[ROM][I9190/I9192/I9195/L520/R890][Unofficial][9.0.0] LineageOS 16.0 for S4 Mini

Search This thread

kevoting

Jan 16, 2022
Hello
I have using a I9192 for more than 4 years, i got tired of the outdated android 4.4, so i install lineageOS, first, i installed lineage 14.1 with android 7.1 (i'm noob but i got it), everything works, except my contact list which is empty, (contacts are in SIM) and do not appear, So I installed this ROM hoping it will fix it, and again everything works except my contacts are empty, and. I can make calls, receive calls, receive texts, send texts, but the contacts do not appear, can't save contacts , I think this can't be fixed.
Could it be because of my SIM?
I'm a Venezuela user (Movistar) and the SIM it is more or less old.
Solution: Go back to stock?

Edit: Mobile data magically fixed, still no contacts and i can't add them in SIM

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211219-002247_Contacts.png
    Screenshot_20211219-002247_Contacts.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20211219-002215_Phone.png
    Screenshot_20211219-002215_Phone.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Hello
I have using a I9192 for more than 4 years, i got tired of the outdated android 4.4, so i install lineageOS, first, i installed lineage 14.1 with android 7.1 (i'm noob but i got it), everything works, except my contact list which is empty, (contacts are in SIM) and do not appear, So I installed this ROM hoping it will fix it, and again everything works except my contacts are empty, and. I can make calls, receive calls, receive texts, send texts, but the contacts do not appear, can't save contacts , I think this can't be fixed.

Edit: Mobile data magically fixed, still no contacts and i can't add them in SIM
Nowadays we don't have contacts at sim card. Maybe you can find an app for reading contacts from sim. Maybe in another phone. Try to get them int a vcf file. Or to your Google account if you use GApps.

claudio.db

Jul 5, 2020
Hello

Hi!
You can use Dumbphone Assistant to manage SIM contacts, and also copy between sim and phone storage.
You can find it on F-droid store:

Reactions: steve8x8

boernsen

Jan 18, 2021
I currently have an I9195 running arco's amazing LOS16 with encryption enabled.

Now, I would like update to arco's LOS18, but with a completely reset system (I already backed up everything!). I have twrp-3.5.0_9-0-serranoltexx running and tried to format data (including data), but it fails with:
Failed to mount '/data'
Now, I am afraid to brick my phone if I start messing around with the partitions, so I though I'd rather ask here before ;)

How can I completely reset my encrypted phone and then install LOS18? Does anybody have experience with that?

Last edited:

boernsen

Jan 18, 2021
Remove encryption, perhaps install (and reboot into) latest (3.6.1) TWRP, factory reset, then format data - this would be my guess.
You may add "wipe system" to that list if you're feeling bold ;)

How do I remove encryption? I cannot see/find an option to do that:

b3d5c43d-32ad-49ba-baed-d2fb0f0fba01.png

Clicking the first entry "Encrypt phone" doesn't do anything.

I searched the internet about how to remove encryption and only found suggestions to factory reset the phone, but no one could ensure that this works. (e.g. here or here) It is confusing to me. I wonder how this can be so complicated...

The factory reset from TWRP didn't work, so the only remaining option I can think of is to try a factory reset from the android settings menu. Does anybody have experience with that?

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
How do I remove encryption? I cannot see/find an option to do that:

View attachment 5615763

Clicking the first entry "Encrypt phone" doesn't do anything.

I searched the internet about how to remove encryption and only found suggestions to factory reset the phone, but no one could ensure that this works. (e.g. here or here) It is confusing to me. I wonder how this can be so complicated...

The factory reset from TWRP didn't work, so the only remaining option I can think of is to try a factory reset from the android settings menu. Does anybody have experience with that?
Factory reset from system is the same as from twrp. Maybe you have to update twrp.

boernsen

Jan 18, 2021
I currently use TWRP 3.5.0_9-0, which is the one linked on the first page of this thread as well as on arco's LOS11 thread. At https://eu.dl.twrp.me/serranoltexx/ the latest version is twrp-3.6.1_9-0. Can I safely use that or is there a reason why arco does not link that one?
I just tried a factory reset with twrp-3.6.1_9-0. This is what happens:

1652894479263.jpeg

Any ideas?

UPDATE: For reference, I just solved it by following Fix 2 of this guide, i.e. changing the file system of data to EXT2 and then back to EXT4. However, make sure you start with a freshly booted TWRP. It didn't work for me right after a failed data format. It seems like it messed something up. After a reboot it worked.

Last edited:

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
First post updated with new builds.

January security updates (This is the latest available from Lineage unfortunately, as they haven't added any newer security updates since then)

johnmaster

Apr 25, 2018
If there's no further updates from Lineage, there won't be any more builds of this either. From Lineage point of view, it's at End Of Life.
I don't understand! Can you tell me a bit about how this works? My question is the following: lineage is Google and it is the one that releases support for the devices and if they don't release more for that, does it stay there? Or how is this?

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria

Top Liked Posts