• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][I9100][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.1] Lineage OS 14.1

Search This thread

Pier_89

Sep 19, 2015
Some devices are having signing issues and our device is one of them. The lineageos team are still fixing this. We have to be patience.

Perfect. So it isn't a build issue but something about LineageOS server, right?
However, can I flash first official nightly of 25th January with the fix in this thread?
So I can update it when new nightly comes up via OTA :)

Reactions: android5.1.1

OllieW

Jan 29, 2014
Downloads are on the side again away ... Has anyone still the experiment Build ...? Would like to try the rome ... thank you in advance

Official LineageOS download page for "i9100" is down at the moment, but links to both 20170125 builds (experimental and nightly) on official server are still working:

experimental 14.1 (2017-01-24 23:47:40.219000)
lineage-14.1-20170125-experimental-i9100-signed.zip
md5sum: ae1df102bc08ee3ea245d74024a96bc8

nightly 14.1 (2017-01-25 00:07:56.230000)
lineage-14.1-20170125-nightly-i9100-signed.zip
md5sum: 20531a35bebbcb8a1eef580cf26eb9ab

ATTENTION: Always flash "I9100 LineageOs Fix.zip" afterwards - otherwise device won't boot up and has to be flashed with ODIN/HEIMDALL in Samsung Download Mode (holding Power+Home+VolDown while turning on)!

android5.1.1

May 7, 2015
Karlsruhe
Official LineageOS download page for "i9100" is down at the moment, but links to both 20170125 builds (experimental and nightly) on official server are still working:

experimental 14.1 (2017-01-24 23:47:40.219000)
lineage-14.1-20170125-experimental-i9100-signed.zip
md5sum: ae1df102bc08ee3ea245d74024a96bc8

nightly 14.1 (2017-01-25 00:07:56.230000)
lineage-14.1-20170125-nightly-i9100-signed.zip
md5sum: 20531a35bebbcb8a1eef580cf26eb9ab

ATTENTION: Always flash "I9100 LineageOs Fix.zip" afterwards - otherwise device won't boot up and has to be flashed with ODIN/HEIMDALL in Samsung Download Mode (holding Power+Home+VolDown while turning on)!
Thank you very much?

the.gangster

Apr 3, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S7
I really cannot understand at all why you guys are so impatient. (those addressed here will know they are) :)
The best they could do after we realized that the new official builds bricked devices was to remove the download links from lineage web sites for the i9100.
If you ask me, that already took too long as lots of people still bricked their devices after we already knew this would happen.
But now please show some patience. There is still a lot going on in the background. Those who follow the Switch-to-emulated-thread know that.
Good things need some time and testing too. So instead of crying why the "official" downloads disappeared and if it can be worked-around by flashing an older kernel, why don't you spent your efforts in contributing by testing of the unofficial builds that rINanDO released. Official or not, there are quite a lot of people in our community, constantly trying to develop our ancient phone to match up-to-date technologies. And if you ask me, they are doing a damn fantastic job and remember: noone gets payed for that.
So could you for a moment stop the discussion about why and if it will get or retain official status at LineageOS. IMHO It definitly will. So either contribute or keep calm and wait.
Thank you so much.
This is not meant to be offensive. It's just a request to show a little bit more respect and patience (did I use that word already?). :)

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
This is not meant to be offensive. It's just a request to show a little bit more respect and patience (did I use that word already?). :)

I see alot of people replying to other people's posts and helping each other which is the meaning of the Android community here on XDA. People who sign up for XDA forums are expecred, and should be aware of the risks taken in flashing their devices.

I don't even have an activly used I9100 device, just made and posted the fix for all the people here who wanted a taste of the "official" build and be OTA proof.

I dont think that anyone here was disrespectfull. ;)

Last edited:

jojobg

Apr 19, 2015
Sofia ( Plovdiv )
I see alot of people replying to other people's posts and helping each other which is the meaning of the Android community here on XDA. People who sign up for XDA forums are expecred, and should be aware of the risks taken in flashing their devices.

I don't even have an activly used I9100 device, just made and posted the fix for all the people here who wanted a taste of the "official" build and be OTA proof.

I dont think that anyone here was disrespectfull. ;)
Just a thought out of the blue. If next OTA is not fixed for brick, your fix will not be applied during OTA update. It will be impossible to break boot sequence with going to recovery, to install boot fix, cause it won't work. Correct ?

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
Just a thought out of the blue. If next OTA is not fixed for brick, your fix will not be applied during OTA update. It will be impossible to break boot sequence with going to recovery cause it won't work. Correct ?

Yes, but it will be the same flashing the OTA manually starting from an unofficial build. People now are aware of the signing issues with the first build. Always take a full system backup and in this case upload it to your computer just in case.

jojobg

Apr 19, 2015
Sofia ( Plovdiv )
Yes, but it will be the same flashing the OTA manually starting from an unofficial build. People now are aware of the signing issues with the first build. Always take a full system backup and in this case upload it to your computer just in case.

Thanks, manual update is controlled :) OTA update is the one I'm worried about.
P.S. Don't press that Update button guys and girls ;)

rINanDO

Dec 17, 2009
Last edited:

laptopu

Jan 4, 2012
@rINanDO thanks for latest build the radio fix is good.

I have a problem, if I try to access the internal storage, file manager tells me I need elevated privileges and try root access but this is already enabled. I am not using emulated storage and I can access the external SD card fine?

rINanDO

Dec 17, 2009
@rINanDO thanks for latest build the radio fix is good.

I have a problem, if I try to access the internal storage, file manager tells me I need elevated privileges and try root access but this is already enabled. I am not using emulated storage and I can access the external SD card fine?

Forgot to include in the unofficial build this commit https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/36199/. It is not merged yet because it isn't fixed the right way. However, you can access internal storage via Settings -> Storage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THREAD MOVED (OFFICIAL THREAD)
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3555834

Code:
    /*
    ** Your warranty is now void.
    ** We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    ** thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    ** do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    ** before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    ** you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    **/

Work :
    Almost Everything

Not Work :
    What you tell me

Changelog :
    LineageOS 14.1 Changelog

Download :
    https://download.lineageos.org/i9100

You must use 1GB System PIt. Rom files bigger than 512MB(Stock system partition size).

Sources :
    https://github.com/lineageos

Thanks to @rINanDO for his effort.
    FIRST LINEAGEOS-BUILD 14.1 IS UP!

Changes:
    - Updated sources (Sayonara CyanogenMod, Hello LineageOS)
    - Samsung STK support
    - Battery optimization is back with working profiles (It is working but still in review in CM)
    - Working CM-recovery (applied unofficial fix, for official fix we needs FUSE 7.23 in kernel and we have 7.16.. :( )

Download: lineage-14.1-20161231-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip

Happy new year everybody!! :):):):)
    New build is up!

Changelog
    * Reverted a fix (from AICP) which possibly causes random boots. I hope this works.
    * Fixed CMFilemanager
    * Updated sources cm-14.1

Download here:
    cm-14.1-20161205-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    New build is up!!
    Changes:
    * Update sources (security update 05-01-2017)
    * Fixed WiFi Hotspot
    * Powersave-mode is using conservative-governor now
    * Memory tweaks. Please test and share if you experience any difference.
    KSM, LZ4 ZRAM (400mb), LMK

Download here: lineage-14.1-20170108-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    New build is up!

Fixes:
    * SIM contacts import/export
    * MMS with mobile data off
    * Flashlight torch wakelock issue (sorry, I forgot the (not yet merged) patch in build 20161205)

Download here: cm-14.1-20161208-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    @SerenityS: Can we change the subject of this forum to [ROM][7.1.1][i9100][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 14.1?
    Work :
    Everything

Not Work :
    FC in MptDocumentsProvider when opening Downloads-app due missing kernel patches for vold -> /proc/[pid]/mnt