• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][i9100][OMS][7.1.2][OFFICIAL]crDroid Android[13/07/2017]

Search This thread

lexus46

Jul 20, 2015
Hi droidbaker! I managed to increase about 30-40% my battery life using the built-in wakelock blocker ( I don't know if your version of rom has it, usually does). Wakelocks are the most energy-eaters when screen is off and the phone is supposed to be in deep-sleep (and, of course, wi-fi and location services).

Last edited:

droidbaker

Jun 22, 2014
batter life

Hello Lexus46, thank you!. Yes, crDroid has Wakelock blocker under settings/crDroid/Miscellaneous. I have experience with Wakeloks tuning from Slimsaber and Amplify under Xposed framework where I could tune frequency how often each wakelock can wake the system. There were also some recommended values. With crDroid Wakelock blocker it seems I can only disable them.
Anyway - can you please advice which wakelocks you disabled in Nougat?
I remember from my previous tuning that for example when setting GPS related wakelocks to too high value, my navigation became not precise as it could not detect granular position, so I had to set them back... So there can be side-effects which you may not notice immediately (for example until you use navigation), so the best way would be the list and description of each wakelock which is safe to be disabled.
Do you have it or provide the link?
Thank you!

Hi droidbaker! I managed to increase about 30-40% my battery life using the built-in wakelock blocker ( I don't know if your version of rom has it, usually does). Wakelocks are the most energy-eaters when screen is off and the phone is supposed to be in deep-sleep (and, of course, wi-fi and location services).

lexus46

Jul 20, 2015
Hello Lexus46, thank you!. Yes, crDroid has Wakelock blocker under settings/crDroid/Miscellaneous. I have experience with Wakeloks tuning from Slimsaber and Amplify under Xposed framework where I could tune frequency how often each wakelock can wake the system. There were also some recommended values. With crDroid Wakelock blocker it seems I can only disable them.
Anyway - can you please advice which wakelocks you disabled in Nougat?
I remember from my previous tuning that for example when setting GPS related wakelocks to too high value, my navigation became not precise as it could not detect granular position, so I had to set them back... So there can be side-effects which you may not notice immediately (for example until you use navigation), so the best way would be the list and description of each wakelock which is safe to be disabled.
Do you have it or provide the link?
Thank you!
Hi! About wakelocks read this:https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1827676 and this: http://www.nairaland.com/2998319/major-causes-battery-drain-android. And you can read this too: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-extreme-battery-life-t3095884. And here is an older but useful post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37979333#post37979333

Last edited:

lexus46

Jul 20, 2015
im on crdroid and im wondering if what is best to block in the wakelock blocker app..ive read the posts you mentioned and its kinda out of my league to process xD

Well, you have to identify wakelocks belonging to the apps you use and don't block them (eg. GPS, media, weather or whatever you use). And, of course, don't block phone or mesagging app wakelocks.

skunky90

Aug 9, 2014
How to record calls on this ROM? Under apps I see a component that should possibly do the trick but I don't have any option to record voice calls ... help?

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg
How to record calls on this ROM? Under apps I see a component that should possibly do the trick but I don't have any option to record voice calls ... help?

@toy_story has developed a dialer app script fix, which allowes to record calls in every country. In some countries are call recordings forbidden, you use it at your own risk. Look here under "Script fix Dialer for Lineage OS".

skunky90

Aug 9, 2014
I did install the call recorder script. It records the call but the other side of call is in such low quality you can hardly resemble what other person is talking. Pretty much useless.

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg
I did install the call recorder script. It records the call but the other side of call is in such low quality you can hardly resemble what other person is talking. Pretty much useless.
You're right, I've tested the script for myself today. It seems that the caller voice is recorded via the upper microphone from the ear speaker. The sound quality is very poor and low. I don't know how the original dialer app with the recording option works. I unfortunately can't try it out in our country.

MacLeod100

Nov 28, 2013
Malmö
Try to flash the Lineage SU, which should run. If you get an error message at the flash, you can ignore. The SELinux mode you can switch in developer settings.
Thanks it really works :cowboy: I hope the dev it will remove magisk in the next build it sucks :(

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

it's really hard to maintain so many ROMs by one person, and add to this the responsibilities of real life.
GreekDragon must be very busy these days.
Yes you are right :cowboy: The dev is doing it 4 free and in his free time . I really don´t like when some " smart " ppl are complaining or asking 4 updates :(

SuperJackDevil

Feb 20, 2017
How do I install it?

To have if I understood (I am new in this)

I downloaded the custom rom and google apps as it says in the instructions, I save the two files in the SD memory and restart with recovery, in the recovery I delete the wipes and install the rom and then install the google apps and restart at the end or before Install the rom?

I have a Galaxy S2 with C-Rom kk v7 20140633 android 4.4.4 and I would like to upgrade

lexus46

Jul 20, 2015
To have if I understood (I am new in this)

I downloaded the custom rom and google apps as it says in the instructions, I save the two files in the SD memory and restart with recovery, in the recovery I delete the wipes and install the rom and then install the google apps and restart at the end or before Install the rom?

I have a Galaxy S2 with C-Rom kk v7 20140633 android 4.4.4 and I would like to upgrade

You have to restart after installing everything, but first at all you have to repartition the phone's internal memory to be able to install Nougat. Read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ivatives/mod-increase-partition-size-t3011162. After that you have to install latest TWRP isorec recovery (https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/recovery-twrp-3-0-0-0-t3330457) and only than you can proceed to install Nougat rom and Gapps. Success!:good:
By the way: in recovery you don't delete the wipes (there isn't such a command), you have to wipe system, data, cache and dalvik. Just select Advanced wipe and check these four checkboxes than swipe to confirm..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FBE3pE0l.png

Based on CM14.1 with extra goodies.

Feature Highlights:
    • Pixel look and feel.
    • CyanogenMod 14.1 - all mods and features
    • StatusBar: Network Traffic
    • StatusBar: SU icon toggle
    • StatusBar: Ticker
    • StatusBar: Hide/Show icons
    • StatusBar: BatteryBar customization
    • StatusBar: Date customizations
    • StatusBar: Battery styles
    • StatusBar: Tap to Sleep
    • StatusBar: Clock styles
    • StatusBar: crDroid logo customization
    • QuickSettings: Tiles customization
    • QuickSettings: Brightness slider toggle
    • QuickSettings: Optional brightness icon
    • QuickSettings: Vibrate on Touch
    • QuickSettings: WiFi easy toggle
    • QuickSettings: Bluetooth easy toggle
    • QuickSettings: Data easy toggle
    • Navigation: Toggle navbar
    • Navigation: PIE navigation
    • Navigation: DUI - SmartBar / Fling Toggle
    • Navigation: Pulse - smart visualization
    • Notifications: Power notification controls
    • Notifications: Force expanded notifications
    • Notifications: Toggle immersive mode messages
    • Notifications: Breathing notifications
    • Notifications: Headsup Snooze
    • Notifications: Headsup Timeout customization
    • Display: Ambient Display customizations
    • Display: Transparency Customizations
    • Display: Expanded Desktop Customizations
    • LockScreen: Screen shortcuts
    • LockScreen: Toggle longpress for screen shortcuts
    • LockScreen: Swipe shortcuts
    • LockScreen: Toggle media cover art
    • LockScreen: Toggle clock
    • LockScreen: Toggle date
    • LockScreen: Toggle alarm
    • LockScreen: Tap to sleep
    • LockScreen: Toggle longpress torch
    • LockScreen: Cutomize number of notifications
    • LockScreen: Toggle power menu for secure lockscreen
    • Recents: Immersive Recents
    • Recents: Hidden apps
    • Recents: Toggle OmniSwitch as default Recents
    • Sound: Toggle screenshot sound
    • Sound: Live customization for number of volume steps
    • Sound: Less frequent notification sounds
    • Sound: DND customizations
    • Miscellaneous: Clock Widget
    • Miscellaneous: Partial / Full screenshot selection option
    • Miscellaneous: Toggle suggestions on Settings dashboard
    • Miscellaneous: Toggle summaries in Settings
    • Miscellaneous: Toggle auto-start music player on headset detection
    • Settings/Sound: Increasing Ringtone
    • 12 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop and Sync.
    • Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
    • Default sounds from latest Nexus image.
    • Stability and performance improvements.

What's working :

Probably everything.

• CM14.1 is WIP. CM specific functions may not be completely functional. (CM Themes)
    Download Links :
    DL: Click Here
    Old Builds
    Root: Click Here

How-to resize system partition Thanks to @channel48 :

Gapps:
    Please download and flash Open Gapps from HERE.

Join us on Google+ community!

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps. Gapps should be as instructed above.
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Coming from different ROM? Then do clean wipe
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot and profit!

Additional ROM Features (apart from crDroid features) :
    • Enabled SNAP camera
    • No forced encryption + F2FS support
    • There is more...

Donation:

Screenshots:
    756766704c3d4f8ab19ae58f43c038de.png

http://image.prntscr.com/image/8ccfd14007334feeb058a36f6876[IMG]
    [IMG]http://image.prntscr.com/image/ff7b4c8287b64ab79ec453479cf346b6.png
    7c8e8c35cd1743bbb40b75bd0ba46092.png

Source :

Kernel
    Device tree [1/2]
    Device tree [2/2]
    Hardware

XDA:DevDB Information
    crDroid Android N, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    GreekDragon, Vatsal
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-05
    Last Updated 2017-07-13
    New build is up. Charge issue is gone.

Download
    Updated ROM Sources.
    Updated Device trees.
    SELinux is now enforcing.
    And much more.
    New build is up. :)
    Updated ROM Sources.
    Updated Device Sources.
    Download
    Lot of things were changed since the last update(was on january).
    Updated ROM Sources.
    Updated Device Sources
    Download
    Updated ROM sources.
    Updated Device sources.
    SELinux is now permissive.
    Download

The new update comes with magisk included. Unfortunately magisk doesn't work for our device. However, you're welcome to flash this SystemMode SU version https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/v2-64-2-66-supersu-mode-t3286120