• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][I9190/I9192/I9195][Unofficial][11.0.0] LineageOS 18.1 for S4 Mini

Search This thread

klbe

Aug 24, 2021
Regarding the problems of losing the network connection I've done the following workaround using the app "Tasker". It monitors the network state and automatically reboots if connection is lost. It's far from perfect, but the main problem (unnoticed connection lost) is fixed.

To set it up:
1) Tasker App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm
2) OpenGApps / Google account are required to get Tasker via Playstore: https://opengapps.org/ (ARM / 11 / pico)
3) Rooting of the Phone is required: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/latest
4) Use the backup of Tasker config attached

Main disadvantages:
1) Needs paid App "Tasker"
2) needs GApps for installing/running Tasker, so no Google-free phone anymore. For me this hurts, but I've decided that a reliable availability on my phone is more important.

However I would be very glad if a "real" solution for this problem would be found!

Attachments

• taskerbackup.xml
    5.7 KB · Views: 13

MJay999

Feb 3, 2018
i think the problem is related to the local operator. O2 in Czech republic ended 3G support, so i must use 2G now, which is stable, but has slow mobile data (EDGE). I never use 4G, it has poor network signal with mobile data on, tested on stock and custom rom. I don't know why 4G is not working, maybe frequency bands support.

I've been watching it for a while now: 4G (on German O2 and a pretty weak connection) results in telephony dying after a few days. Setting it to 3G or 2G it keeps working in the same environment. Data usage via all the Gs is actually turned off all the time (just telephony is on) and the phone is just using Wifi.

I'll install the October update and see if anything might have changed. Thanks @arco68!

Reactions: SethGeckoXDA

klbe

Aug 24, 2021
Regarding the problems of losing the network connection I've done the following workaround using the app "Tasker". It monitors the network state and automatically reboots if connection is lost. It's far from perfect, but the main problem (unnoticed connection lost) is fixed.
I've improved this workaround:
When Screen off / locked, I automatically set network setting to "2G" and if screen on / unlocked, I'm setting it to "4G" using Tasker. This works well, no losing of connection anymore and way better battery life. However it still has the disadvantages of needing a rooted Phone, OpenGApps and the paid App Tasker.

liott

Nov 28, 2014
Paris
@arco68 could you please send BT_fix again because it seems broken on my I9195 (lineage-18.1-20211005-UNOFFICIAL-meliusltexx.zip)? I hope your fix could help
I have installed the latest version and unfortunately I am in the same situation as as described above.
the BT switch turns off after a few seconds; the bluetooth detection doesn't activate the circular animation to search for surrounding bluetooth devices.

BomberX

Oct 19, 2021
First post updated with new builds.

October security updates
Hello.
One of two SIMs randomly connets and not connect after phone reboot. SIM in slot 2 does not receive SMS (same issue has been found witth previous fimware - Resurrection Remix). Phone model: GT-I9192.

Last edited:

liott

Nov 28, 2014
Paris
I have installed the latest version and unfortunately I am in the same situation as as described above.
the BT switch turns off after a few seconds; the bluetooth detection doesn't activate the circular animation to search for surrounding bluetooth devices.
Just to clarify my point. I reinstalled from scratch LOS 18.1
Out of the box, I have the same problem with bluetooth as described above. Nobody has encountered this problem? Does anyone have a clue how to solve this particular problem?

TotallyMAD

Jan 18, 2019
Hello. What should I do or try, because my phone (I9195) doesn't find any GPS signal? I use newest build.

matselig

Jun 3, 2018
Great build.
Just awesome how you are keeping this phone alive. s4 mini is great.:)

Did someone solve the messaging problem?
I can't get messages. please help.

My galaxy: I9195 lineage 18.1
I flashed the new rom today including the gapps 11.0 nano and the magisk.

also I see now that the google maps app crashes as it starts.

Last edited:

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
First post updated with new builds.

November security updates
Thank you. Is there a kernel patch necessary for that vulnerability? Is it included in November build?

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Thank you. Is there a kernel patch necessary for that vulnerability? Is it included in November build?
Not needed on our kernel, so we're not affected. Only much newer kernels are affected.

Top Liked Posts