. I think I was on 8.0. I also had to update my TWRP and my superuser. I haven't changed the original kernel that came with this ROM. It seems to be working perfect now. Thanks for the quick response.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app

Update: The problem still exist. In my car the problem exist in my car when it is hooked up to my auxiliary radio input. Also only in my car If I use the Google play widget then the problem is as stated above. When I use headphones I don't notice the problem. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

CharliexCharger

Mar 26, 2012
Kansas City, MO
I figured out what my problem was with Google play. I didn't realize that there was a new update from the OP. I think I was on 8.0. I also had to update my TWRP and my superuser. I haven't changed the original kernel that came with this ROM. It seems to be working perfect now. Thanks for the quick response.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app

Update: The problem still exist. In my car the problem exist in my car when it is hooked up to my auxiliary radio input. Also only in my car If I use the Google play widget then the problem is as stated above. When I use headphones I don't notice the problem. Any suggestions?

Try downloading Kernel tweaker and change your governor to on demand.

In Samsung the word Note 2 is pronounced t0lte.

Reactions: manibengood

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
Just wanted to say thank you for over a hundred downloads of my final Unofficial KK build of DU. It may not seem like much, but it's really an excellent milestone. I hope y'all are still enjoying the build. Keep posting any errors you may have, so we can continue to help each other figure them out as well as we can. Hopefully, a stable lollipop build will be capable soon, and when it is, if official builds continue to be scarce for the t0lteatt, I'll likely give an unofficial build a try.

Have a good one!

neonymbus

Feb 25, 2012
Worthington
I said thanks once but I'm going to say it again. This ROM is by far the best rom I have ever used for my note 2.battery life, speed, the tweaks I mean this ROM is perfect. Thank you for the work you put in, it's greatly appreciated.

Sent from my WO3 SlimKat powered Note II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ///WARNING\\\
    I am not a developer or maintainer!
    I only compiled the ROM from source and can only attest to it running properly on my Note 2.
    I make no guarantees that the zip will even install on your device, nevertheless run without issue.
    Be warned that you flash this zip at your own risk and I refuse to take any responsibility for it bricking your phone,
    breaking any of your apps, missing calls or unable to make calls,
    becoming self-aware and making you it's slave, overheating the battery and making your pants explode,
    or any other issue that may not be as likely as these.
    \\\WARNING///

The thread for the official build of Dirty Unicorns for the t0lteatt (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2640856) maintained by JMZ hasn't been updated in quite some time and the Dirty Unicorns download site (http://download.dirtyunicorns.com/?device=t0lteatt&folder=Weeklies) hasn't posted a weekly for t0lteatt since July 21, so I chose to build my own flashable zip from source at https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat. I have had to make small changes to a couple of source files to get the zip to build, but everything still seems to work just fine, so I figured I'd post it for y'all to have a look at.

If you have any problems, you can go ahead and post your issue here to see if anyone can help you. I wouldn't post your problems in the official thread unless they're also problems faced with an official build. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to help you figure out your issue, or be able to squash any bugs you may find, but I'll try to do everything I can to help.

Of course... Credit goes out to TeamDirt for such a great ROM... JMZ and all the other maintainers who spend their own time to make sure this ROM is available on a variety of devices... All the various projects thanked and credited by JMZ in the official thread (sorry... I'm too lazy to list them myself, but if you feel I should list them, let me know and I will list them in the future)... And all of you who continue to have patience and loyalty with this great ROM. Thank you all!

Flashing Instructions:

* Dirty Unicorns recommends TWRP, but I use Philz Touch recovery and it works just fine.
    * Download ROM and GAPPS from the links below.
    * Reboot into recovery.
    * Full wipe: Wipe cache, dalvik, wipe data/factory reset, clean to install a new rom.
    * Flash ROM and GAPPS.
    * Reboot into system.
    * Enjoy!

Downloads:

ROM Download Link: Click Here

GAPPS Download Link: Click Here

I hope you enjoy this and let me know if you run into any issues. Have a good one!

gamu9eja.jpg
    Well y'all... v8.1 will be the last version of DU KitKat as DU transitions to Lollipop. What this means for us? Commits should be limited for now on, so builds will be as well. There's enough open commits to warrant another UNOFFICIAL build if they are merged, but if they stall like the September 3 commits, I may try incorporating them as cherry picks, along with the September 3 commits, into a custom build. So that means, one, maybe two, builds left for this thread.

How about Lollipop? Well... The Lollipop builds are still weeks, if not months, away, so one way or another, there will be a break in builds. Even once the Lollipop branch is ready, it'll likely be a while before t0lte is added as a supported device, if a maintainer chooses to maintain it.

Finally... Once I've posted my final KitKat build, I may decide to work on building for other ROMs during the interim, although I would imagine most custom ROMs will be ending their development of KitKat as they get ready for Lollipop, so I may just mothball my build environment until I can build for Lollipop. I would be more than willing to continue to build DU for Lollipop, but I'm guessing that if our device continues to be maintained, the maintainer will likely make weekly builds available, so my builds shouldn't be necessary.

So what am I babbling about? Basically... In a very uncondensed way... I'm explaining that within the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting what could be my last publically available build for the foreseeable future. I've rather enjoyed keeping Dirty Unicorns updated on the t0lteatt for that past couple of months and thank you all for being so supportive.

Have a good one!
    Just wanted to say thank you for over a hundred downloads of my final Unofficial KK build of DU. It may not seem like much, but it's really an excellent milestone. I hope y'all are still enjoying the build. Keep posting any errors you may have, so we can continue to help each other figure them out as well as we can. Hopefully, a stable lollipop build will be capable soon, and when it is, if official builds continue to be scarce for the t0lteatt, I'll likely give an unofficial build a try.

Have a good one!
    New build available... https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18842

This is a new version number, so I recommend a full flash, even though I know some of you will still do a dirty flash and a few might have no issues, but that's just my recommendation.
    New build up... https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18842
    If may be okay to do a dirty flash, but if you have any problems, please try a clean install. Thank you.

Have a good one!