[ROM][I9190/I9192/I9195/L520/R890][Unofficial][11.0.0] LineageOS 18.1 for S4 Mini

Search This thread

jbohac

Jul 12, 2021
Same here (also in both LOS 17 and LOS 18). But I found that it only happens when I turn on the battery saver. Then it happens maybe once a day. With battery saver off, i think it happened once in a month (and that might have been because battery saver perhaps turned on automatically in a low battery situation).
This might have been a coincidence - I now lose GSM signal quite frequently regardless of the battery saver. I found out how to fix it without rebooting: "killall qmuxd" in a local root terminal. I'm trying to find a way to check this condition periodically and kill qmuxd automatically from something like a cronjob...

bierma32

Aug 12, 2013
@lower saxony
If make following experience, if I have got a worse network signal ( bad or cloudy weather ) and I lost the connects to my provider, the switch under settings / network and internet/ mobile network / advanced /automatically select network changed from on to off , only a reboot helps for the reconnect

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220721-184716_Settings_064743.png
    Screenshot_20220721-184716_Settings_064743.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: borg17a

steve8x8

Jul 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
OnePlus One
This might have been a coincidence - I now lose GSM signal quite frequently regardless of the battery saver. I found out how to fix it without rebooting: "killall qmuxd" in a local root terminal. I'm trying to find a way to check this condition periodically and kill qmuxd automatically from something like a cronjob...
To me it looks like "qmuxd" has been there for a long time:
serranolte:/ # which qmuxd /vendor/bin/qmuxd serranolte:/ # ls -l /vendor/bin/qmuxd -rwxr-xr-x 1 root shell 60196 2009-01-01 01:00 /vendor/bin/qmuxd serranolte:/ # file /vendor/bin/qmuxd /vendor/bin/qmuxd: ELF shared object, 32-bit LSB arm, dynamic (/system/bin/linker), stripped
Why would this become an issue now? *scratches head*

Would it help to temporarily rename (instead of removing) it?

jbohac

Jul 12, 2021
Why would this become an issue now? *scratches head*
Would it help to temporarily rename (instead of removing) it?
I don't think qmuxd causes the problem and I think it is needed for the operation of the qualcomm modem - I don't want to prevent it from running. When I kill it, it immediatelly restarts (not sure what in the system takes care of that). And I think it's the restart that makes the GSM module work again and saves a reboot. I have no clue what causes the problem - may even be a hardware problem, the phone has its age ;)
Another datapoint: I have mobile data switched off 99% of the time.

steve8x8

Jul 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
OnePlus One
Hm, for a yet unknown reason, an upgrade from 0613 to 0715 on a device once setup with OpenGapps sent the device into plain download mode. I currently seem to be unable to boot into TWRP. Will reinstall TWRP 3.6.1 using Heimdall and try to (dirty) install LOS and OpenGapps, hoping for the best...

steve8x8

Jul 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
OnePlus One
I have no idea what might have happened - perhaps a bit flipped in the flash memory???
I install twrp (3.6.1 from twrp.me) with heimdall, pulled the battery and booted into recovery by key combo, then wiped system and installed latest 18.1 together with the gapps I had used before (20210101 nano), and Magisk 25.1 which had been in use too.
The subsequent boot was successful. Phew.
Unfortunately I may have destroyed all evidence for what caused the issue, but for now I'm happy not to have to dig out another old phone as a replacement.

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
goodday,

installed 18.1 on a i9195, but with a call i can't hear nothing, not even the tone. Is there a fix for this? Signal seems to be ok.

grtz

Jul 31, 2022
Hello, I see that Instagram is not compatible with the latest version of Lineage OS, namely: lineage-18.1-20220715-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip, I also installed the latest version of opengapps available on their site, namely : open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20220215.zip, I could very well install in apk but I prefer to install it from the play store because it is more secure. So I use chrome to go on instagram. Could this issue be fixed in a future Lineage OS 18.1 or opengapps update?

Thanks for all your response.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220731-134013_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20220731-134013_Google_Play_Store.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

s4_mini_User

Aug 11, 2022
hmmz, still can't make phone calls with the phone on lineageos.

I had the same problem. Try this:

Dial *#*#4636#*#*
Select "Phone information" (the first item / I'm using a german localization and so the translation maybe wrong).
Search for "Preferred network type" and set to "LTE/UMTS auto (PLR)"

Maybe the root cause is related to the switch off of the UMTS network in Germany / Vodafone?

Rolf
I have installed the ROM 2 weeks ago. Sometimes I have to restart it cause the Network is totally gone. I have no Phone, no SMS and no Internet.

Yesterday the behavior has changed, without any changes from my side. Internet and SMS are working fine, but I'm not able to Call or to get a Call, also if the Phone is restarted. I have updated to the newest Modem(I9195XXUCQL2.tar.md5), reflashed the ROM, reflashed Gapps, changed the Phone Informations (*#*#4636#*#*), tried a different Caller App

Has the Setting Phone Informations (*#*#4636#*#*) anything to do with the Phone Call or is it only for Internet?

I do not have the Setting: "LTE/UMTS auto (PLR)"
I have set: "LTE only" I have a lot checked and the most do not work and LTE only is set sometimes by it self after restart.

I'm also in Germany/Vodafone And in the OverView is displayed "Sprachdienst: In Betrieb" (VoiceService: In Work)

If I try a Call I see the Network get totally Lost and also the Internet is gone for some seconds, but it comes back after the call (try to call) ends

I have tested a second Phone with the same Versions. The second one has default settings "GSM/WCDMA/LTE(PRL)" But I get the same behavior :(

I have tested my SIM in an other device and it works fine ;)

Has anybody an idea to get the Phone Feature back?

Last edited:
Reactions: borg17a

bierma32

Aug 12, 2013
@lower saxony
@s4_mini_User
If you change your settings to " LTE only " ,you change the your SIM to data mobile only.
I tested it before and have the same problem that can not take phone calls.
With the settings from the image it works fine.

@mark-1978 did you also have changed the settings ?

Attachments

• IMG_20220813_081735.jpg
    IMG_20220813_081735.jpg
    822.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts