CyanogenMod 13 nightlies started, checkout its thread!
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading * cause of male impotence. */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
- Root is now disabled by default on CM12.1. To enable it go to Settings>Developer Options>Root access and set to Apps only or Apps and ADB.
- CyanogenMod 12.1 comes with Cyanogen Recovery by default, if you don't like it you can flash alternative recoveries using IsoRec
I'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
- Are running a custom kernel
- Have flashed mods
- Modified system files
- Didn't follow my instructions
- Are unfriendly
Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/I9100_Info
Known Issues: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Known_Issues_page_for_i9100
First time installation instructions:
- Download CM-12.1-XXXXXXXX-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip to your sdcard
- Make sure you're using a Kitkat Compatible Recovery
- Boot into Recovery
- Wipe all your data
- Flash CM-12.1-XXXXXXXX-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip from sdcard
- (Optional)Flash Google Apps.zip from sdcard
CM12.1 official nightly builds:
Recommended Google Apps:
Choose Pico version to fit in the /system partition.
If you like my work, consider making a small donation
CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: Kitkat Compatible Recovery
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2016-02-04