• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][I9100][OFFICIAL][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

Sub_Zero2

Jun 28, 2010
Sørreisa
Samsung Galaxy S9
I have issues with the front camera - it doesn't respond, I believe it's a replacement issue, but does anyone confirm? The primary camera works fine.
Anyways the problem is that i can't use my camera app at all because it got stuck on the front camera, and each time I open the app it tries to connect to the front camera and then after a few seconds my phone reboots.
So is there a way outside the app to configure the app to start from the primary camera?
You can try to delete the data and cache for the camera app

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Draky50110

Jan 30, 2011
Cherbourg-Octeville
www.parigotmanchot.fr
I just flashed the last build and got problem with displaying images in gallery.

I told the camera to save on SD card and no album is displayed in gallery app.

In camera, I can swipe to right and see previous images taken
In Telegram, I can't display images it shows .an error message for each item...

Gartenkralle

Feb 13, 2017
I just flashed the last build and got problem with displaying images in gallery.

I told the camera to save on SD card and no album is displayed in gallery app.

In camera, I can swipe to right and see previous images taken
In Telegram, I can't display images it shows .an error message for each item...

I don´t have these Problems, i save my images on SD Card. Also Telegram works fine so far.

Reactions: Netto14cr

sanyigz

Oct 5, 2016
With the newest nightly build (march 15), the camera app saves location only if a gps application used just before. If no GPS user application started, then no location saved to pictures. In CM13 the camera app itself used the GPS, but if not, the last known location was always saved.
I want it to work like in CM 13. But how?

Draky50110

Jan 30, 2011
Cherbourg-Octeville
www.parigotmanchot.fr
Ok, I found my error : I don't have any problem with Telegram.

Problem is with Messenger (Facebook app) : when selecting "image icon", it display a gray square for each photo with written "can't access media".

Uninstalled and reinstalled, trying to disable permissions then re enable but it does not work :/

MigoMujahid

Aug 31, 2015
New York
Ok, I found my error : I don't have any problem with Telegram.

Problem is with Messenger (Facebook app) : when selecting "image icon", it display a gray square for each photo with written "can't access media".

Uninstalled and reinstalled, trying to disable permissions then re enable but it does not work :/
An advise from me:
Don't use latest versions of Facebook messenger app, it's completely incompatible with almost everyone, right now I'm using version 99.0.0.20.136, it's working great.

Doc73

Nov 28, 2016
Pisa
Hi!
This is what I'm battling with too, installed pico + a lot of apps (messenger, two mail profile, etc.)
Battery Stat apps doesn't show any apps / system apps using battery, but still 4-5%/hour, and around 2 hour wake in a 10 hour period.
"Keep wifi on during sleep" menu doesn't work, wifi is always on even if I set ti to switch off during sleep.
With wifi switched off, it's a little better, but it's a lot worse than CM13.
Even when I use it it drains battery much faster than CM13.
My profile is balanced, I don't use Power saver, because it restricts background data, and... well.. it's a smartphone, I expect it to notify me of incoming messages and emails.
I'll make a clean install every time a new nightly comes out, and test it further.
With latest weekly (15 or 16 march), the battery drain seems solved! :)

Reactions: Netto14cr

Wachicamo

May 9, 2013
Now it's impossible for me to download a ROM directly from LOS. My bandwidth worked great until now. And this only happens in LOS Download section.
screenshot_481.jpg

Before, it was 2 mins to download a ROM. Is the primary server collapsed or something?

Thanks in advance.

MigoMujahid

Aug 31, 2015
New York
Now it's impossible for me to download a ROM directly from LOS. My bandwidth worked great until now. And this only happens in LOS Download section.

Before, it was 2 mins to download a ROM. Is the primary server collapsed or something?

Thanks in advance.
Downloading works great for me and in the full speed of my internet connection, try other browser or maybe a download manager, might be a browser issue.

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
Which issues do you experience which should be fixed by those commits?

I admit that I'm not sure but maybe it fix some of the problems in my log:
Code:
--------- beginning of system
[ 03-15 01:43:31.875  2373: 2387 V/ActivityManager ]
Attempted to start a foreground service (ComponentInfo{fm.a2d.sf/fm.a2d.sf.svc_svc}) with a broken notification (no icon: Notification(pri=0 contentView=fm.a2d.sf/0x109008c vibrate=null sound=null defaults=0x0 flags=0x40 color=0x00000000 vis=PRIVATE))

Code:
[ 03-15 01:43:43.502  4489: 4774 W/sfcomuti ]
ms_sleep: ms: 101

[ 03-15 01:43:43.503  4489: 4774 W/System.err ]
java.lang.InterruptedException

at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)

at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Thread.java:371)

at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Thread.java:313)

at fm.a2d.sf.com_uti.ms_sleep(com_uti.java:322)

at fm.a2d.sf.svc_aud$3.run(svc_aud.java:890)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:761)

[ 03-15 01:43:43.503  4489: 4774 E/sfcomuti ]
ms_sleep: Exception e: java.lang.InterruptedException

s2l9100

Mar 4, 2017
Hello,

After the update from 03.15.2017 when I try to switch from "Balanced" to "Power save" profile, the "Extreme power save" activates automatically - is that normal?
Before that update my phone was always on "Power save", but "Extreme power save" was OFF.
If both are normally the same why they have different names and at one place two available options in order to be enabled/disabled.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

toy_story

Feb 5, 2017
Tambov
Is the latest modem for this phone this? I9100XXMS4
Is it safe to use with this ROM?

Hi, the choice of modem depends more on the country where you are, the place, the mobile operator and what preferred connection you are using 2G or 3G.
I'm considering the choice of modem for each individual, and there are no standard rules!
While you find a suitable modem for yourself, forget what the first was!

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
Hi, the choice of modem depends more on the country where you are, the place, the mobile operator and what preferred connection you are using 2G or 3G.
I'm considering the choice of modem for each individual, and there are no standard rules!
While you find a suitable modem for yourself, forget what the first was!
Hi, I know about this, I don't ask about signal or GPS speed.

I'm just asking if there are know incompatibilities or bugs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    ** Your warranty is now void.
    ** We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    ** thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    ** do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    ** before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    ** you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    **/

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    Root is not included by default on LineageOS 14.1. You need to install an add-on via recovery. You only need to install this once. You can download the SU add-on here
    After installation go to Settings>Developer Options>Root access and set to Apps only or Apps and ADB.

LineageOS comes with LineageOS Recovery by default, if you don't like it (like me ;)) you can flash alternative recoveries using IsoRec. You really need 1GB /system partition. The smallest build-configuration is larger than 512mb. You can use ODIN, but you can also use Lanchon's REPIT.

If you're interested in BLN, check this thread for a complete support of this feature.
    If you're interested to go to emulated-storage, check this thread.

Official LineageOS Wiki: http://wiki.lineageos.org/
    Changelog: https://www.lineageoslog.com/14.1/i9100

LineageOS official nightly builds
    https://download.lineageos.org/i9100

Google Apps:
    http://opengapps.org/

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 14.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    rINanDO, lysergic acid, serenitys
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-02-13
    Last Updated 2017-04-20
    [i9100] Useful fixes for LineageOS 14.1 [7.1.2]

[i9100] Useful fixes for LineageOS 14.1 [7.1.2]
    I am very glad that you are here!
    It may be helpful to you:
    Scripts moved here ...
    Hi all,

:D I'm just dropping an image and a link :D
    Click here!
    i9100_-_first_boot.jpg
    Hi there you all diehard S2 users,

As a few of you all users know, last couple months I'm working and testing PegasusQ-governor with a new PowerHAL. I'm planning to make this the default governor instead of on-demand to get same performance and better battery life. I resolved the issue PegasusQ with the 150Mhz fix of zeitferne so it is stable to use.

What does the new PowerHAL?
    Currently the PowerHAL does this:
    • Powersave : conservative governor
    • Balanced: On-demand governor
    • Performance: performance governor

The new PowerHAL supports PegasusQ governor by tweaking its settings (like its big brother i9300 does):
    • Powersave : PegasusQ freq limited to 600Mhz
    • Balanced: PegasusQ freq standard profile
    • Performance: PegasusQ fixed freq 1200Mhz (still drops to 800Mhz when CPU is getting hot. This is by-design and not managed by governor)
    Also we will have PegasusQ boosting:
    • Frequency will be boosted for 2 secs when an app launches
    • Frequency will be shortly boosted when interacting with the device for more responsiveness
    • Less aggressive profile when the display is turned off to save battery (using max 1 cpu max 600Mhz in PowerSave)

I'm planning to submit the following commits in next weekly, but I want to notify you all first about these changes:
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/168813/
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/168815/

What I like to know is if PegasusQ is really improving battery and/or performance when we set it to default governor.
    It must be set to default governor (at boot) because of the permissions which needs to be set at boottime.
    Otherwise the PowerHAL doesn't have permissions to tweak PegasusQ and we miss all the nice features.
    When the experience with PegasusQ is poor, I will revert the commits so we switch back to on-demand.

• For those who wants to test PegasusQ + new PowerHAL right now, download my unofficial build here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195918750
    • For those who wants to test performance with Official build: Keep track of your battery life until next weekly and compare after you updated officially
    • For those who don't want take any risk with PegasusQ until tested: Don't update your phone at least 2 weeks

In my case I got about 10% more battery life and PowerSave now actually saves power. However Antutu Benchmark maxed out at about 18100 (instead of 19500 with ondemand).
    I hope this will be the also the case on your devices.
    @the.gangster: I think it can just put LineageOS recovery two times, and since it is an option it can be disabled by the user.
    And maybe it can be extended to auto-flash it when the phone come from a not-IsoRec kernel but it is just my opinion.

---------- Post added at 02:12 ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 ----------

@rINanDO
    They have removed us: https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/161752/
    I hope someone fix sepolicies before the next nightly build raid.
    It is already fixed. The faulty commit is reverted and I requested to add our device again. https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/162099/