[ROM][I9190/I9192/I9195/L520/R890][Unofficial][11.0.0] LineageOS 18.1 for S4 Mini

Search This thread

genaker

Mar 5, 2014
Hi there,

In my S4 mini I have 20201205 compilation , how can I update it without reflashing/reinstalling the rom???.

Many thanks for your support.

Claudio4780

Feb 6, 2016
Port Elizabeth
@arco68 Just installed the latest Update. Thank you very much. Got "bombed" out of Magisk 22. Tried a number of times to uninstall & install Magisk 22, but unsuccessfull. Did install Magisk Manager v8.07 and Magisk v21.4 which worked. After that I was able to update within the Apk to Magisk 22 and everything is fine now...

Reactions: liott

liott

Nov 28, 2014
Paris
Owner of S4 mini GT-i9195
Just flashed lineage-18.1-20210307-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip
Upgrade failed with this error :
E3004 : this package is for device :serranoltex.serraolItebmc ...
This device is serrano3g !!!
I regularly flash the updates without any problem.
My phone is an LTE version.
Screenshot_20210308-125314_Trebuchet[1].png
How to understand this weirdness ? Apparently I'm the only one not to succeed with a dirty flash. I notice that others have managed to flash without any problem.
I downloaded 2 times in case of corrupted files. Any idea what's going wrong?

kurtn

Owner of S4 mini GT-i9195
Just flashed lineage-18.1-20210307-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip
Upgrade failed with this error :

I regularly flash the updates without any problem.
My phone is an LTE version.
View attachment 5243701
How to understand this weirdness ? Apparently I'm the only one not to succeed with a dirty flash. I notice that others have managed to flash without any problem.
I downloaded 2 times in case of corrupted files. Any idea what's going wrong?
Do you us twrp from OP ?

UtokUser

Jul 12, 2015
Great rom!only thing I found is that the power button camera shortcut wont work if you secure your lockscreen.It keeps showing cannot connect to camera.

UtokUser

Jul 12, 2015
Another thing-you said ambient display is back but there is no entry for it anywhere.there is only a quick settings tile that does nothing.videos recorded with the camera app cant be sent by facebook messenger for some reason.keep up the good work!

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Great rom!only thing I found is that the power button camera shortcut wont work if you secure your lockscreen.It keeps showing cannot connect to camera.
Fixed in next build.
Another thing-you said ambient display is back but there is no entry for it anywhere.there is only a quick settings tile that does nothing.videos recorded with the camera app cant be sent by facebook messenger for some reason.keep up the good work!
Ambient display options are in Display/Advanced/Lock screen

UtokUser

Jul 12, 2015
Fixed in next build.

Ambient display options are in Display/Advanced/Lock screen
Thanks a lot!it works like a charm!funny how lineage menus seem to be changed nowadays.now there is no screenshot option in my power menu and It took me a while to find that you take a screenshot in the recent apps menu XD

Thanks a lot!it works like a charm!funny how lineage menus seem to be changed nowadays.now there is no screenshot option in my power menu and It took me a while to find that you take a screenshot in the recent apps menu XD
Screenshot you can find under Settings / System / Buttons / scroll down to extras
Than actives click to partial screenshot
Now you can make a screen shot with Power and Volume down and can zoom in o the screen .

Reactions: MrGoodtunes

SegKa

Jan 9, 2020
Hi @All,

I just made a clean installation of this version and everything went fine without bootloop or softbrick. The operating system works so far.

I just have one problem: though I can find my sd card in the app "Files" and work with the files, I cannot find and use this sd card in most of my apps. For them, there is only an internal space. I already granted root access with Magisk and checked the access with Root Checker.

Does anyone have any idea, what went wrong? The recent version was Lineage 16.1, but I made a clean install.

kurtn

Hi @All,

I just made a clean installation of this version and everything went fine without bootloop or softbrick. The operating system works so far.

I just have one problem: though I can find my sd card in the app "Files" and work with the files, I cannot find and use this sd card in most of my apps. For them, there is only an internal space. I already granted root access with Magisk and checked the access with Root Checker.

Does anyone have any idea, what went wrong? The recent version was Lineage 16.1, but I made a clean install.
Just checked: SD is defined as portable storage. Bromide can download to SD card. What did you try?

SegKa

Jan 9, 2020
Just checked: SD is defined as portable storage. Bromide can download to SD card. What did you try?
I can find it as "Portable Storage" either. I do not know, what "Bromide" is. You mean the browser "Bromine"?

It is quite awkward: I find the sd card in Android and can move files from the internal storage to the sd card and reverse. No problem. But in my apps, I cannot use the sd card. For example Here Maps that stores the offline maps on the sd card. Or Audible or Spotify that in general save the downloaded files on the external sd card. I already reinstalled the operating system without effect.

kurtn

I can find it as "Portable Storage" either. I do not know, what "Bromide" is. You mean the browser "Bromine"?

It is quite awkward: I find the sd card in Android and can move files from the internal storage to the sd card and reverse. No problem. But in my apps, I cannot use the sd card. For example Here Maps that stores the offline maps on the sd card. Or Audible or Spotify that in general save the downloaded files on the external sd card. I already reinstalled the operating system without effect.
Yes, bromide Browser.
Here has only " Internal " if I go settings/Storage memory. Can you give an example, where external SD works for com.here.app.maps ?
I guess, here has not adapted the storage concept of android 11

Last edited:

SegKa

Jan 9, 2020
Yes, bromide Browser.
Here has only " Internal " if I go settings/Storage memory. Can you give an example, where external SD works for com.here.app.maps ?
I guess, here has not adapted the storage concept of android 11
Did you install HereMaps? Under "Settings", you could in Lineage 16.1 (my last version) also choose the external sd card. The reason ist that you are able to download the maps and use it offline. Is the storage concept of Android 11 new?
But Here Maps is not the only app. I have the same problem with Spotify that is not able to choose the sd card for the downloads. Or BlackPlayer that is not able to search the sd card for audio files to play.
The rest seems to work fine except the problem with the sd card.

kurtn

Did you install HereMaps? Under "Settings", you could in Lineage 16.1 (my last version) also choose the external sd card. The reason ist that you are able to download the maps and use it offline. Is the storage concept of Android 11 new?
But Here Maps is not the only app. I have the same problem with Spotify that is not able to choose the sd card for the downloads. Or BlackPlayer that is not able to search the sd card for audio files to play.
The rest seems to work fine except the problem with the sd card.

Reactions: MrGoodtunes

Top Liked Posts