[ROM][I9100][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.1] Lineage OS 14.1

Search This thread

davidvanwijk

Jan 5, 2015
Alkmaar
OnePlus 8T
Is there a thread for official, lineageos roms for the I9100? I am searching for instructions.
I have once repitted with IsoRec of Lanchon and am currently on build from rINanDO

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P7500 met Tapatalk

kolAflash

Sep 13, 2010
You could try and flash the latest unofficial build before the experimental build, although this seems like a bit of a hassle.
Of course you could always back up your apps with Titanium and save the folder on another drive. Then after a clean flash of the LOS nightly you could restore your apps that way. Good luck!

Actually I already tried migrating from cm-14.1-20161208-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip (by rINanDO) to lineage-14.1-20170206-nightly-i9100-signed.zip
But I still got the same problem.

Thanks for the Titanium tip. I know of that possibility, but actually I was more thinking about the point, that I tried to migrate from a clean CM installation to LOS. I didn't run the CM system for more than 10 minutes. So I guessed more people must be having this problem and there might be something broken in the experimental build!?

max6698

Dec 6, 2015
Canberra
okay... Two questions:
1) I understand that a clean install is needed (when not using experimental). True?
2) Are questions about problems building my own ROM also in place here?
Thanks!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P7500 met Tapatalk
Hi David,

if your second questions relates to compiler error messages like these...

In file included from hardware/samsung/ril/libril/ril.cpp:361:
hardware/samsung/ril/libril/ril_commands.h:153:6: error: use of undeclared identifier 'RIL_REQUEST_SET_CARRIER_RESTRICTIONS'
{RIL_REQUEST_SET_CARRIER_RESTRICTIONS, dispatchCarrierRestrictions, responseInts},
^
hardware/samsung/ril/libril/ril_commands.h:154:6: error: use of undeclared identifier 'RIL_REQUEST_GET_CARRIER_RESTRICTIONS'
{RIL_REQUEST_GET_CARRIER_RESTRICTIONS, dispatchVoid, responseCarrierRestrictions},
^
In file included from hardware/samsung/ril/libril/ril.cpp:365:
hardware/samsung/ril/libril/ril_unsol_commands.h:63:6: error: use of undeclared identifier 'RIL_UNSOL_PCO_DATA'
{RIL_UNSOL_PCO_DATA, responsePcoData, WAKE_PARTIAL},

I think we're all getting them and that's probably why the nightly is overdue.

mrfrantastic

Sep 23, 2013
Actually I already tried migrating from cm-14.1-20161208-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip (by rINanDO) to lineage-14.1-20170206-nightly-i9100-signed.zip
But I still got the same problem.

Thanks for the Titanium tip. I know of that possibility, but actually I was more thinking about the point, that I tried to migrate from a clean CM installation to LOS. I didn't run the CM system for more than 10 minutes. So I guessed more people must be having this problem and there might be something broken in the experimental build!?
Unofficial, experimental, nightly worked for me (and others), see my post a few pages back. Strange that you run in problems, it should work fine...

kolAflash

Sep 13, 2010
Unofficial, experimental, nightly worked for me (and others), see my post a few pages back. Strange that you run in problems, it should work fine...

Sorry, I was a little unprecise.

Unofficial, experimental and nightly work for me too if I do a clean install. But after migrating from CM to LOS-experimental I get the described "System UI has stopped" error. So if I do a CM->LOS migration (as far as I know doing this is the only reason why the current current experimental builds exist) isn't working. And that's what I ment when I said "there might be something broken in the experimental build".

In other words:
Looks like migrating from CM -> LOS doesn't works at all on the i9100.

Question:
Has anyone successfully migrated from CM -> LOS?
(if yes, which was the old CM rom and to which LOS rom did you migrate?)

Reactions: ajislav

Jamie_oppo

Sep 21, 2016
Sydney
How's the battery life in the nightlies compared to early january builds? I am on lineage os14.1 20170108. Is it worth flashing latest builds for better battery life or is it the same?

dii86700

Jun 23, 2016
Right now i am in the last unofficial but can I do a direct clean installation with the last nightly? Or you must first use the xperimental and then nightl
Yes you go directly nightly build with clean install

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

So how can i install the 14.1 lineageos over cm 13.1 to make it work?
1 Backup your apps with Titanium backup
2 Make your nandrid backup with TWRP recovery
3 Download last nightly
4 Make full wipe (wipe Cache,dalvik cache,system,data)
5 Finish satup and back your apps with data from Titanium backup
Lineage os not instal over cm 13

Last edited:

sanyigz

Oct 5, 2016
1 Backup your apps with Titanium backup
2 Make your nandrid backup with TWRP recovery
3 Download last nightly
4 Make full wipe (wipe Cache,dalvik cache,system,data)
5 Finish satup and back your apps with data from Titanium backup
Lineage os not instal over cm 13

And what's with the experimental image? If full wipe is required, then i'll keep the cm13, i don't want to wipe and do everything from the start.

dii86700

Jun 23, 2016
And what's with the experimental image? If full wipe is required, then i'll keep the cm13, i don't want to wipe and do everything from the start.

Experimental image work if you on unoficial build LOS 14.1 or cm 14 not work with cm13 but experimental broken image and not work solution is make backup with Titanium Backup and restor apps with Titanium Backup wen finish installing LOS if you not doing this then stay on cm13 for now :)

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg
I'm not able to select sdcard1 (external) in the settings of TB as storage for backup, it said it is only readable, did you you have the same problem?
No, this works for me without issues. In this moment I have changed the settings in TB to save backups on the external card. All backups were automatically moved in this folder. I have the free version.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Labs

Reactions: steiner.seevetal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THREAD MOVED (OFFICIAL THREAD)
    https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3555834

Code:
    /*
    ** Your warranty is now void.
    ** We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    ** thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    ** do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    ** before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    ** you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    **/

Work :
    Almost Everything

Not Work :
    What you tell me

Changelog :
    LineageOS 14.1 Changelog

Download :
    https://download.lineageos.org/i9100

You must use 1GB System PIt. Rom files bigger than 512MB(Stock system partition size).

Sources :
    https://github.com/lineageos

Thanks to @rINanDO for his effort.
    FIRST LINEAGEOS-BUILD 14.1 IS UP!

Changes:
    - Updated sources (Sayonara CyanogenMod, Hello LineageOS)
    - Samsung STK support
    - Battery optimization is back with working profiles (It is working but still in review in CM)
    - Working CM-recovery (applied unofficial fix, for official fix we needs FUSE 7.23 in kernel and we have 7.16.. :( )

Download: lineage-14.1-20161231-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip

Happy new year everybody!! :):):):)
    New build is up!

Changelog
    * Reverted a fix (from AICP) which possibly causes random boots. I hope this works.
    * Fixed CMFilemanager
    * Updated sources cm-14.1

Download here:
    cm-14.1-20161205-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    New build is up!!
    Changes:
    * Update sources (security update 05-01-2017)
    * Fixed WiFi Hotspot
    * Powersave-mode is using conservative-governor now
    * Memory tweaks. Please test and share if you experience any difference.
    KSM, LZ4 ZRAM (400mb), LMK

Download here: lineage-14.1-20170108-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    New build is up!

Fixes:
    * SIM contacts import/export
    * MMS with mobile data off
    * Flashlight torch wakelock issue (sorry, I forgot the (not yet merged) patch in build 20161205)

Download here: cm-14.1-20161208-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    @SerenityS: Can we change the subject of this forum to [ROM][7.1.1][i9100][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 14.1?
    Work :
    Everything

Not Work :
    FC in MptDocumentsProvider when opening Downloads-app due missing kernel patches for vold -> /proc/[pid]/mnt