[ROM][I9505][4.3] S4 Google Edition I9505VJUBMG8 (build: JWR66V) PreRooted Deodexed

Search This thread

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
Hello everyone :) This is what I've been cooking this morning ;) The newest 4.3 Leak for Google Edition S4!!! (Build number: JWR66V.S001.130708).

The ROM is completely STOCK. It is Pre-Rooted, Deodexed with busybox installed and all .apk's zipaligned.

The first version is just basic.... Im planning on trying to add as many of the fun and interesting TW features (not just from the S4) and removing as much bloat in later versions... For now let's experiment with this version together ;)

So far it has only been tested on the International variant of the S4, the GT-I9505.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

https://mega.co.nz/#!3A12lLIL!Vx5f-UBP7_zXm5o4nzjPEA9XmKATXmc-o_psT_HtcCk

MD5 Sum: A92CC1D83635FBC77571A99BDDB101AF

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Disable SIM PIN (known issue with 4.3)
2. Download the .zip file from the above link and put it in your SD card
3. When in recovery, do a clean install (Wipe Data and System)
4. Flash via Recovery (I suggest Philz Recovery)
5. After flashing, DON'T PRESS "Yes-Disable Recovery Flash" (because this way you will lose your root)
6. Reboot and let's play :)

Thanks and Credits:
1. karoolus for the leaked odin version of the 4.3 Google Edition Rom (check this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43722206)
2. The ONE and ONLY Chainfire for beating Samsung once again and providing us with Root!!! (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2219803, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053)
3. dsixda's Android Kitchen http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246
4. Everyone here at XDA!!!

NOTES:
1. Bugs: As with the initial 4.3 leak there’s some hanging when trying to unlock your SIM card. Solution: remove the pin from your SIM card.

I would be surprised if anyone browsing this thread doesn't realize that: Flashing this Rom voids your warranty. I am not RESPONSIBLE for anything happening to your phone as a result of you flashing this Rom...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-19-16-01-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-19-16-01-11.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 7,283
  • Screenshot_2013-07-19-16-01-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-19-16-01-37.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 6,630
  • Screenshot_2013-07-19-16-02-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-19-16-02-28.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 6,552
  • Screenshot_2013-07-19-16-05-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-19-16-05-40.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 6,521
Last edited:

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
Thinks download …… :)

Thinks play with it and help us make it better ;) One thing I found out is that it does not like any Benchmarks!!! It shuts off when i tried Antutu and Quadrant. I got the urge to bench it because it's so silky smooth and fast.... However, it was not meant to be... So im throwing out my own Antutu estimate @ around 26783 :laugh:

Reactions: BoonDawk

broodplank1337

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
Thinks play with it and help us make it better ;) One thing I found out is that it does not like any Benchmarks!!! It shuts off when i tried Antutu and Quadrant. I got the urge to bench it because it's so silky smooth and fast.... However, it was not meant to be... So im throwing out my own Antutu estimate @ around 26783 :laugh:

I also have that, this means your phone gets to hot and you need to undervolt to prevent it

Reactions: friedrich420

plakers

Apr 26, 2011
Lyon
Thank you for the info my friend :) Im thinking Audism Kernel then!!

Undervolt AND Underclock if it's not enough...
(and because of the low capabilities to U/V on my device... around -50mV only, unstable if I get lower)

Hope new kernels will be as good as the ones on my S3... Especially perseus' one :)

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Yes! There is a camera update once you boot it for the 1st time. It's the newest leak from this morning...

What's in? Only FW upgrade or new capabilities (like saving to external SD... ;))

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
build.prop attributes from previous 4.3 leak

Code:
ro.build.id=JWR66N.S005
[B]ro.build.display.id=[/B][B]JWR66N.S005.130625[/B]
ro.build.version.incremental=130625
ro.build.version.sdk=18
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.3
[B]ro.build.date=[/B][B]Wed Jun 26 21:33:59 KST 2013[/B]
ro.build.date.utc=1372250039
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=se.infra
ro.build.host=R0301-09
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=GT-I9505G
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=jgedlteue
ro.product.device=jgedlte
ro.product.board=MSM8960
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=af
ro.product.locale.region=ZA

build.prop attributes from this leak

Code:
ro.build.id=JWR66V.S001
[B]ro.build.display.id=JWR66V.S001.130708[/B]
ro.build.version.incremental=130708
ro.build.version.sdk=18
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.3
[B]ro.build.date=Thu Jul 11 19:32:35 KST 2013[/B]
ro.build.date.utc=1373538755
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=se.infra
ro.build.host=S0210-16
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=GT-I9505G
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=jgedlteue
ro.product.device=jgedlte
ro.product.board=MSM8960
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US

Reactions: eseregin

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
Undervolt AND Underclock if it's not enough...
(and because of the low capabilities to U/V on my device... around -50mV only, unstable if I get lower)

Hope new kernels will be as good as the ones on my S3... Especially perseus' one :)

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

What's in? Only FW upgrade or new capabilities (like saving to external SD... ;))

Unfortunately no "saving to external SD" capabilities yet... Besides the camera update, no other visible changes. I want to say it's smoother and faster but the other one was pretty smooth and fast. The battery I think is definitely better than the 1st leak!! :good:

Oh yeah man!! Right on! We need Perseus on the S4!! I had it all the time with pretty much any Rom on my Note2...

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
My 1st flash after cooking it was with a data wipe and system wipe. If you use Philz it's the "Clean to Installl a New Rom" option... Unless you are on another version of Google Edition Rom then i would thing just a factory reset would suffice...

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
My 1st flash after cooking it was with a data wipe and system wipe. If you use Philz it's the "Clean to Installl a New Rom" option... Unless you are on another version of Google Edition Rom then i would thing just a factory reset would suffice...

Does mounts & storage/format data kill my files on the internal sd?? I can try this... Phone doesn't get to the desktop, just the boot logo

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk 2

SirGadden

Feb 15, 2010
Stockholm
Tried flashing this and it's working perfectly here :)

Only problems I have is with AdAway and Titanium Backup acting up and sometimes freezing up, but I guess that's a 4.3 issue we'll have to live with...

Reactions: friedrich420

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone :) This is what I've been cooking this morning ;) The newest 4.3 Leak for Google Edition S4!!! (Build number: JWR66V.S001.130708).

The ROM is completely STOCK. It is Pre-Rooted, Deodexed with busybox installed and all .apk's zipaligned.

The first version is just basic.... Im planning on trying to add as many of the fun and interesting TW features (not just from the S4) and removing as much bloat in later versions... For now let's experiment with this version together ;)

So far it has only been tested on the International variant of the S4, the GT-I9505.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

https://mega.co.nz/#!3A12lLIL!Vx5f-UBP7_zXm5o4nzjPEA9XmKATXmc-o_psT_HtcCk

MD5 Sum: A92CC1D83635FBC77571A99BDDB101AF

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Disable SIM PIN (known issue with 4.3)
    2. Download the .zip file from the above link and put it in your SD card
    3. When in recovery, do a clean install (Wipe Data and System)
    4. Flash via Recovery (I suggest Philz Recovery)
    5. After flashing, DON'T PRESS "Yes-Disable Recovery Flash" (because this way you will lose your root)
    6. Reboot and let's play :)

Thanks and Credits:
    1. karoolus for the leaked odin version of the 4.3 Google Edition Rom (check this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43722206)
    2. The ONE and ONLY Chainfire for beating Samsung once again and providing us with Root!!! (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2219803, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053)
    3. dsixda's Android Kitchen http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246
    4. Everyone here at XDA!!!

NOTES:
    1. Bugs: As with the initial 4.3 leak there’s some hanging when trying to unlock your SIM card. Solution: remove the pin from your SIM card.

I would be surprised if anyone browsing this thread doesn't realize that: Flashing this Rom voids your warranty. I am not RESPONSIBLE for anything happening to your phone as a result of you flashing this Rom...
    Wow :( A forgotten paste at the end of the updater script and this is the result... Im very sorry for those who got bootloops!! Im fixing ASAP and re-releasing... Thank you so much for your great search instincts that took you to the updater script.... I got tricked i guess by it working flawlessly on the 2 S4's i tried it.... Oh well, live and learn (and this is a learning experience since this is the 1st cooked Rom i posted...)

This stupid command line at the end:
    assert(package_extract_file("boot.img", "/tmp/boot.img"),
    write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p20"),
    delete("/tmp/boot.img"));

Im really pissed at myself and embarrassed and again I apologize to everyone here at the XDA Community for my mistake!!! :(

this will not work i have test it im become a status 7.......

add this line : package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p20");

this is working

or download this and replace this with your updater-script :)

http://d-h.st/8rB

your work is good ;) you must not are pissed ....you are a new developer this is normal :)
    Can you use the 4 way reboot mod on this? Thanks for this amazing ROM!

Thank you for your feedback my friend!! :)
    Unfortunately, the one I had in mind (gharrigton's) didn't work and so far have not been able to make it work on the 4.3...

However, late last night I accidentally discovered this thread, which seems very likely to work on the Google Edition http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2344979

Haven't tested it yet though....

Something off topic: I realized that cooking and posting Roms requires at least 2 phones (of the same kind i mean...) :eek: Right now I have my newly released TW Rom (Echoe Rom v1) on my S4 testing it and what not... I kind of thought that people didn't give a #$#$% for this Rom, given the interest in it, so I kind of put it aside for now.. Ill restore my backup and start "playing" again with this Rom and will at least figure out the extended power menu...

Users who seem willing to at least try my work are MY ONLY MOTIVATION...
    I managed to download his latest update before it was taken down. Haven't flashed yet because my new i9505 hasn't arrived yet! Should I flash yours instead? What are the advantages of your deodexed rom? Which of your links is the latest version of your rom with the csc issues resolved? Regards Simon

Deodexed allows you to do theming and stuff like that...
    I would use the latest version with the CSC issue fixed that you have downloaded from the other thread..

This Rom is as is.. Haven't incorporated the missing csc files to it...
    I have no real feedback about it besides my own, so I m not sure how other people are liking it.... I had no issues on my international GT-I9505 though...
    Not work for me. Flash be ok, but when reboot (after wait first start) i not see bootanimation and restart alone everytime... I see inside updater-script and i not see line command to flash kernel, is normal?

no this is not normal download mine rom this is with kernel line in updater-script :) or wait here for a fix :)