[ROM][I9505][4.3] S4 Google Edition I9505VJUBMG8 (build: JWR66V) PreRooted Deodexed

Search This thread

chocodough

Aug 28, 2003
Thank you very much for the info my friend. It's exactly like you say b/c this Rom was created from the same leak as the AT&T one... Im wondering if the missing CSC are creating issues only for people who are not on the International (GT-I9505) S4 variant?

On my phone for example. When running 4.3, I would randomly lose signal, and it would come back by itself within a minute.

Also I would just out of the blue get a new voicemail, but the phone never rang.

I'm not sure if my issues were the result of the missing CSC files though, but ya never know.

Also the link you posted to the CSC ZIP file. When you click on the link, it doesn't come up to download like your main file from the OP. For some reason Google is opening the zip and showing the files inside the zip.

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
On my phone for example. When running 4.3, I would randomly lose signal, and it would come back by itself within a minute.

Also I would just out of the blue get a new voicemail, but the phone never rang.

I'm not sure if my issues were the result of the missing CSC files though, but ya never know.

Also the link you posted to the CSC ZIP file. When you click on the link, it doesn't come up to download like your main file from the OP. For some reason Google is opening the zip and showing the files inside the zip.

Are you on AT&T im assuming? It should work but worst case scenario nothing happens and then u can go manually and delete the csc folder from your system directory. When you go to my stupid google drive, click on file and then there's an option at the end "download"... It downloads the .zip that way... I think Samsung has teamed up with Google and they are after me :laugh: Anybody said delusions?? Oh wait, it's just the voices... :p

Finally, to give you an idea what the importance of the CSC folder could be, the file feature.xml is a file with a sihtload of code that adds or removes various features that have to do mainly (but not only) with phone, internet/wifi, messaging, etc. etc. etc. By modifying (or better adding) a few lines of code to the feature.xml file in my custom TW Rom I managed to add various mods to it like exit button from browser, show sms sent time, include a call setting in the system settings, and many more... Mainly, I believe CSC interacts with the baseband of your phone (but i could be completely off about that...)

chocodough

Aug 28, 2003
Are you on AT&T im assuming? It should work but worst case scenario nothing happens and then u can go manually and delete the csc folder from your system directory. When you go to my stupid google drive, click on file and then there's an option at the end "download"... It downloads the .zip that way... I think Samsung has teamed up with Google and they are after me :laugh: Anybody said delusions?? Oh wait, it's just the voices... :p

Finally, to give you an idea what the importance of the CSC folder could be, the file feature.xml is a file with a sihtload of code that adds or removes various features that have to do mainly (but not only) with phone, internet/wifi, messaging, etc. etc. etc. By modifying (or better adding) a few lines of code to the feature.xml file in my custom TW Rom I managed to add various mods to it like exit button from browser, show sms sent time, include a call setting in the system settings, and many more... Mainly, I believe CSC interacts with the baseband of your phone (but i could be completely off about that...)

Yes I am on AT&T.

So I assume the CSC files you just posted are from the first GE Leak? Cause there might of been changes to when the second leak was compiled to some if not all of the CSC files.

Also, I wonder why whomever did the leak originally got a copy without the CSC files? It makes me wonder what else might be missing.

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
Yes I am on AT&T.

So I assume the CSC files you just posted are from the first GE Leak? Cause there might of been changes to when the second leak was compiled to some if not all of the CSC files.

Also, I wonder why whomever did the leak originally got a copy without the CSC files? It makes me wonder what else might be missing.

That's correct! Its from the 1st 4.3 leak. I know it maybe too much, but can you list all the issues you had witj the odexed unrooted version? So that maybe we can see if they can all (at least in theory) be attributed to the CSC Folder missing. The changes from one leak to the other were very minor imo... maybe the CSC folder didnt change.... but again that's all just speculation....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium

chocodough

Aug 28, 2003
That's correct! Its from the 1st 4.3 leak. I know it maybe too much, but can you list all the issues you had witj the odexed unrooted version? So that maybe we can see if they can all (at least in theory) be attributed to the CSC Folder missing. The changes from one leak to the other were very minor imo... maybe the CSC folder didnt change.... but again that's all just speculation....

The issues I listed in post #62 were really the only big issues I had, which were really a big problem.

Also this one is minor, but when I connected a bluetooth device, I would get a notification in the drop down that "TuneIn Radio is running, Please End process to Quit", which I don't get with 4.2.2. That might be a bug with Tunein and 4.3, I'm not sure. but anything that uses the baseband could be a problem without the missing CSC files.

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
The issues I listed in post #62 were really the only big issues I had, which were really a big problem.

Also this one is minor, but when I connected a bluetooth device, I would get a notification in the drop down that "TuneIn Radio is running, Please End process to Quit", which I don't get with 4.2.2. That might be a bug with Tunein and 4.3, I'm not sure. but anything that uses the baseband could be a problem without the missing CSC files.

Those are my exact thoughts!! B/c all the issues you are facing ARE related both to baseband and therefor CSC codes...Im sorry im not testing the CSC zip file for you but (1) im constantly running tests and trying to redesign my custom TW rom and (2) since im not facing your issues, i wouldnt know whether they are fixed by flashing the .zip file...

simonsalo

Apr 20, 2006
which leak to use?

This archive is missing the /system/csc folder and it's files.

The thread, which is now closed in the AT&T Dev forum for the untouched version of this leak also was originally missing it, which some people, including myself were having some issues.

He corrected the archive with the additional CSC files which oddly enough were missing. But Unfortunately Samsung made XDA take down his files, and I didn't get a chance to get his newer version with the CSC files before it was taking down.

I just wanted to add that info into the thread.

I managed to download his latest update before it was taken down. Haven't flashed yet because my new i9505 hasn't arrived yet! Should I flash yours instead? What are the advantages of your deodexed rom? Which of your links is the latest version of your rom with the csc issues resolved? Regards Simon
Your links are no longer working art the moment. Says wait 24 hours?

Last edited:
Reactions: n00b Samurai

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
I managed to download his latest update before it was taken down. Haven't flashed yet because my new i9505 hasn't arrived yet! Should I flash yours instead? What are the advantages of your deodexed rom? Which of your links is the latest version of your rom with the csc issues resolved? Regards Simon

Deodexed allows you to do theming and stuff like that...
I would use the latest version with the CSC issue fixed that you have downloaded from the other thread..

This Rom is as is.. Haven't incorporated the missing csc files to it...
I have no real feedback about it besides my own, so I m not sure how other people are liking it.... I had no issues on my international GT-I9505 though...

JamesKinds

Nov 30, 2007
Does OTA work in this ROM?

friedrich420,

Firstly, let me say a HUGE thank you for giving me the power to have stock Android on my i9505. The i9505G was not available for purchase in my country.

I have successfully installed the 4.3 ROM and everything appears to be working well.

A question that I do have is do you know whether OTA works in this ROM?

Thanks again for your great work.

Regards,

Jk

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
friedrich420,

Firstly, let me say a HUGE thank you for giving me the power to have stock Android on my i9505. The i9505G was not available for purchase in my country.

I have successfully installed the 4.3 ROM and everything appears to be working well.

A question that I do have is do you know whether OTA works in this ROM?

Thanks again for your great work.

Regards,

Jk

You are very welcome my friend! Unfortunately no OTA :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone :) This is what I've been cooking this morning ;) The newest 4.3 Leak for Google Edition S4!!! (Build number: JWR66V.S001.130708).

The ROM is completely STOCK. It is Pre-Rooted, Deodexed with busybox installed and all .apk's zipaligned.

The first version is just basic.... Im planning on trying to add as many of the fun and interesting TW features (not just from the S4) and removing as much bloat in later versions... For now let's experiment with this version together ;)

So far it has only been tested on the International variant of the S4, the GT-I9505.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

https://mega.co.nz/#!3A12lLIL!Vx5f-UBP7_zXm5o4nzjPEA9XmKATXmc-o_psT_HtcCk

MD5 Sum: A92CC1D83635FBC77571A99BDDB101AF

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Disable SIM PIN (known issue with 4.3)
    2. Download the .zip file from the above link and put it in your SD card
    3. When in recovery, do a clean install (Wipe Data and System)
    4. Flash via Recovery (I suggest Philz Recovery)
    5. After flashing, DON'T PRESS "Yes-Disable Recovery Flash" (because this way you will lose your root)
    6. Reboot and let's play :)

Thanks and Credits:
    1. karoolus for the leaked odin version of the 4.3 Google Edition Rom (check this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=43722206)
    2. The ONE and ONLY Chainfire for beating Samsung once again and providing us with Root!!! (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2219803, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538053)
    3. dsixda's Android Kitchen http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246
    4. Everyone here at XDA!!!

NOTES:
    1. Bugs: As with the initial 4.3 leak there’s some hanging when trying to unlock your SIM card. Solution: remove the pin from your SIM card.

I would be surprised if anyone browsing this thread doesn't realize that: Flashing this Rom voids your warranty. I am not RESPONSIBLE for anything happening to your phone as a result of you flashing this Rom...
    Wow :( A forgotten paste at the end of the updater script and this is the result... Im very sorry for those who got bootloops!! Im fixing ASAP and re-releasing... Thank you so much for your great search instincts that took you to the updater script.... I got tricked i guess by it working flawlessly on the 2 S4's i tried it.... Oh well, live and learn (and this is a learning experience since this is the 1st cooked Rom i posted...)

This stupid command line at the end:
    assert(package_extract_file("boot.img", "/tmp/boot.img"),
    write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p20"),
    delete("/tmp/boot.img"));

Im really pissed at myself and embarrassed and again I apologize to everyone here at the XDA Community for my mistake!!! :(

this will not work i have test it im become a status 7.......

add this line : package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p20");

this is working

or download this and replace this with your updater-script :)

http://d-h.st/8rB

your work is good ;) you must not are pissed ....you are a new developer this is normal :)
    Can you use the 4 way reboot mod on this? Thanks for this amazing ROM!

Thank you for your feedback my friend!! :)
    Unfortunately, the one I had in mind (gharrigton's) didn't work and so far have not been able to make it work on the 4.3...

However, late last night I accidentally discovered this thread, which seems very likely to work on the Google Edition http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2344979

Haven't tested it yet though....

Something off topic: I realized that cooking and posting Roms requires at least 2 phones (of the same kind i mean...) :eek: Right now I have my newly released TW Rom (Echoe Rom v1) on my S4 testing it and what not... I kind of thought that people didn't give a #$#$% for this Rom, given the interest in it, so I kind of put it aside for now.. Ill restore my backup and start "playing" again with this Rom and will at least figure out the extended power menu...

Users who seem willing to at least try my work are MY ONLY MOTIVATION...

Deodexed allows you to do theming and stuff like that...
    I would use the latest version with the CSC issue fixed that you have downloaded from the other thread..

This Rom is as is.. Haven't incorporated the missing csc files to it...
    I have no real feedback about it besides my own, so I m not sure how other people are liking it.... I had no issues on my international GT-I9505 though...
    Not work for me. Flash be ok, but when reboot (after wait first start) i not see bootanimation and restart alone everytime... I see inside updater-script and i not see line command to flash kernel, is normal?

no this is not normal download mine rom this is with kernel line in updater-script :) or wait here for a fix :)