★ [Rom][I605VRUEMJ9][4.3] Stock Root Odex/Deodex [12/08/13]★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nh97103

Nov 25, 2012
Hey guys, I could use a little help here. I just flashed this ROM, and I had 3 odd things happen.

1. It flashed without a problem using CWM Recovery. Then, I went to reboot my phone and it said something like the phone might boot into stock recovery, and gave me the option to disable it or not. I clicked go back because I had no idea what to do, and then the phone booted up. After installing a few apps , I booted back into recovery and again went to reboot and that question reappeared. I clicked go back again, but this time that made a new question appear. It said something had happened to root (which was working fine when I had the phone on) and gave me the option to fix it or not. I clicked fix it and the phone booted up. Does anyone know what happened, and what options I should choose, should all that happen again?

2. Wifi worked flawlessly after installing the ROM. I thought I had to install the firmware package to get it to work? In any case, I flashed the zip that can be found a few comments back. But when I booted the phone up, wifi no longer worked. I clicked it and then it would just turn back off. So, should I just not install anything after the ROM if wifi works right away?

3. Lastly, my internal phone storage disappeared after wiping data through CWM Recovery, installing the ROM, and booting up the phone. Admittedly, I haven't messed with my phone a lot. I came from Beans 21, and when I wiped data and flashed that with CWM Recovery, Sdcard0 wasn't touched. In any case, the files weren't deleted because the memory was just as full as it was before. Furthermore, I could see all my old files in recovery. They were just invisible both while using the stock file browser and Root Browser.

If anyone could shed some light on these 3 things for me, I would be extremely grateful. Until I figure these things out, I have restored back to Beans 21.

Final note: I verified all md5s and wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache twice before flashing anything.

Last edited:

cliefan

Jul 4, 2007
Kalamazoo
I was running this great today until I loaded a website in the stock browser, reboot happened. :( ... I think it's back to sky note for me 0 issues on that one... Just cosmetics

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jdpeck

Mar 17, 2011
Flashed this and the Odin wifi file. Everything ran great, then one day somehow managed to get into safe mode. Got out of safe mode, relogged into everything and now wifi is not working. It's like before the Odin fix. Would safe mode mess up wifi or would it be something else?

Summit1

Jan 7, 2008
To the people not getting reboots, how do you know your phone isn't rebooting while in your pocket/holster/purse or while charging overnight?

Many of my random reboots happened while not using the phone.
The only way I knew the phone rebooted was by my trickster notification indicating my kernel settings were applied on boot.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
System Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> Uptime . . . tells me I am not getting any random reboots.

Reactions: mlin

athlet1c

Aug 23, 2007
City Near You
Flashed this and the Odin wifi file. Everything ran great, then one day somehow managed to get into safe mode. Got out of safe mode, relogged into everything and now wifi is not working. It's like before the Odin fix. Would safe mode mess up wifi or would it be something

Did you add any additional app ? When I added a bunch of Xposed framework and mods I had that problem. Not sure which one but it's working fine..

refuse2bstopped

Jul 27, 2008
Here's the link for the zipped MJ9 if you haven't already found it: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760974850

I initially flashed that file from recovery but still ended up without wifi. For some reason my wifi simply would not work until I flashed the .tar file that had to be flashed via odin. But since doing that, my wifi immediately started working. I've had one reboot, but aside from that I've been running flawlessly with the odexed version.

theleland

May 11, 2006
I've noticed that often after a random reboot my app feedly is gone... Not sure if that means anything.

jdpeck

Mar 17, 2011
Flashed this and the Odin wifi file. Everything ran great, then one day somehow managed to get into safe mode. Got out of safe mode, relogged into everything and now wifi is not working. It's like before the Odin fix. Would safe mode mess up wifi or would it be something

Did you add any additional app ? When I added a bunch of Xposed framework and mods I had that problem. Not sure which one but it's working fine..

No exposed. It's a pretty bare bones install

TheDiabolicaL1

Nov 17, 2011
Anyone on an official ota-what's your kernel build date?

Wrong thread, but question remains..

Edit: November 19th. They've been sitting on this one for a while...

Last edited:

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
Anyone on an official ota-what's your kernel build date?

Wrong thread, but question remains..

Edit: November 19th. They've been sitting on this one for a while...

Depends on what you consider a reasonable period for thorough testing... A month doesn't seem that long but I would expect that after a month they would've realized the buggy ness of the build.

nh97103

Nov 25, 2012
I hate to repost this, but I really only need some help with these two things, so I shortened this. Anyway, I could use a little help here. I just flashed this ROM, and I had a couple odd things happen.

1. It flashed without a problem using CWM Recovery. Then, I went to reboot my phone and it said something like the phone might boot into stock recovery, and gave me the option to disable it or not. I clicked go back because I had no idea what to do, and then the phone booted up. After installing a few apps , I booted back into recovery and again went to reboot and that question reappeared. I clicked go back again, but this time that made a new question appear. It said something had happened to root (which was working fine when I had the phone on) and gave me the option to fix it or not. I clicked fix it and the phone booted up. Does anyone know what happened, and what options I should choose, should all that happen again?

2. Wifi worked flawlessly after installing the ROM. I thought I had to install the firmware package to get it to work? In any case, I flashed the zip that can be found a few comments back. But when I booted the phone up, wifi no longer worked. I clicked it and then it would just turn back off. So, should I just not install anything after the ROM if wifi works right away?

If anyone could shed some light on these two things for me, I would be eternally grateful.

Final note: I verified all md5s and wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache twice before flashing anything.

stueycaster

Aug 19, 2011
Indianapolis
I hate to repost this, but I really only need some help with these two things, so I shortened this. Anyway, I could use a little help here. I just flashed this ROM, and I had a couple odd things happen.

If anyone could shed some light on these two things for me, I would be eternally grateful.

I always wipe System too. It doesn't wipe System Media when I do. Also I've always used TWRP Recovery on my Note 2. CWM worked fine on my Droid Charge so I won't say there's something wrong with it. Some people prefer it. I'm just saying what worked for me.

Also since I disabled KLMS Agent and switched to the On Demand Governor it's been relatively trouble free. The only FC's I've had were on apps that I restored with TiBu.

Last edited:
Reactions: nh97103

biyobe

Apr 29, 2011
Denver
noticed the same damn thing just a few minutes ago when reading a text,
started working on it, here it is,
this is the hole package for it system wide
phone
contacts
mms
flash and proffit

anonymous_contact-unknown.zip - 37.95 MB

Hey runandhide, any guess if this might work on [4.3][PORT]DN3(Ditto Note 3) ROM from Electron Team(E-team)? I believe the contacts/phone is N3 based so guessing it may not workout the same?? Not a big deal, but trying out the DN3 for now and dang that stock contact photo is lame! ha! :)

Reactions: highwaybandit

nbock01

Dec 19, 2007
redoing this via the tar that just hit kies so hopefully it kills any of the bugs u guys have been having

also am uploading the tar file for adam so he can see if he can get the unlock working on 4.3 :D

Can you do a diff on the one from today to the one you released? See if the where any changes.

savaytse66

Oct 8, 2009
redoing this via the tar that just hit kies so hopefully it kills any of the bugs u guys have been having

also am uploading the tar file for adam so he can see if he can get the unlock working on 4.3 :D

Nice! Glad to see you still around. Still content on b22, but looking forward to what all the devs can do with this!

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
Can you do a diff on the one from today to the one you released? See if the where any changes.

ya i plan on it

Nice! Glad to see you still around. Still content on b22, but looking forward to what all the devs can do with this!

ya still here just wanted this to go official before i did anything with it so i didnt have to rebase again :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Stock Root Flashable Version Of the newest JellyBean 4.3 I605VRUEMJ9

Requirements: You must have an unlocked bootloader this contains a modified kernel.

The Time Has Come!!!! 4.3 is Here!! :D

Features:
    Rooted
    insecure boot.img
    BusyBox
    Zipaligned
    Deodexed/Odex
    Init.d support
    Bash
    Sqlite3
    Nano
    adb as root
    Bootanimation.zip support
    Removed Verizon Update Ability
    Removed Vzw Navigator + Tunes
    Removed Knox Apks

Odex Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760974326

md5: 32fcc7924973e92fffe4bfe61857d332

DeOdex Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760974325

md5: 50a815e2284a728a344ea57d72ad08b9

You Need to Flash This Firmware Package Via Odin to get the new modem and to get wifi to work
    Firmware: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760974329

Disclaimer: no apks have been edited this is a full stock rom that you would expect to get from verizon minus some the knox crap, If You use this as a Base For your rom please give credit where it is due, other than that feel free to use this as u see fit. thanks guys

Thanks to:
    kwhodson - for dumping the files from his phone (apparently verizon only likes him)
    Dsixda - for the kitchen used to deodex
    ChainFire - for superSU

On Another Note!: WE BEAT YA VERIZON! Beans Can Push an OTA Faster Than you can and i dont even get paid lol :(
    2q02dg9.png
    Here is the your Tether Guys,

Steps ( not that many of you need them )
    download zip
    place zip on phone ( if you didnt download from phone )
    reboot into recovery
    install zip
    (since this is the framework-res.apk i ALWAYS suggest you wipe cache and dlvk)
    reboot
    now native tethering works,
    Kill that Data usage!!!

Remove Carrier Provisioning check for Tether

Tether_MJ9-framework.zip - 45.26 MB
    MD5
    fca707ae8ca9ecd8fed64cea2940898b

And just incase there is any unseen issues i havent found yet here is a restore zip of stock framework
    Stock_MJ9-framework.zip - 23.01 MB
    MD5
    c1508272bf596e7e9875b0a05852e6cc
    new version is being tested now it includes official firmware package removes padding and gives us the official params.bin. odex is pretty close to same has a cpl errors fixed. deodex was done a little differently and has errors fixed as well it is recomended to use the newer version i am gonna post. when its uploaded i will close this thread and make a new "official" one
    Hey Beans hope you don't mind.. I will be putting up a thread soon..ALL WORKS!!! N3 Features..

big NEWS here...

ALL works!! On MJ9 base!! Stand BY for thread!

Screenshot_2013-12-13-10-36-15_zps8066d9cc.png
    [/URL][/IMG]

Screenshot_2013-12-13-10-36-35_zpsf07c12a0.png
    [/URL][/IMG]

Screenshot_2013-12-13-10-36-40_zps71cb6696.png
    [/URL][/IMG]

Screenshot_2013-12-13-10-37-02_zpsafb0bff9.png
    [/URL][/IMG]

Screenshot_2013-12-13-10-38-16_zpsa6ad50d5.png
    [/URL][/IMG]

Screenshot_2013-12-13-10-38-31_zps6e7bdf56.png
    [/URL][/IMG]