[ROM][I9190/I9192/I9195/L520/R890][Unofficial][11.0.0] LineageOS 18.1 for S4 Mini

Search This thread

borg17a

Aug 18, 2010
Thank you for this great ROM!

There's one annoying problem: After some time it looses mobile connection and cannot reconnect. I have to restart it to get a mobile connection again.

Switching off the SIM PIN doesn't help.

I have the same problem with LOS 17.

boernsen

Jan 18, 2021
Does anyone use Private DNS?
I'm not able to get it work. It always states "Couldn't connect" if I configure it with dns2.dismail.de. On my other S4mini running LOS16 (also from arco! Thank you!! :)) it works properly. Can I do anything about it or is it just not supported yet?

boernsen

Jan 18, 2021
Does anyone use Private DNS?
I'm not able to get it work. It always states "Couldn't connect" if I configure it with dns2.dismail.de. On my other S4mini running LOS16 (also from arco! Thank you!! :)) it works properly. Can I do anything about it or is it just not supported yet?
For me it works: dns.quad9.net
Doesn't work either. Strange. I'm only using Wifi without any SIM card at the moment and the Wifi symbol has a little "x" / "No Internet" message even without Private DNS and internet working otherwise. Could that be a reason?

boernsen

Jan 18, 2021
Never mind, it's the firewall (AFWall+). If I allow the long-named app "Dynamic System Updates, Network manager, Android System, ...etc", it works!

Also the little "x" / "No Internet" message is gone now.

oliv4

Jun 24, 2015
There's one annoying problem: After some time it looses mobile connection and cannot reconnect. I have to restart it to get a mobile connection again.
It happens to me every now and then, at most a few times a months. Sometimes switch airplane on and off fixes it, sometimes I have to reboot the phone.

d-Modie

Jan 30, 2010
I only like to say a big thank you to keep my bike phone alive and working!

Last edited:

carlos974

May 18, 2016
Saint-Denis Ile de la Réunion
For my part this is how I do the update (since android 9)
I first go to the /system/product/app/webview directory and delete all the elements.

With mixplorer and the new webwiew.apk I rename it webview.zip
I open webview.zip and copy the files from the lib directory

In /system/product/app/webview I create a lib/arm folder and I paste the libs.

In the webview directory I but the webview.apk file

I restart >> ok

For information for each rom update I made a fix to make things easier for me because I have other applications that I add and delete
Hi @arco68
I just tried the TWRP method from here:

I don't get any webview in developer options. What am I missing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220512-200821_crDroid_Home.png
    Screenshot_20220512-200821_crDroid_Home.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 45

boernsen

Jan 18, 2021
I just installed April update, now my maps on external storage (SD card) in android/data folder of sygic and Magic Earth are gone, can't install them on external storage anymore, with March update I don't have these problems

I don't know if it's related, but the app AntennaPod doesn't recognize any external storage on my S4mini (it did on Android 9). With OSMAnd, the only way I found to use external storage is to manually specifiy the folder <extSD>/Android/media/net.osmand.plus. It doesn't seem to have access to the standard folders like <extSD>/Android/data/net.osmand.plus/files or <extSD>/Android/obb/net.osmand.plus. Unfortunately, AntennaPod doesn't have that option, so I cannot really use it at the moment except in pure streaming mode due to limited internal storage space on my S4mini.

I am on lineage-18.1-20220412-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx right now and never tried any other build of LOS18 as I recently upgraded from arco's LOS16 / Android 9, where I didn't face that issue.

Does it have something to do with Scoped Storage Permissions as discussed here on stackoverflow? Does anybody know any workarounds?

Nevertheless, big thanks again to arco, who makes our senior phones to be still running!!! 🙏

RolfW

Feb 5, 2020
It happens to me every now and then, at most a few times a months. Sometimes switch airplane on and off fixes it, sometimes I have to reboot the phone.
I had the same problem. Try this:

Dial *#*#4636#*#*
Select "Phone information" (the first item / I'm using a german localization and so the translation maybe wrong).
Search for "Preferred network type" and set to "LTE/UMTS auto (PLR)"

Maybe the root cause is related to the switch off of the UMTS network in Germany / Vodafone?

Rolf

jbohac

Jul 12, 2021

Switching off the SIM PIN doesn't help.

I have the same problem with LOS 17.
Same here (also in both LOS 17 and LOS 18). But I found that it only happens when I turn on the battery saver. Then it happens maybe once a day. With battery saver off, i think it happened once in a month (and that might have been because battery saver perhaps turned on automatically in a low battery situation).

TTTAT

Jun 4, 2022
Thanks for the firmware, I got up fine, accidentally stumbled upon this forum, I had this little snake lying around. Everything is fine, the only thing when playing online music when the screen is locked, it starts to stutter. Even when you turn on the screen, it still stutters. It used to be like this, I can't remember what I did, but the music was completely turned off there. It works fine with the internal one. Do not tell me what to do in this case.

Last edited:

Oldie54

Jan 23, 2021
Select "Phone information" (the first item / I'm using a german localization and so the translation maybe wrong).
Search for "Preferred network type" and set to "LTE/UMTS auto (PLR)"

Maybe the root cause is related to the switch off of the UMTS network in Germany / Vodafone?
I do not have this choice. Maybe it depends on the network (O2 for me). I tried 2 other choices that seemed to be similar, but it still loses connection.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts