[ROM][I9190/I9192/I9195/L520/R890][Unofficial][11.0.0] LineageOS 18.1 for S4 Mini

Search This thread

jean1122

Nov 17, 2022
Hello, I have just installed this rom on my S4 mini (I9195), while making some settings, I realized that the deactivation of the small vibrations when writing with the touch keyboard does not work.
(Settings > Sound > Advanced settings > Vibration on touch (touch feedback, keyboard))
Do you know how to fix this problem?
Regards

carlos974

May 18, 2016
Saint-Denis
Hello, I have just installed this rom on my S4 mini (I9195), while making some settings, I realized that the deactivation of the small vibrations when writing with the touch keyboard does not work.
(Settings > Sound > Advanced settings > Vibration on touch (touch feedback, keyboard))
Regards
Go to settings --> system --> Language & input (android keyboard) --> on-screen keyboard (android keyboard) --> android keyboard --> preferences --> vibrate with every keystroke (turn off)

Last edited:
Reactions: niacos

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Regards
There is an additional setting in system language AOSP keyboard preferences

jean1122

Nov 17, 2022
Hello,
Thanks a lot. It's not for lack of looking.
I would never have looked for this option here.
So, just for information, what does this option do? Settings > Sound > Advanced settings > Vibration on touch (touch feedback, keyboard)
regards

jbohac

Jul 12, 2021
This might have been a coincidence - I now lose GSM signal quite frequently regardless of the battery saver. I found out how to fix it without rebooting: "killall qmuxd" in a local root terminal. I'm trying to find a way to check this condition periodically and kill qmuxd automatically from something like a cronjob...
I found a way to programatically detect the mobile network loss:
"getprop gsm.sim.state" will show something other than "LOADED".
So now I was able to create functional workaround.
I use cron (on a Magisk-rooted phone) to run a script that periodically runs the getprop and kills qmuxd if necessary. See here for details: http://jiri.boha.cz/programming/i9195-sim-workaround .
Works fine for me.

Reactions: steve8x8

steve8x8

Jul 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
OnePlus One
@jbohac I can't check with my S4mini right now, but on another Android phone there may be a `gsm.sim.state` that *contains* `LOADED` but isn't identical (I've seen "ABSENT,LOADED" - is there an explanation somewhere what that means?).
You perhaps may want to change the script to use the return value of `grep` (e.g. `if echo $STATE | grep -v LOADED`) to make the approach more universal?

jbohac

Jul 12, 2021
@jbohac I can't check with my S4mini right now, but on another Android phone there may be a `gsm.sim.state` that *contains* `LOADED` but isn't identical (I've seen "ABSENT,LOADED" - is there an explanation somewhere what that means?).
perhaps it's the state of the two SIM slots on a dual-SIM phone?
I've only ever seen LOADED, UNKNOWN, or NOT_READY on my s4mini

You perhaps may want to change the script to use the return value of `grep` (e.g. `if echo $STATE | grep -v LOADED`) to make the approach more universal?
I don't think this hack applies to any other phone and this works on my s4mini, so I'm quite happy with it the way it is and works for me. But of course anyone is perfectly free to use it and modify it to suit their needs and phones

pgb.1968

Dec 2, 2022
Hi all! Disclaimer: I'm new to the forum, and I'm not 100% sure this is the right place for my question - sorry in case! Pointers welcome.

Context: I own a Samsung S4 Mini GT-I9195 (plain: no other letters, e.g. no 9195L or 9195T). Both with their stock Android 4.4.2 . I'm planning to have it "refreshed" by installing a ROM with a much fresher Android version, for the obvious reasons (more and more apps cannot be installed or updated).

My question:

- in your expert opinion, form my GT-I9195, which is the "fresher" but "stable" and "everything works ok" version I should target? E.g. rather than having the very latest Android but losing the camera or having the cell somehow unstable, I'd rather have a less recent version - to the extent that it allows me to prolonge the life of the apps and hence the overall everyday usability of the phone.

- where to find the relevant links (files, instructions) for that version?

Thanks a lot!

carlos974

May 18, 2016
Saint-Denis
You are on the right thread.
Just try to see like everyone else!
Hi all! Disclaimer: I'm new to the forum, and I'm not 100% sure this is the right place for my question - sorry in case! Pointers welcome.

Context: I own a Samsung S4 Mini GT-I9195 (plain: no other letters, e.g. no 9195L or 9195T). Both with their stock Android 4.4.2 . I'm planning to have it "refreshed" by installing a ROM with a much fresher Android version, for the obvious reasons (more and more apps cannot be installed or updated).

My question:

- in your expert opinion, form my GT-I9195, which is the "fresher" but "stable" and "everything works ok" version I should target? E.g. rather than having the very latest Android but losing the camera or having the cell somehow unstable, I'd rather have a less recent version - to the extent that it allows me to prolonge the life of the apps and hence the overall everyday usability of the phone.

Thanks a lot!

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria

My question:

Thanks a lot!
Files are in original post. Official guides are still relevant.

stillax

Jul 18, 2022
Hi arco68, thanks for the November update.(y)

I have new informations for my message in July.
Maybe it is helpful to solve my problem.
Hi arco68, first of all thanks for your great work, my S4 Mini is still alive.
I have only one little problem which already is known. My S4 Mini connects to my WIFI if the WPA-Modus is set to WPA2 only. If I set it to WPA2 + WPA3 it can not connect.
Do you have an idea why this problem is here again?
Thanks.
Well, now, I tried some settings on my routers WLAN preferences and it seems that my connection problem isn't the security-mode. It is the PMF. I can connect if the Protected Management Frames option is uncheck and it is the same for WPA2 only and WPA2 + WPA3.
I don't know if it is a hardware problem or if you can fix it in the ROM. Do you have any idea?
THX.

steve8x8

Jul 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
OnePlus One
many thanks @steve8x8 - do you know of any hints/instructions on how to perform that preliminary step?
On samfirmware, find the latest upgrade for your operator/country (and triple check the phone model!), compare with the baseband currently on your phone, they should not differ by a long time. Mine (Germany, unbranded) has I9195XXSCQAI, with a build ID starting with I9195XXUC (and three more characters).
If you're still on stock, try to upgrade - using system powers or asking Odin for help.

Addendum: I9195XXUCQL2 also seems to be OK for the baseband (and whatever CQ there might also exist).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts