• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][i9100][OMS][7.1.2][OFFICIAL]crDroid Android[13/07/2017]

Search This thread

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg
How to install crDroid keyboard in RR ROM

You returned to me my idea, but thx enyway. In fact I allready did it, but got an error message loop from keyboard and I had to reflash the rom. The trick which worked with cLock, with keyboard didn't.
Indeed, now I recognize your name - sorry :) I will check it out for you in the next days. The AICP keyboard works fine in crDroid.

Edit: It's a simple thing - now here we go ;)

First take your root filemanager. Copy the attached file in the folder system/app/LatinIME - the original file will be overwritten (or copy it out of the folder as a backup). Reboot your phone and voilà :laugh: Here is the keyboard with the number row from crDroid and works perfect. Have fun!

Attachments

• LatinIME.apk
    16.7 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:

lexus46

Jul 20, 2015
Indeed, now I recognize your name - sorry :) I will check it out for you in the next days. The AICP keyboard works fine in crDroid.

Edit: It's a simple thing - now here we go ;)

First take your root filemanager. Copy the attached file in the folder system/app/LatinIME - the original file will be overwritten (or copy it out of the folder as a backup). Reboot your phone and voilà :laugh: Here is the keyboard with the number row from crDroid and works perfect. Have fun!

Serious? The LatinIME app is the keyboard app? If it's an apk, can I simply install as an update? Do you know some Marshmallow rom with similar keyboard to extract this apk from? I still use AICP MM rom for the moment because I don't like Nougat yet and I want that keyboard for MM. And I think this one what you uploaded doesn't work with MM. Thx in advance.
Edit: Yes, definitely not works on MM.

Last edited:

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg
Do you know some Marshmallow rom with similar keyboard to extract this apk from? I still use AICP MM rom for the moment because I don't like Nougat yet and I want that keyboard for MM. And I think this one what you uploaded doesn't work with MM. Thx in advance.
Edit: Yes, definitely not works on MM.
Oh, sorry - that was a big misunderstanding. I had overlooked "Marshmallow" :silly: Now I realize why this does not work with your ROM. The keyboards are not downward compatible. But you can try it with the Google Keyboard (Gboard). So you can add the number row, if it runs correctly with MM.

Last edited:

lexus46

Jul 20, 2015
Oh, sorry - that was a big misunderstanding. I had overlooked "Marshmallow" :silly: Now I realize why this does not work with your ROM. The keyboards are not downward compatible. But you can try it with the Google Keyboard (Gboard). So you can add the number row, if it runs correctly with MM.

No-no, I want that keyboard on Nougat too when I shall switch to Nougat rom. But I tryed the file you attached an hour ago (I installed RR 5.8.2 just for try) and overwrited just like you told me, but didn't worked for me, sorry. After reboot, the keyboard didn't show up when I tried to write a message. Then I simply installed the apk like an update for system app and reboot. After that I got FC message every time I tried to write something. For now I shall try Gboard. Thanks.
Edit: Gboard works well on MM and looks good for me. Thx again for hint.

Last edited:

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg
But I tryed the file you attached an hour ago (I installed RR 5.8.2 just for try) and overwrited just like you told me, but didn't worked for me, sorry. After reboot, the keyboard didn't show up when I tried to write a message.
Strange thing, here it worked on the first try, latest RR build. Fine that Gboard solved your problem.

Last edited:

droidbaker

Jun 22, 2014
Upgrade steps from 4.4.4 and Radio for I9100?

Hello guys,
I have UK version of I9100 and I'm still on Slimsaber 4.4.4. I want to upgrade to crDroid Nougat.
I'm thinking about these steps:
- backup current systems, apps and EFS partition.
- Upgrade TWRP
- Change PIT
- delete all system partitions
- install crDroid and reboot
- install gapps and reboot
Have I missed anything else?
I understand Xposed is not supported on Nougat yet, so I won't even try it.

Also I would like to ask - what about radio firmware? Is it included in the ROM or do I need to load new radio as well?
I understand this phone is not supported by mobile companies for a while so if I need to upgrade radio firmware which one would you recommend for UK and crDroid/Nougat? And is it possible to backup current radio firmware before I upgrade it?

Thank you!

lexus46

Jul 20, 2015
Hello guys,
I have UK version of I9100 and I'm still on Slimsaber 4.4.4. I want to upgrade to crDroid Nougat.
I'm thinking about these steps:
- backup current systems, apps and EFS partition.
- Upgrade TWRP
- Change PIT
- delete all system partitions
- install crDroid and reboot
- install gapps and reboot
Have I missed anything else?
I understand Xposed is not supported on Nougat yet, so I won't even try it.

Also I would like to ask - what about radio firmware? Is it included in the ROM or do I need to load new radio as well?
I understand this phone is not supported by mobile companies for a while so if I need to upgrade radio firmware which one would you recommend for UK and crDroid/Nougat? And is it possible to backup current radio firmware before I upgrade it?

Thank you!
Hi. The steps you wrote are correct, but at the first page of every custom rom's thread you can read about. But I don't know if these roms work on your version of I9100 and not only on international variant.
And as I know KitKat Radio app won't work with Nougat. Try this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71147333&postcount=112 thanks to Nobby1960. Or you can Google for Spirit FM2.

Last edited:

droidbaker

Jun 22, 2014
Hi. The steps you wrote are correct, but at the first page of every custom rom's thread you can read about. But I don't know if these roms work on your version of I9100 and not only on international variant.
And as I know KitKat Radio app won't work with Nougat. Try this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71147333&postcount=112 thanks to Nobby1960. Or you can Google for Spirit FM2.

Thank you lexus46, but by "radio" I actually meant modem firmware. I would like FM radio to work, but first I need to make sure I can make calls and I have 3G connectivity... See this - https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/general/ref-samsung-modem-ril-cwm-installers-t1881304 I know there are different modem versions for i9100 but I wonder if you can recommend any particular one for Nougat (and UK) and also how can I backup current one? Also I'm not sure about those RIL files for Nougat?

Thank you!

lexus46

Jul 20, 2015
Thank you lexus46, but by "radio" I actually meant modem firmware. I would like FM radio to work, but first I need to make sure I can make calls and I have 3G connectivity... See this - https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/general/ref-samsung-modem-ril-cwm-installers-t1881304 I know there are different modem versions for i9100 but I wonder if you can recommend any particular one for Nougat (and UK) and also how can I backup current one? Also I'm not sure about those RIL files for Nougat?

Thank you!
I think you should flash this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/recovery-twrp-3-0-0-0-t3330457 thx to arnab or this: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767143701 thx to the.gangster or Google for AOSP-LP-Kernel+_25-08-2015_TWRP-2.8.7.0.tar and flash it with Odin. After that reboot in recovery and make a backup (boot, system and data), repit with this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ivatives/mod-increase-partition-size-t3011162 thx to saber, after that you can flash the N rom you want. As I know crDroid is pretty stable for daily usage and the things you want are working. Or there are other N roms like Ressurection Remix, AICP, XenonHD, OctOS... Having the backup you can safely try any rom you want.

MigoMujahid

Aug 31, 2015
New York

Thank you!
Modems for UK starts with XX---, you can try XXMS4 or XXMS3 modems, or also some users from UK say that BVLP7 works good for them, look around here at this awesome collection ;)

Ps: yes you can simply flash the modem from recovery and reboot without wipe at all, even in nogut :)

Reactions: tayeb21

droidbaker

Jun 22, 2014
GreekDragon - I want to thank you for all your hard work. I managed to install previous build and I really like Nougat and all the crDroid features - I'm looking forward exploring them. It feels like a new phone :)

droidbaker

Jun 22, 2014
SuperSU questions

I'm still on previous build crDroidAndroid-7.1.1-20170302-v2.2 and I also noticed that when I installed superSU under my version I got into boot loop. I understand that this is now resolved in v2.5 by setting SELinux into permissive mode. Is it worth to lower the security in order to have superSU? TitaniumBackup works even without superSU (it displays warning about SU version, but it works).
What are the features of superSU you use/need which prevail over SELinux security mode?
And btw - once system boots with superSU installed - can be SELinux changed back to enforcing mode?

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

I have a few more questions:
- I tried to install kernel Adiutor and limit max frequency to 1Ghz as well as I tried to undervolt by 5mV in all modes (btw it has a bug so I could not do more) and I set I/O scheduler for both SD cards (internal and external) to noop and it make phone less "hot" when on full load, but I have not measure batter life. Can you recommend any tips for Nougat/crDroid battery life improvements? I would like to see battery usage graph more flat - especially when phone is locked and screen is off. Any hints?

- I'm using Google Launcher - is it possible to to move "app button" (6 dots in the circle) located in the centre of the bottom bar to the right side? I have not found a way to move it - is there any?
- Is it possible to disable tile "caption" or text below the quick settings tile in expanded view? Ex I do not need text "Wi-Fi" under the icon - I know that it is.
- Is it possible to change display type in notification drawer to left-right from current top-bottom?
(I know for last 3 questions I can install Nova, but I would try to customize Google launcher if possible)

Thank you!

Last edited:

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg
I'm still on previous build crDroidAndroid-7.1.1-20170302-v2.2 and I also noticed that when I installed superSU under my version I got into boot loop. I understand that this is now resolved in v2.5 by setting SELinux into permissive mode.
Try to flash the Lineage SU, which should run. If you get an error message at the flash, you can ignore. The SELinux mode you can switch in developer settings.

Reactions: MacLeod100

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FBE3pE0l.png

Based on CM14.1 with extra goodies.

Feature Highlights:
    • Pixel look and feel.
    • CyanogenMod 14.1 - all mods and features
    • StatusBar: Network Traffic
    • StatusBar: SU icon toggle
    • StatusBar: Ticker
    • StatusBar: Hide/Show icons
    • StatusBar: BatteryBar customization
    • StatusBar: Date customizations
    • StatusBar: Battery styles
    • StatusBar: Tap to Sleep
    • StatusBar: Clock styles
    • StatusBar: crDroid logo customization
    • QuickSettings: Tiles customization
    • QuickSettings: Brightness slider toggle
    • QuickSettings: Optional brightness icon
    • QuickSettings: Vibrate on Touch
    • QuickSettings: WiFi easy toggle
    • QuickSettings: Bluetooth easy toggle
    • QuickSettings: Data easy toggle
    • Navigation: Toggle navbar
    • Navigation: PIE navigation
    • Navigation: DUI - SmartBar / Fling Toggle
    • Navigation: Pulse - smart visualization
    • Notifications: Power notification controls
    • Notifications: Force expanded notifications
    • Notifications: Toggle immersive mode messages
    • Notifications: Breathing notifications
    • Notifications: Headsup Snooze
    • Notifications: Headsup Timeout customization
    • Display: Ambient Display customizations
    • Display: Transparency Customizations
    • Display: Expanded Desktop Customizations
    • LockScreen: Screen shortcuts
    • LockScreen: Toggle longpress for screen shortcuts
    • LockScreen: Swipe shortcuts
    • LockScreen: Toggle media cover art
    • LockScreen: Toggle clock
    • LockScreen: Toggle date
    • LockScreen: Toggle alarm
    • LockScreen: Tap to sleep
    • LockScreen: Toggle longpress torch
    • LockScreen: Cutomize number of notifications
    • LockScreen: Toggle power menu for secure lockscreen
    • Recents: Immersive Recents
    • Recents: Hidden apps
    • Recents: Toggle OmniSwitch as default Recents
    • Sound: Toggle screenshot sound
    • Sound: Live customization for number of volume steps
    • Sound: Less frequent notification sounds
    • Sound: DND customizations
    • Miscellaneous: Clock Widget
    • Miscellaneous: Partial / Full screenshot selection option
    • Miscellaneous: Toggle suggestions on Settings dashboard
    • Miscellaneous: Toggle summaries in Settings
    • Miscellaneous: Toggle auto-start music player on headset detection
    • Settings/Sound: Increasing Ringtone
    • 12 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop and Sync.
    • Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
    • Default sounds from latest Nexus image.
    • Stability and performance improvements.

What's working :

Probably everything.

• CM14.1 is WIP. CM specific functions may not be completely functional. (CM Themes)
    Download Links :
    DL: Click Here
    Old Builds
    Root: Click Here

How-to resize system partition Thanks to @channel48 :

Gapps:
    Please download and flash Open Gapps from HERE.

Join us on Google+ community!

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps. Gapps should be as instructed above.
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Coming from different ROM? Then do clean wipe
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot and profit!

Additional ROM Features (apart from crDroid features) :
    • Enabled SNAP camera
    • No forced encryption + F2FS support
    • There is more...

Donation:

Screenshots:
    756766704c3d4f8ab19ae58f43c038de.png

http://image.prntscr.com/image/8ccfd14007334feeb058a36f6876[IMG]
    [IMG]http://image.prntscr.com/image/ff7b4c8287b64ab79ec453479cf346b6.png
    7c8e8c35cd1743bbb40b75bd0ba46092.png

Source :

Kernel
    Device tree [1/2]
    Device tree [2/2]
    Hardware

XDA:DevDB Information
    crDroid Android N, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    GreekDragon, Vatsal
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-05
    Last Updated 2017-07-13
    New build is up. Charge issue is gone.

Download
    Updated ROM Sources.
    Updated Device trees.
    SELinux is now enforcing.
    And much more.
    New build is up. :)
    Updated ROM Sources.
    Updated Device Sources.
    Download
    Lot of things were changed since the last update(was on january).
    Updated ROM Sources.
    Updated Device Sources
    Download
    Updated ROM sources.
    Updated Device sources.
    SELinux is now permissive.
    Download

The new update comes with magisk included. Unfortunately magisk doesn't work for our device. However, you're welcome to flash this SystemMode SU version https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/v2-64-2-66-supersu-mode-t3286120