[ROM][I9190/I9192/I9195/L520/R890][Unofficial][11.0.0] LineageOS 18.1 for S4 Mini

Search This thread

onlyhereforaminute

Jan 22, 2022
Maybe update post 2 with basic instructions?

Odin 3.13+ requires .tar, .md5, .smd, .gz, or .tgz, so why are your twrp links .img files? Should I use the files at https://dl.twrp.me/serranoltexx/ ?

STEP 1: Download TWRP TAR FILE from https://dl.twrp.me/serranoltexx/twrp-3.5.0_9-0-serranoltexx.img.tar.html

STEP 2: with phone off, boot to rom download mode via simultaneously pressing volume down, home button, and power button. press volume up when prompted to confirm risky business. Connect the USB to computer.

STEP 3: Using odin, make sure just the box next to AP is checked, then click AP and select the TWRP tar file. Next to the log is the options tab, unselect all checkboxes, click start.

STEP 4: Watch odin fail, with your phone saying SECURE CHECK FAIL : recovery.

STEP 5: Search for solutions for an hour and find none that work

kurtn

Maybe update post 2 with basic instructions?

Odin 3.13+ requires .tar, .md5, .smd, .gz, or .tgz, so why are your twrp links .img files? Should I use the files at https://dl.twrp.me/serranoltexx/ ?

STEP 1: Download TWRP TAR FILE from https://dl.twrp.me/serranoltexx/twrp-3.5.0_9-0-serranoltexx.img.tar.html

STEP 2: with phone off, boot to rom download mode via simultaneously pressing volume down, home button, and power button. press volume up when prompted to confirm risky business. Connect the USB to computer.

STEP 3: Using odin, make sure just the box next to AP is checked, then click AP and select the TWRP tar file. Next to the log is the options tab, unselect all checkboxes, click start.

STEP 4: Watch odin fail, with your phone saying SECURE CHECK FAIL : recovery.

STEP 5: Search for solutions for an hour and find none that work
Why that sarcasm? Here is an alternative installation guide.

kurtn

Hey there thanks for creating these roms.
Im a total noob trying to make this rom work, had 17.1 for a long while it worked perfectly besides the sms app but sorted that easy.

I updated to 18.1 now and have some problems I cant fix. The phone cant seem to get an location? any fix for that? and the music player crashes when adding tracks to a playlist, does it help to change music player?

Also how do I update the phone with these small "patches" anyone that can write an step by step for that? last time I tried I had to format everything just got stuck in boot.
The phone has slow gps fix. Install SatStat from f-droid, go outdoors and warch, how slow it is.

My procedure for updates within an android version: download zip (maybe renane if it comes as .zip.jar)
Reboot into recovery. Install zip. (Don't wipe anything) reboot into system.

Kaosmo

Jan 22, 2022
The phone has slow gps fix. Install SatStat from f-droid, go outdoors and warch, how slow it is.

My procedure for updates within an android version: download zip (maybe renane if it comes as .zip.jar)
Reboot into recovery. Install zip. (Don't wipe anything) reboot into system.
Dont understand what you mean. It worked with 17.1 why doesnt it work now with a newer version? Or is it something wrong with my phone specific? Does the new update fix this?

• Wow
Reactions: kurtn

BigOneT

Jun 21, 2017
If anyone have Battery drain problems, i have found a Problem... in the shortcut menu there was some features on, if i put these off the bettery drain was fixed!

Not wonder my friends, i have an expanded Battery 3800 mAH

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220128-140702_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220128-140702_Trebuchet.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 219
  • Screenshot_20220128-141251_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20220128-141251_Einstellungen.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 217

Kaosmo

Jan 22, 2022
Now I understand what you mean by slow gps. Dont have internet on all the time and it found the gps fix when I had it on for 1 hour+

Only music playlist bug left, anyone know a free player with build in EQ?

kurtn

Now I understand what you mean by slow gps. Dont have internet on all the time and it found the gps fix when I had it on for 1 hour+

Only music playlist bug left, anyone know a free player with build in EQ?
LineageOS has an EQ called AudioFX. Should work with most players. Vanilla music from f-droid is good.

• Love
Reactions: Concept48

Aug 27, 2015
I'm trying to hook up a bluetooth keyboard. I'm using the i9195 without gapps. On other devices with LOS 18.1, when I pair the keyboard it invokes the physical keyboard stuff, but not on the S4 mini. It pairs as an input device, but doesn't do anything.

Anyone had any joy connecting physical keyboards to this (otherwise phenomenal) build?

DEVSEE

Feb 9, 2022
I have a camera problem. The preview has the wrong orientation (so the wrong scaling), but it's correct in panorama-mode. The saved image has the right scaling but still the wrong orientation.

Screenshot_20220209-215450_Kamera[1].png

panorama

Screenshot_20220209-215512_Kamera_Panorama[1].png

Last edited by a moderator:

RandomNewbie

Dec 19, 2014
Thanks for this ROM, this is so amazing that I legit thought if I should buy second-hand S4 Minis just for this! Absolute quality work, despite some smaller issues.
Also there is currently a small battery drain bug related to JDWP in LineageOS. Enabling USB debugging in the developer options fixes it for now. Since this device needs every power and battery it needs, this is quite important to know.

Edit: I discovered a fix myself. With a root file manager, go to /system/build.prop and the add line
Code:
ro.debuggable=0
on top. Restart the phone, and then you can then disable USB debugging again.

Since the LineageOS developers showed no interest to fix this, it's important to keep this setting in mind on updates.

Last edited:

loveless2090

Dec 15, 2019
I have a camera problem. The preview has the wrong orientation (so the wrong scaling), but it's correct in panorama-mode. The saved image has the right scaling but still the wrong orientation.

https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-i9190-i...eageos-18-1-for-s4-mini.4189967/post-86399565

It's a bit strange 5 days ago my camera (opencamera) worked fine, now i have the problem. So i think it can't be a problem with the last image. And it's a system-wide problem, because it doesn't work in opencamera and in the default camera app. And it's only the back camera, the front camera works fine. Does anybody now, how someone could fix the problem? Or can this be a hardware defect?

Last edited:

kurtn

It's a bit strange 5 days ago my camera (opencamera) worked fine, now i have the problem. So i think it can't be a problem with the last image. And it's a system-wide problem, because it doesn't work in opencamera and in the default camera app. And it's only the back camera, the front camera works fine. Does anybody now, how someone could fix the problem? Or can this be a hardware defect?
No problem on my phone. LineageOS camera, no GApps, no magisk

steve8x8

Jul 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
OnePlus One
Anyone succeeded to install the latest LOS 18.1, MindTheGApps and Magisk 24.2 from scratch?

I got "cannot mount /system" - when I went back to 24.0 I succeeded first, but upgrading to 24.2 gave me a soft brick (fixed by booting into TWRP and installing Magisk-24.0.zip, phew, with 24.2 app kept). 24.1 as intermediate step was apparently okay...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts