• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][I9100][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.1] Lineage OS 14.1

Search This thread

Boolian

May 29, 2015
Glasgow
Just to clarify the SU-add-ons :
Although both the original "SU-add-on.zip" & "Su-Remover-add-on.zip" both throw a "...signal-4" & "Failed" error when flashing in recovery - both actually work in practice after rebooting.
So long as 'zip file verification' is Not checked.
(Thanks to @rnd83 for the observation)

Another slight anomaly:
After flashing eg. the "Remover" the Developer Options root access menu will still show root access for eg: Apps & Adb
However, actually opening the menu option, shows in fact only 'Disabled or Adb available.
As it should.
Toggle either of those and the higher level menu box changes to show correctly.
And vice-versa when re-flashing the SU-add-on after removal.
Basically it shows the previous flashed setting in the box until the menu options are toggled.

Without actually fully opening the Developer Options root access menu to check, at a glance, one may get the impression neither zip had worked.

The alternative 'modified' SU-add-on zip removes the recovery error & failed messages, but is not specifically required otherwise.

kolAflash

Sep 13, 2010
Lo

Sry but I don't know exactly what you want to do. Why don't you just make a factory reset instead of only wiping data?!
Also: were you already on CM13? I think you should try to read up a bit on flashing roms. Btw: I wrote down a few steps if you are on CM14 unofficial a few pages back. In general you should always factory reset when upgrading. If you don't then many problems can arise...

Sorry for the misunderstanding. By "wiping data" I meant doing a factory reset. (I wiped data, system, cache and dalvik-cache)

I had a clean and fresh CM-13 installation and tried to migrate (update) it to LOS-14.1-experimental, but I ran into the described problem.

And as said, this was intended as a test I'd liked to do, before migrating another i9100 on which I have a lot of apps and settings which I really don't want to loose or reinstall. So migrating from CM-13 to LOS-14.1-experimental is exactly what I want, knowing it's much harder than just doing a factory reset.

mrfrantastic

Sep 23, 2013
Sorry for the misunderstanding. By "wiping data" I meant doing a factory reset. (I wiped data, system, cache and dalvik-cache)

I had a clean and fresh CM-13 installation and tried to migrate (update) it to LOS-14.1-experimental, but I ran into the described problem.

And as said, this was intended as a test I'd liked to do, before migrating another i9100 on which I have a lot of apps and settings which I really don't want to loose or reinstall. So migrating from CM-13 to LOS-14.1-experimental is exactly what I want, knowing it's much harder than just doing a factory reset.
You could try and flash the latest unofficial build before the experimental build, although this seems like a bit of a hassle.
Of course you could always back up your apps with Titanium and save the folder on another drive. Then after a clean flash of the LOS nightly you could restore your apps that way. Good luck!

kolAflash

Sep 13, 2010
@kolAflash
Would you like to flash a stable nightly without problems in file manager etc.? Take this build .

In TWRP make a clean flash (full wipe): Cache/dalvik cache/system/data. Now flash this build an then the GApps.

I think you are talking to the wrong guy ;)

Nevertheless I also had that problem with the official roms from: https://download.lineageos.org/i9100

And with the lineage-14.1-20170129-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip rom linked by @Nobby1960 the file manager problem is gone.

Thanks!

Last edited:

davidvanwijk

Jan 5, 2015
Alkmaar
Is there a thread for official, lineageos roms for the I9100? I am searching for instructions.
I have once repitted with IsoRec of Lanchon and am currently on build from rINanDO

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P7500 met Tapatalk

kolAflash

Sep 13, 2010
You could try and flash the latest unofficial build before the experimental build, although this seems like a bit of a hassle.
Of course you could always back up your apps with Titanium and save the folder on another drive. Then after a clean flash of the LOS nightly you could restore your apps that way. Good luck!

Actually I already tried migrating from cm-14.1-20161208-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip (by rINanDO) to lineage-14.1-20170206-nightly-i9100-signed.zip
But I still got the same problem.

Thanks for the Titanium tip. I know of that possibility, but actually I was more thinking about the point, that I tried to migrate from a clean CM installation to LOS. I didn't run the CM system for more than 10 minutes. So I guessed more people must be having this problem and there might be something broken in the experimental build!?

max6698

Dec 6, 2015
Canberra
okay... Two questions:
1) I understand that a clean install is needed (when not using experimental). True?
2) Are questions about problems building my own ROM also in place here?
Thanks!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P7500 met Tapatalk
Hi David,

if your second questions relates to compiler error messages like these...

In file included from hardware/samsung/ril/libril/ril.cpp:361:
hardware/samsung/ril/libril/ril_commands.h:153:6: error: use of undeclared identifier 'RIL_REQUEST_SET_CARRIER_RESTRICTIONS'
{RIL_REQUEST_SET_CARRIER_RESTRICTIONS, dispatchCarrierRestrictions, responseInts},
^
hardware/samsung/ril/libril/ril_commands.h:154:6: error: use of undeclared identifier 'RIL_REQUEST_GET_CARRIER_RESTRICTIONS'
{RIL_REQUEST_GET_CARRIER_RESTRICTIONS, dispatchVoid, responseCarrierRestrictions},
^
In file included from hardware/samsung/ril/libril/ril.cpp:365:
hardware/samsung/ril/libril/ril_unsol_commands.h:63:6: error: use of undeclared identifier 'RIL_UNSOL_PCO_DATA'
{RIL_UNSOL_PCO_DATA, responsePcoData, WAKE_PARTIAL},

I think we're all getting them and that's probably why the nightly is overdue.

mrfrantastic

Sep 23, 2013
Actually I already tried migrating from cm-14.1-20161208-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip (by rINanDO) to lineage-14.1-20170206-nightly-i9100-signed.zip
But I still got the same problem.

Thanks for the Titanium tip. I know of that possibility, but actually I was more thinking about the point, that I tried to migrate from a clean CM installation to LOS. I didn't run the CM system for more than 10 minutes. So I guessed more people must be having this problem and there might be something broken in the experimental build!?
Unofficial, experimental, nightly worked for me (and others), see my post a few pages back. Strange that you run in problems, it should work fine...

kolAflash

Sep 13, 2010
Unofficial, experimental, nightly worked for me (and others), see my post a few pages back. Strange that you run in problems, it should work fine...

Sorry, I was a little unprecise.

Unofficial, experimental and nightly work for me too if I do a clean install. But after migrating from CM to LOS-experimental I get the described "System UI has stopped" error. So if I do a CM->LOS migration (as far as I know doing this is the only reason why the current current experimental builds exist) isn't working. And that's what I ment when I said "there might be something broken in the experimental build".

In other words:
Looks like migrating from CM -> LOS doesn't works at all on the i9100.

Question:
Has anyone successfully migrated from CM -> LOS?
(if yes, which was the old CM rom and to which LOS rom did you migrate?)

Reactions: ajislav

Jamie_oppo

Sep 21, 2016
Sydney
How's the battery life in the nightlies compared to early january builds? I am on lineage os14.1 20170108. Is it worth flashing latest builds for better battery life or is it the same?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THREAD MOVED (OFFICIAL THREAD)
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3555834

Code:
    /*
    ** Your warranty is now void.
    ** We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    ** thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    ** do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    ** before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    ** you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    **/

Work :
    Almost Everything

Not Work :
    What you tell me

Changelog :
    LineageOS 14.1 Changelog

Download :
    https://download.lineageos.org/i9100

You must use 1GB System PIt. Rom files bigger than 512MB(Stock system partition size).

Sources :
    https://github.com/lineageos

Thanks to @rINanDO for his effort.
    FIRST LINEAGEOS-BUILD 14.1 IS UP!

Changes:
    - Updated sources (Sayonara CyanogenMod, Hello LineageOS)
    - Samsung STK support
    - Battery optimization is back with working profiles (It is working but still in review in CM)
    - Working CM-recovery (applied unofficial fix, for official fix we needs FUSE 7.23 in kernel and we have 7.16.. :( )

Download: lineage-14.1-20161231-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip

Happy new year everybody!! :):):):)
    New build is up!

Changelog
    * Reverted a fix (from AICP) which possibly causes random boots. I hope this works.
    * Fixed CMFilemanager
    * Updated sources cm-14.1

Download here:
    cm-14.1-20161205-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    New build is up!!
    Changes:
    * Update sources (security update 05-01-2017)
    * Fixed WiFi Hotspot
    * Powersave-mode is using conservative-governor now
    * Memory tweaks. Please test and share if you experience any difference.
    KSM, LZ4 ZRAM (400mb), LMK

Download here: lineage-14.1-20170108-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    New build is up!

Fixes:
    * SIM contacts import/export
    * MMS with mobile data off
    * Flashlight torch wakelock issue (sorry, I forgot the (not yet merged) patch in build 20161205)

Download here: cm-14.1-20161208-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    @SerenityS: Can we change the subject of this forum to [ROM][7.1.1][i9100][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 14.1?
    Work :
    Everything

Not Work :
    FC in MptDocumentsProvider when opening Downloads-app due missing kernel patches for vold -> /proc/[pid]/mnt