[ROM] I8700XXJK1 Firmware

Search This thread

Kostija

Feb 13, 2011
yeah, you should still be able to use it as long as you have the german marketplace.
I chose a US live id and cant find Navigon in that market anymore.

omer1982

Oct 10, 2008
Lahore
Help!

I have a faulty bootloader. I was hesitant to try the JIG method but then i went into diagnosis mode by entering *#7284# and selected USB debugging. There was an active COM 8 port and i uploaded the files. Whenever i press the start button to initiate the process this message appears in front of COM 8 green icon "Confirm Model Name" and nothing happens. Do u guys have any idea??

Casey_boy

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 2, 2010
I have a faulty bootloader. I was hesitant to try the JIG method but then i went into diagnosis mode by entering *#7284# and selected USB debugging. There was an active COM 8 port and i uploaded the files. Whenever i press the start button to initiate the process this message appears in front of COM 8 green icon "Confirm Model Name" and nothing happens. Do u guys have any idea??

There's no need to post twice (here and in the guide) about the same issue. You just clog things up :rolleyes:

Also, the answer to your question is literally on the page before this one...

Casey

slysy

Jan 7, 2011
I've just installed NoDo on my 3UK branded Omnia7 and it went from JIC/JID firmware to JK1. So it seems that JK1 is included in the NoDo update.

Advantage of installing this way:
You keep all your data
You don't risk warranty invalidation

Disadvantages:
You have to wait for NoDo to be rolled out to you
Branding is not removed (I still get 3 splash screen)
Your carrier can still potentially delay/block future updates.

gc48067

Aug 21, 2008
Has anyone seen a UK version of JK1? I've for the XEN version which works but doesn't know who giffgaff are (picks up as O2 pre-pay in the Network selection apps and MMS won't work)?

slysy

Jan 7, 2011
Has anyone seen a UK version of JK1? I've for the XEN version which works but doesn't know who giffgaff are (picks up as O2 pre-pay in the Network selection apps and MMS won't work)?

Giffgaf is not in the UK xml for the Network Selection app. imo your best bet is to install Samsung Tools (homebrew) and enable ADC (and remove Network Selection app)

Last edited:

stan2

Nov 5, 2006
Hello,
I've got myself a XXJJ6 model and I want to flash to XXJK1. My concern is that currently my phone is unlocked with everything. When I flash to this XXJK1 rom, will it remain unlocked?

Also, does it improve the Wifi/Bluetooth problem if anyone can varify for me? Currently my Omnia 7 bluetooth cracks up when the wifi is on at the same time, so a3dp streaming keep cracking up sound.

thanks in advance.

forgot one more thing, I'm in California and on the ATT network if that matter?

Last edited:

An9eluS

Sep 1, 2008
London
Your network lock cant be affected by flashing a new rom, the state of that is dictated by the cellular chip itself on the mobo of the handset. Once you've used an unlock it's set to open and stays that way.
If you bought it unlocked it will always be that way. There may be a way to actually lock it again yourself but to be honest, who would!

schaeaef

Dec 28, 2007
I have CSC:i8700DTMJJ6 rom on my Samsung Omnia 7 right now. Which Firmware can I flash to loose my branding?!

stan2

Nov 5, 2006
I have CSC:i8700DTMJJ6 rom on my Samsung Omnia 7 right now. Which Firmware can I flash to loose my branding?!

I had the same branding as your. But I just flashed it with this XXJK1 (XENJK1) ROM, working well so far. Although I still cannot get the NoDo update which people say unbranded phone should get :(

nintendolinky

May 7, 2009
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Hi im in theUK and have a faulty bootloader, does anyone know a quick easy way to get hold a usbjig, or how to make one, as the guide on the first page is confusing, can the stuff be bought in maplins lol.

VonCrisp

Oct 13, 2010
From what I gather you can just get the right resistor. Take an old usb cable... free the wires and attach the right ones to the resistor... plug in.

'finding' the right wires is easier said then done! ;D

Havent tried it myself. Was lucky with my bootloader.

Or go to a samsung partner/ repair center and ask them to flash your device.

You will automatically get the newest version KA1.. which isnt even out in the wild yet! Or you get lucky and get an even newer version which includes the post nodo update!

M

Mordanius

Hi,

just flashed to Firmware Version I8700XXJK1 using that USB-JIG.

Worked wonderful. Before that, I had to use the standard T-Mobile ROM.

But now I have one question to you guys:

With that new Firmware I8700XXJK1 I have no longer that switch to toggle between 3G(+) and Edge.

Can anybody copy that, is that normal ?

Greets

panzercool

Sep 12, 2008
Upgraded from JJ6 to JK1 ! Got rid of the T-Mobile crap :) Had to use the JIG to get into the download mode.

Got the pre-nodo update immediately ! Waiting for the NoDo

Radio performance seems to have improved and data connection timeouts have reduced.

Wish there could be 3G toggle option too coz 3G is very expensive in my area :(

Cheers !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wanted to say that I flashed my device and all went well. Phew!! Network access (Internet Explorer / Marketplace) is noticably faster.

A few notes for people who are scared to perform a ROM upgrade and who are not experienced ROM flashers, like me. Some of these notes are in previous posts, but I'll aggregate them here for convenience:

• First I had to make a jig, because I had a 'bad' bootloader, which did not allow me to go in download-mode. I used this guide. If you're gonna do that too, then you should pay attention to these things:
      1. The guide refers to pin 4 and 5 being closest to the headphone socket. But on the omnia 7, the headphone and micro-usb sockets are the other way around if you compare it to the Galaxy S. The guide is for the Galaxy S, so you should really pay attention to which pins you solder the resistor(s). This is the best picture on how you should solder the resistor(s).

2. Many micro-usb cables have no wire for pin 4. Some connectors don't even have a pin 4. You should first verify that your connector has all 5 pins. If you only have 4 wires, then you have to dismantle the connector and solder directly on the back of the connector.
      I switched off my Omnia 7. I plugged in my jig and it went to downloadmode immediately.

• For flashing I downloaded XENJK1 (see threadstart) for the European version, the flash program, the drivers and the pdf guide. Following the guide is quite simple and comes down to the following steps.

DISCLAIMER / WARNING: These steps are only for informational purposes only. Please read the official guide thoroughly. I will not take any responsibility for damages caused directly or indirectly by following these steps!!
      1. Switch off the phone and disconnect it.
      2. Get the phone into downloadmode by either inserting the jig or use the 3-key-combination. You can immediately remove the jig when it is in downloadmode.
      3. Start the flash program on your PC.
      4. Connect the phone to your PC. You should see the drivers being installed and the see an active COM connection in the flash-tool.
      5. Select the four files from firmware archive that you downloaded.
      6. Click start.
      Now all should go automatically. But there were some steps that scared me. After phone rebooted for the fist time during the process it first showed me a Samsung Omnia logo and then a screen with a phone and a computer with an arrow and a red cross over the arrow. This may look like something is wrong, but this is ok. After a few moments you'll see another progressbar and when it's finished your phone will reboot again. The update looks to be finished and after that reboot your phone will ask for the primary configuration settings. In the meanwhile the flash-program is still showing me a progressbar for "Rebuilding". I guess it does that so you don't disconnect it yet. To be sure I just waited for that progressbar to finish too.
    After the reboot, only few data has survived the flash. That is: only the data on remote servers, like your contacts, calendar and email. All other apps, data and settings are gone! Keep that in mind.

The first few minutes of use, the phone did not react very smooth. I guess there were some background threads active for initialization purposes. After a few minutes of usage all was smooth again.
    Here are some download mirrors I found for the new I8700XXJK1 firmware:

http://www.multiupload.com/OGUYF4F3VA (CSC: XENJK1)

http://www.multiupload.com/7TDCJIN615 (CSC: BSEJK1)

These are apparently unbranded and work with Samsung's Network Profile Tool. :)

Password is: samfirmware.com

To enter download mode: Press and hold: VOL UP + CAMERA + POWER (Let go of POWER button when device turns on while keeping other 2 buttons pressed)
    When you see the 'Samsung Omnia 7' startup screen, count 5 seconds then let go of VOL UP + CAMERA.
    I have successfully booted into "download mode", but it has remained on the "Do not turn off, it takes about 10 minutes" screen for over 20 minutes now. What do I do next?

You just read the WIKI on how to flash the ROM.

Then you open the WP7 Installer, mount the Images (4 files), make sure you have a COM-connection to the phone and press "start".
    bloody hell, wish i can flash my rom.. i can't get into download mode i brought my phone of the internet and no idea where its from.. either its from france or germany

There are quite a few of us with this issue and it seems to be very random with what phones have the issue, even some from the same provider work and don't work.

I have noticed if you just power on the phone and hold only the camera button you get to the same screen.

So they have definitely disabled volume up + camera combination :(
    How can I check which fw I have on right now?
    And when I put on new firmware will I get back to version 7004?
    Because I already have nodo load right now and there's no way to unlock it :)

Thx!

To check firmware version do *#1234# in diagnosis app.