[ROM][I317/t0lteatt][4.4.4][UNOFFICIAL] Dirty Unicorns v8.2 [Final] (11/21/2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
You seem to have forgotten to put it in the download ?

How's it running for you? Any major issues?

Sent from the Great White North.

No download yet. It's still very beta, so there's a few errors. Most of them are similar or same as CM12 builds, but a couple are issues that's already been resolved in CM12, so trying to see if I can figure them out before uploading a zip for download. Also, very few features have been ported to DU so far, so the build is so far fairly close to stock AOSP. I'll be posting updates soon.

Have a good one!

Reactions: Old Man Dave

parakleet

Mar 2, 2011
Sorry I haven't been around lately... Been busy with other projects... I'm a sucker for punishment, I guess... Oh well...

Parakleet... The APN ya wanna use if you're on an at&t plan is ATT Phone. If that doesn't work for ya, try the others until ya find one that does. About your other issues... I'm afraid it would seem that you're having issues unique to your device and no one may be able to correct those for ya... Sorry m8... You've already exhausted the troubleshooting available... Full clean wipe and reflash... Don't use Xposed... Don't use a custom kernel... Check the md5sum of the ROM before flashing... Use a recent custom recovery to flash the ROM... Avoid manually editing system files... Use a tested and approved GAPPS... Don't restore system files or data... Try wiping cache and dalvik again... Unfortunately, I have no further suggestions to offer. I hope you are either able to somehow find a solution to your issues, or find a ROM that can give you the performance you are looking for. Good luck!

Welp... I hope everyone else's devices are treating y'all well. Type at y'all soon! Have a good one!

Hopped around to a couple of over ROMs but came back for the superior performance and features.

Timely app was the culprit for the alarm clock icon always reappearing, gone.
Gravity Box was the culprit for the NAVBar reappering, gone.

Shawnki91

Oct 17, 2012
I can't believe I missed this ROM. I felt like I had tried all ROMs until I came across this one. It has amazing performance. Absolutely everything works, Very very stable! Using as my daily driver now!

Assassyn

Mar 5, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
I've noticed that recently I've been getting a lot of system ui force closes. The phone screen goes blank and takes me back to the lock screen. Sometimes I've been able to avoid it by sliding down the status bar and using quick settings to go to system settings, then pressed the home button. I've also gotten a coma issue as well, but not very frequently. In regards to the system ui fc's, would using a CM11 theme I purchased cause issues? I'm asking so I can try to experiment with different things, not to point fingers.

Shawnki91

Oct 17, 2012
I've noticed that recently I've been getting a lot of system ui force closes. The phone screen goes blank and takes me back to the lock screen. Sometimes I've been able to avoid it by sliding down the status bar and using quick settings to go to system settings, then pressed the home button. I've also gotten a coma issue as well, but not very frequently. In regards to the system ui fc's, would using a CM11 theme I purchased cause issues? I'm asking so I can try to experiment with different things, not to point fingers.

I had issues with some themes FC-ing my system UI. The stock look is just fine for me. As for SOD (or coma as you referred to it), I flashed the Shift kernel and have had no issues. The stock kernel should be just fine though.

parakleet

Mar 2, 2011
TWRP version

I had issues with some themes FC-ing my system UI. The stock look is just fine for me. As for SOD (or coma as you referred to it), I flashed the Shift kernel and have had no issues. The stock kernel should be just fine though.

Same here.

If I recall correctly I found that using an older TWRP version resolved this issue for me.

Assassyn

Mar 5, 2012
Cincinnati, OH

Thanks for your help. Oddly enough one thing that worked was patience. I flashed the ROM and let it sit for like 5-10 minutes before doing anything else. I've been able to get all my apps installed, make some changes in Dirty Tweaks, apply the theme that previously caused me issues. The only thing I haven't done yet is install xsposed. That made my theme only partially applied throughout the ROM before. I'll try later on tonight and post my results. Thanks again :D

parakleet

Mar 2, 2011
Thanks for your help. Oddly enough one thing that worked was patience. I flashed the ROM and let it sit for like 5-10 minutes before doing anything else. I've been able to get all my apps installed, make some changes in Dirty Tweaks, apply the theme that previously caused me issues. The only thing I haven't done yet is install xsposed. That made my theme only partially applied throughout the ROM before. I'll try later on tonight and post my results. Thanks again :D

Oh yeah the flash and sit.
Sitting is a big deal.

Tread Lightly with Xposed.

As AzraelsKiss pointed out to me earlier Xposed doesnt mix with this rom.
I have it working but not the way i did before.

Basically any module that performs whole sale changes ie Gravity Box or Wanam is out of the question.

Little module though seem to work without issue for me, greenify and 3C toolbox....

Only issue I have is for some reason the Email app just stop working.

Assassyn

Mar 5, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Sitting is a big deal.

Basically any module that performs whole sale changes ie Gravity Box or Wanam is out of the question.

Little module though seem to work without issue for me, greenify and 3C toolbox....

I know this setup is very loud, but I love the vibrant colors. This is one of the few 4.4.4 ROM's I've flashed and the nav bar icons actually changed. Getting xsposed to work without it reverting to the stock look is the reason I will be running this one for a while.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-23-06-06-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-23-06-06-34.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Screenshot_2015-02-23-06-06-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-23-06-06-54.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 214

parakleet

Mar 2, 2011
Email resolved

Sitting is a big deal.

In case anyo9ne else is having a similar issue.

Using this email apk my internal errors has gone away and I am now receiving email promptly once more.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/app-4-4-2-email-apk-exchange-pin-t2531268

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ///WARNING\\\
    I am not a developer or maintainer!
    I only compiled the ROM from source and can only attest to it running properly on my Note 2.
    I make no guarantees that the zip will even install on your device, nevertheless run without issue.
    Be warned that you flash this zip at your own risk and I refuse to take any responsibility for it bricking your phone,
    breaking any of your apps, missing calls or unable to make calls,
    becoming self-aware and making you it's slave, overheating the battery and making your pants explode,
    or any other issue that may not be as likely as these.
    \\\WARNING///

The thread for the official build of Dirty Unicorns for the t0lteatt (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2640856) maintained by JMZ hasn't been updated in quite some time and the Dirty Unicorns download site (http://download.dirtyunicorns.com/?device=t0lteatt&folder=Weeklies) hasn't posted a weekly for t0lteatt since July 21, so I chose to build my own flashable zip from source at https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns-KitKat. I have had to make small changes to a couple of source files to get the zip to build, but everything still seems to work just fine, so I figured I'd post it for y'all to have a look at.

If you have any problems, you can go ahead and post your issue here to see if anyone can help you. I wouldn't post your problems in the official thread unless they're also problems faced with an official build. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to help you figure out your issue, or be able to squash any bugs you may find, but I'll try to do everything I can to help.

Of course... Credit goes out to TeamDirt for such a great ROM... JMZ and all the other maintainers who spend their own time to make sure this ROM is available on a variety of devices... All the various projects thanked and credited by JMZ in the official thread (sorry... I'm too lazy to list them myself, but if you feel I should list them, let me know and I will list them in the future)... And all of you who continue to have patience and loyalty with this great ROM. Thank you all!

Flashing Instructions:

* Dirty Unicorns recommends TWRP, but I use Philz Touch recovery and it works just fine.
    * Download ROM and GAPPS from the links below.
    * Reboot into recovery.
    * Full wipe: Wipe cache, dalvik, wipe data/factory reset, clean to install a new rom.
    * Flash ROM and GAPPS.
    * Reboot into system.
    * Enjoy!

Downloads:

ROM Download Link: Click Here

GAPPS Download Link: Click Here

I hope you enjoy this and let me know if you run into any issues. Have a good one!

gamu9eja.jpg
    Well y'all... v8.1 will be the last version of DU KitKat as DU transitions to Lollipop. What this means for us? Commits should be limited for now on, so builds will be as well. There's enough open commits to warrant another UNOFFICIAL build if they are merged, but if they stall like the September 3 commits, I may try incorporating them as cherry picks, along with the September 3 commits, into a custom build. So that means, one, maybe two, builds left for this thread.

How about Lollipop? Well... The Lollipop builds are still weeks, if not months, away, so one way or another, there will be a break in builds. Even once the Lollipop branch is ready, it'll likely be a while before t0lte is added as a supported device, if a maintainer chooses to maintain it.

Finally... Once I've posted my final KitKat build, I may decide to work on building for other ROMs during the interim, although I would imagine most custom ROMs will be ending their development of KitKat as they get ready for Lollipop, so I may just mothball my build environment until I can build for Lollipop. I would be more than willing to continue to build DU for Lollipop, but I'm guessing that if our device continues to be maintained, the maintainer will likely make weekly builds available, so my builds shouldn't be necessary.

So what am I babbling about? Basically... In a very uncondensed way... I'm explaining that within the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting what could be my last publically available build for the foreseeable future. I've rather enjoyed keeping Dirty Unicorns updated on the t0lteatt for that past couple of months and thank you all for being so supportive.

Have a good one!
    Just wanted to say thank you for over a hundred downloads of my final Unofficial KK build of DU. It may not seem like much, but it's really an excellent milestone. I hope y'all are still enjoying the build. Keep posting any errors you may have, so we can continue to help each other figure them out as well as we can. Hopefully, a stable lollipop build will be capable soon, and when it is, if official builds continue to be scarce for the t0lteatt, I'll likely give an unofficial build a try.

Have a good one!
    New build available... https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18842

This is a new version number, so I recommend a full flash, even though I know some of you will still do a dirty flash and a few might have no issues, but that's just my recommendation.
    New build up... https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18842
    If may be okay to do a dirty flash, but if you have any problems, please try a clean install. Thank you.

Have a good one!