[ROM][I9190/I9192/I9195/L520/R890][Unofficial][11.0.0] LineageOS 18.1 for S4 Mini

Search This thread

steve8x8

Jul 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
OnePlus One
I'd like to say Thank You to @arco68 -

I eventually succeeded to pair one of my S4Minis running xDrip, to a Libre2 CGM - using the 0618 build, and enabling Gabeldorsche, no longer triggering the "Samsung Workaround" built into the app.
The I9195 is still one of the smallest (and still readable) devices with NFC support, which is required for the "Borg implant" to be managed.

This is really a lifesaver - did I already say Thank You?

hybrid_peanut

Dec 20, 2005
Hi all, I've flashed this ROM to an S4 Mini i9195 and it's great so far. However has anyone else noticed a battery drain issue? The phone I have has been in airplane mode over night and has dropped to 74% from 100%, any tips to rectify this? Thanks

loveless2090

Dec 15, 2019
First of all, thank you arco for your great work on this ROM. It works really good for me.

But i have little question, did something changed in respect to the ambient display. Because from Lineage 16.0 i was used to that it showed notifications in white font on black background. Now in Lineage 18.1, swiping over the screen or uncover the screen brings me to the lockscreen. Is that something that has been changed form 16 to 18 or did i just setup something wrong?

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
First of all, thank you arco for your great work on this ROM. It works really good for me.

But i have little question, did something changed in respect to the ambient display. Because from Lineage 16.0 i was used to that it showed notifications in white font on black background. Now in Lineage 18.1, swiping over the screen or uncover the screen brings me to the lockscreen. Is that something that has been changed form 16 to 18 or did i just setup something wrong?
Turn off "Wake up on gesture" in ambient display settings.

Reactions: loveless2090

pecuna

Jan 14, 2015
Hi! First to the author and others contributors - Thanks for the efforts!
I am giving this ROM a try.
Have some difficulties with the Custom ROM for some payment app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.postbank.wallet).
It should be that as I haven't rooted the phone.
Could you please give some more details what to do to make some spoofs or other magic to make the app work?

i9190user

Jul 17, 2021

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-07-25 at 10.59.39 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-25 at 10.59.39 AM (1).jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 28
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-07-25 at 10.59.39 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-25 at 10.59.39 AM.jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

kurtn

Hi! First to the author and others contributors - Thanks for the efforts!
I am giving this ROM a try.
Have some difficulties with the Custom ROM for some payment app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.postbank.wallet).
It should be that as I haven't rooted the phone.
Could you please give some more details what to do to make some spoofs or other magic to make the app work?
Signature spoofing is not about faking safety net attestation for banking apps. It's for microG compatibility.

For banking search magisk or buy an iPhone

pecuna

Jan 14, 2015
Signature spoofing is not about faking safety net attestation for banking apps. It's for microG compatibility.

For banking search magisk or buy an iPhone
Ok I see it is not the name of the OS that important. I found the reason for the app not working.
I installed Xiaomi Home app and it said that the phone is rooted, which I did not do at all.
Strange is that Revolut is not complaining at all.
Why is that message popping, isn't the ROM supposed to be as original Android without root,
so all the apps can be used as it is an original OS of the phone?
I want to try without rooting as I primary do it for debloating which thankfully it is not needed here.

Last edited:

jmbattle

Jul 3, 2015
@arco68

Thank you very much for continuing to support this fantastic little phone!

My first refurbished S4 Mini lasted several years, however I killed it last year after going for a swim in the sea, and for getting that it was still inside my shorts. ;(

Fortunately, I had another S4 Mini refurb, which served as a backup. Visually, it was presetine, but the speaker sound was distorted, and the battery life pretty weak. Unfortunately, despite dropping my first S4 Mini 1000x times, and never experiencing any issues, the second S4 Mini suffered a drop and a completely cracked screen.

I have continued to use this S4 Mini with a cracked screen, but also purchased a more-or-less unused Xperia XZ1 Compact. I recently unlocked the Sony (backing up the DRM), and installed LineageOS 18.1. The form factor takes some getting used to, compared to the S4 Mini, but it's still quite a nice, compact phone to hold.

Today, I changed my provider contract and with it the microsim to a nanosim, so now the Xperia will be my daily driver going forward. It's been a great few years with the S4 Mini, but it's time to move on to another device.

I just wanted to say thanks again to you @arco68 for your fantastic work at keeping the S4 Mini alive and kicking! Really, really incredible job!

• Haha
Reactions: kurtn

Tretaghunberg

Aug 5, 2021
Can someone help me please? I have the right LinageOS version for my phone ans the twrp version 3.0.2.-0 to install the OS this is the error message:

Checking for MD5 File....
Skipping MD5 check: no file found
E3004: this package is for device: serranotle, serranotlebmc, serranoItektt, serranotLtexx; this device is .
E: unkown command [Log]
updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Errorr instaling zip file "NAME OF THE ZIP"

updating partition details...
...done

do you maybe also know how i can solve this error?

i9190user

Jul 17, 2021
Can someone help me please? I have the right LinageOS version for my phone ans the twrp version 3.0.2.-0 to install the OS this is the error message:

Checking for MD5 File....
Skipping MD5 check: no file found
E3004: this package is for device: serranotle, serranotlebmc, serranoItektt, serranotLtexx; this device is .
E: unkown command [Log]
updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Errorr instaling zip file "NAME OF THE ZIP"

updating partition details...
...done

do you maybe also know how i can solve this error?
try upgrade your twrp to newest version.. mine is 3.5.2_9-0

Top Liked Posts