• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] i9505- Sailfish OS

Search This thread

wickwire

Aug 17, 2010
Important Notice:

The original poster and creator of this thread is JustSueMe. His original work was one of the main contributors for me to work on this topic.
As proof of the above, his original message is kept in this main post, just below - and the people thanking this thread are there due to his efforts.
Along with JustSueMe's work, I would also like to refer Simon Van der Veldt for his work on this topic as well - particularly on Github, the porters at #[email protected], especially mal- for his patience and support helping me out with this and the users here like Alecsandru also trying to making this work.

So a Big Thank You to all!

2016-07-07 Update:

Haven't had a lot of time lately to work on this, but still some new information on current status:

* The mer wiki page below now includes the notes I used on my port, by addressing each chapter of the SailfishOS HADK Porting Guide - so for those willing to work on this, go have a look and let me know how it goes!
* About the outgoing call issue: this seems to be a more delicate matter than initially thought. There isn't much information available out there, but based on JustSueMe's early work found here and also chatting with some very knowledgeable people down at #sailfishos-porters, it seems that we're dealing with an old RIL (radio interface layer) which is closed source and may have some issues in itself, and at this point, if assuming that if by working on cm-12.1 stable, then it should also work on SOFS, then perhaps something can be done either at ofono/audio routing level - relevant reading here about the architecture
* WLAN hotspot: this is not working on v0.0.9 and may be made to work perhaps on 0.0.10, will have to look a it
* Cameras: still no progress worth mentioning

2016-06-20 Update:

Mer Wiki Page
Latest SailfishOS Release
Youtube Video Gallery

2016-06-18 - version 0.0.8 - based on cyanogenmod 12.1 / android 5.0.1
2016-06-26 - version 0.0.9 - Bluetooth: now working, but with quirks. Details in the Release Notes

Things that don't work
  • Jolla Store (Harbour) doesn't work. Do not sign in with Jolla account.
  • Bluetooth: yet to be set up.
  • Voicecall: receiving calls works properly (along with Speaker, Pad and Mic buttons) / making calls fails with 3 tone signal.
  • Camera: only front camera photo works. back camera photo + any camera video fails.
  • Mobile Internet: intermittent feature, between reboots:
  • setting PIN code for the SIM card seems to help;
  • additionally, try giving it 10-15sec pause once the SIM inserted screen shows up, and then enter the PIN to unlock.
  • Home key not working.
  • Headphone jack.
  • Screen going to suspend mode not working.

Things that work
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • SMS
  • Audio

Original Post from JustSueMe below:

Only You Are Responsible For Your Device. Dont Do Anything If You Dont Understand

Code:
[SIZE="2"]                                                                                                                                
        88                                ad88888ba                         88b           d88             
        88                         ,d    d8"     "8b                        888b         d888             
        88                         88    Y8,                                88`8b       d8'88             
        88 88       88 ,adPPYba, MM88MMM `Y8aaaaa,   88       88  ,adPPYba, 88 `8b     d8' 88  ,adPPYba,  
        88 88       88 I8[    ""   88      `"""""8b, 88       88 a8P_____88 88  `8b   d8'  88 a8P_____88  
        88 88       88  `"Y8ba,    88            `8b 88       88 8PP""""""" 88   `8b d8'   88 8PP"""""""  
88,   ,d88 "8a,   ,a88 aa    ]8I   88,   Y8a     a8P "8a,   ,a88 "8b,   ,aa 88    `888'    88 "8b,   ,aa  
 "Y8888P"   `"YbbdP'Y8 `"YbbdP"'   "Y888  "Y88888P"   `"YbbdP'Y8  `"Ybbd8"' 88     `8'     88  `"Ybbd8"'  

[/SIZE]
This is Sailfish OS for I9505 only
only tested on int version.

Instructions:
Full wipe is needed.
Flash the relavent parts :
--
CM can be obtained from: CM-website
Hybris can be downloaded from here : Dropbox
--
Onces rebooted you will be presented with ONLY the samsung galaxy boot screen
Plug in a usb cable and login via telnet on port 23
--commands will show via telnets welcome screen
so move the file for enabling root and run the echo 'continue' command stated.
now login to telnet via port 2323
congrats you are now logged into SailfishOS and can do some debugging/modifications.
--

BUT ITS NOT USEABLE AS DAILY !!!?
Not to worry ! You have two options:
1. Ignore this thread, this rom isnt for you
2. or you can Dual boot:
---
Dual Booting:
I have made 2 .zips to enable easy dual boot via Custopm recovery
so place these .zips on your sdcard and flash one everytime u want to switch OS.
Boot back into Android (CM) - Dropbox
Book back into SailfishOS - Dropbox
----

Current problems:
Lib Error

Code:
                                                  .~))>>
                                                 .~)>>
                                               .~))))>>>
                                             .~))>>             ___
                                           .~))>>)))>>      .-~))>>
                                         .~)))))>>       .-~))>>)>
                                       .~)))>>))))>>  .-~)>>)>
                   )                 .~))>>))))>>  .-~)))))>>)>
                ( )@@*)             //)>))))))  .-~))))>>)>
              )[email protected](@@               //))>>))) .-~))>>)))))>>)>
            (( @[email protected]).              //))))) .-~)>>)))))>>)>
          ))  )@@*[email protected]@ )          //)>))) //))))))>>))))>>)>
       ((  ((@@@[email protected]@             |/))))) //)))))>>)))>>)>
      )) @@*. )@@ )   (_(-b  |))>)) //)))>>)))))))>>)>
    (( @@@([email protected](@ .    _/`-`  ~|b |>))) //)>>)))))))>>)>
     )* @@@ )@*     (@)  (@) /b|))) //))))))>>))))>>
   (( @. )@( @ .   _/  /    /  b)) //))>>)))))>>>_._
    )@@ (@@*)@@.  (6///6)- / ^  b)//))))))>>)))>>   ~~-.
 ( @[email protected]@. @@@.*@_ VvvvvV//  ^  b/)>>))))>>      _.     `bb
  ((@@ @@@*.(@@ . - | o |'  (  ^   b)))>>        .'       b`,
   ((@@).*@@ )@ )   ^^^/  ((   ^  ~)_          /           b `,
     (@@. (@@ ).     `-'   (((   ^    `    |             b  `
       (*[email protected]*              / ((((        | | |         .       b `.
                         / / (((((       /  _.-~     Y,      b  ;
                        / / / ((((((     .-~   _.`" _.-~`,    b  ;
                       /   /   `(((((()    )    (((((~      `,  b  ;
                     _/  _/      `"""/   /'                  ; b   ;
                 _.-~_.-~           /  /'                _.'~bb _.'
               ((((~~              / /'              _.'~bb.--~
                                  ((((          __.-~bb.-~
                                              .'  b .~~
                                              :bb ,' 
                                              ~~~~

Updates:

XDA:DevDB Information
i9505- Sailfish OS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
JustSueMe
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: CM, Hybris

Version Information

Created 2014-09-27
Last Updated 2014-09-27

Last edited:

nadejo

Jun 28, 2010
how is it performing ? can you use playstore on that os? or install any apk? does root and f2fs work?
thx

JustSueMe

Oct 22, 2012
London
I Think you guys have the wrong idea about this ROM as is.

we have no gui so its debug / developers only at this point

JustSueMe

Oct 22, 2012
London
Dead like bread.
Nah just kidding.
i was waiting for this OS also to come up lol still waiting.:highfive:

I will confirm that it is dead... well as far as this thread goes. Unfortunately, part of my s4 died, so even tho it will boot any rom, daily use features can't be tested anyway, :banghead: , my next phone will be the new Ubuntu device as off late this month

xDroidZz

Oct 6, 2012
Davao City
I will confirm that it is dead... well as far as this thread goes. Unfortunately, part of my s4 died, so even tho it will boot any rom, daily use features can't be tested anyway, :banghead: , my next phone will be the new Ubuntu device as off late this month

How did your s4 died? Dropped it or bricked it by software?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

JustSueMe

Oct 22, 2012
London
How did your s4 died? Dropped it or bricked it by software?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

well its not dead but everyday functions don't work, video. audio/calls. camera.
Camera did one of them auto firmware updates and I can no longer access these functions. I've tried every suggestion to fix it nothing is working.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Free mobile app

xDroidZz

Oct 6, 2012
Davao City
well its not dead but everyday functions don't work, video. audio/calls. camera.
Camera did one of them auto firmware updates and I can no longer access these functions. I've tried every suggestion to fix it nothing is working.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Free mobile app

wow and you are stuck with a Motorola ATRIX 4G MB860 ? Bad luck mate ! Thanks for the contribution that you made :D :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Important Notice:

The original poster and creator of this thread is JustSueMe. His original work was one of the main contributors for me to work on this topic.
    As proof of the above, his original message is kept in this main post, just below - and the people thanking this thread are there due to his efforts.
    Along with JustSueMe's work, I would also like to refer Simon Van der Veldt for his work on this topic as well - particularly on Github, the porters at #[email protected], especially mal- for his patience and support helping me out with this and the users here like Alecsandru also trying to making this work.

So a Big Thank You to all!

2016-07-07 Update:

Haven't had a lot of time lately to work on this, but still some new information on current status:

* The mer wiki page below now includes the notes I used on my port, by addressing each chapter of the SailfishOS HADK Porting Guide - so for those willing to work on this, go have a look and let me know how it goes!
    * About the outgoing call issue: this seems to be a more delicate matter than initially thought. There isn't much information available out there, but based on JustSueMe's early work found here and also chatting with some very knowledgeable people down at #sailfishos-porters, it seems that we're dealing with an old RIL (radio interface layer) which is closed source and may have some issues in itself, and at this point, if assuming that if by working on cm-12.1 stable, then it should also work on SOFS, then perhaps something can be done either at ofono/audio routing level - relevant reading here about the architecture
    * WLAN hotspot: this is not working on v0.0.9 and may be made to work perhaps on 0.0.10, will have to look a it
    * Cameras: still no progress worth mentioning

2016-06-20 Update:

Mer Wiki Page
    Latest SailfishOS Release
    Youtube Video Gallery

2016-06-18 - version 0.0.8 - based on cyanogenmod 12.1 / android 5.0.1
    2016-06-26 - version 0.0.9 - Bluetooth: now working, but with quirks. Details in the Release Notes

Things that don't work
    • Jolla Store (Harbour) doesn't work. Do not sign in with Jolla account.
    • Bluetooth: yet to be set up.
    • Voicecall: receiving calls works properly (along with Speaker, Pad and Mic buttons) / making calls fails with 3 tone signal.
    • Camera: only front camera photo works. back camera photo + any camera video fails.
    • Mobile Internet: intermittent feature, between reboots:
    • setting PIN code for the SIM card seems to help;
    • additionally, try giving it 10-15sec pause once the SIM inserted screen shows up, and then enter the PIN to unlock.
    • Home key not working.
    • Headphone jack.
    • Screen going to suspend mode not working.

Things that work
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • SMS
    • Audio

Original Post from JustSueMe below:

Only You Are Responsible For Your Device. Dont Do Anything If You Dont Understand

Code:
    [SIZE="2"]                                                                                                                                
            88                                ad88888ba                         88b           d88             
            88                         ,d    d8"     "8b                        888b         d888             
            88                         88    Y8,                                88`8b       d8'88             
            88 88       88 ,adPPYba, MM88MMM `Y8aaaaa,   88       88  ,adPPYba, 88 `8b     d8' 88  ,adPPYba,  
            88 88       88 I8[    ""   88      `"""""8b, 88       88 a8P_____88 88  `8b   d8'  88 a8P_____88  
            88 88       88  `"Y8ba,    88            `8b 88       88 8PP""""""" 88   `8b d8'   88 8PP"""""""  
    88,   ,d88 "8a,   ,a88 aa    ]8I   88,   Y8a     a8P "8a,   ,a88 "8b,   ,aa 88    `888'    88 "8b,   ,aa  
     "Y8888P"   `"YbbdP'Y8 `"YbbdP"'   "Y888  "Y88888P"   `"YbbdP'Y8  `"Ybbd8"' 88     `8'     88  `"Ybbd8"'  

[/SIZE]
    This is Sailfish OS for I9505 only
    only tested on int version.

Instructions:
    Full wipe is needed.
    Flash the relavent parts :
    --
    CM can be obtained from: CM-website
    Hybris can be downloaded from here : Dropbox
    --
    Onces rebooted you will be presented with ONLY the samsung galaxy boot screen
    Plug in a usb cable and login via telnet on port 23
    --commands will show via telnets welcome screen
    so move the file for enabling root and run the echo 'continue' command stated.
    now login to telnet via port 2323
    congrats you are now logged into SailfishOS and can do some debugging/modifications.
    --

BUT ITS NOT USEABLE AS DAILY !!!?
    Not to worry ! You have two options:
    1. Ignore this thread, this rom isnt for you
    2. or you can Dual boot:
    ---
    Dual Booting:
    I have made 2 .zips to enable easy dual boot via Custopm recovery
    so place these .zips on your sdcard and flash one everytime u want to switch OS.
    Boot back into Android (CM) - Dropbox
    Book back into SailfishOS - Dropbox
    ----

Current problems:
    Lib Error

Code:
                                                      .~))>>
                                                     .~)>>
                                                   .~))))>>>
                                                 .~))>>             ___
                                               .~))>>)))>>      .-~))>>
                                             .~)))))>>       .-~))>>)>
                                           .~)))>>))))>>  .-~)>>)>
                       )                 .~))>>))))>>  .-~)))))>>)>
                    ( )@@*)             //)>))))))  .-~))))>>)>
                  )[email protected](@@               //))>>))) .-~))>>)))))>>)>
                (( @[email protected]).              //))))) .-~)>>)))))>>)>
              ))  )@@*[email protected]@ )          //)>))) //))))))>>))))>>)>
           ((  ((@@@[email protected]@             |/))))) //)))))>>)))>>)>
          )) @@*. )@@ )   (_(-b  |))>)) //)))>>)))))))>>)>
        (( @@@([email protected](@ .    _/`-`  ~|b |>))) //)>>)))))))>>)>
         )* @@@ )@*     (@)  (@) /b|))) //))))))>>))))>>
       (( @. )@( @ .   _/  /    /  b)) //))>>)))))>>>_._
        )@@ (@@*)@@.  (6///6)- / ^  b)//))))))>>)))>>   ~~-.
     ( @[email protected]@. @@@.*@_ VvvvvV//  ^  b/)>>))))>>      _.     `bb
      ((@@ @@@*.(@@ . - | o |'  (  ^   b)))>>        .'       b`,
       ((@@).*@@ )@ )   ^^^/  ((   ^  ~)_          /           b `,
         (@@. (@@ ).     `-'   (((   ^    `    |             b  `
           (*[email protected]*              / ((((        | | |         .       b `.
                             / / (((((       /  _.-~     Y,      b  ;
                            / / / ((((((     .-~   _.`" _.-~`,    b  ;
                           /   /   `(((((()    )    (((((~      `,  b  ;
                         _/  _/      `"""/   /'                  ; b   ;
                     _.-~_.-~           /  /'                _.'~bb _.'
                   ((((~~              / /'              _.'~bb.--~
                                      ((((          __.-~bb.-~
                                                  .'  b .~~
                                                  :bb ,' 
                                                  ~~~~

Updates:

XDA:DevDB Information
    i9505- Sailfish OS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    JustSueMe
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: CM, Hybris

Version Information

Created 2014-09-27
    Last Updated 2014-09-27
    Mod Edit

Thread cleaned

Please stay on the topic of This ROM

Thank you

malybru
    Senior Moderator
    New ROM - SailfishOS 2.0, CM-12.1 based - jfltexx

Hi,

Although a long time has passed, I would like to share my recent efforts on this subject:

This is a *fairly* working ROM for the Samsung S4 GT-I9505 LTE Black Edition (Europe) - jfltexx for SailfishOS 2.0, based off of Cyanogenmod 12.1

http://images.devaamo.fi/sfe/jfltexx/

Had to rename the zip file in order to split (free box.com account file size limit :rolleyes:)

What works:
    - UI :D
    - WiFi
    - Audio (ringtones, etc)
    - SIM Card:
    -- sms sending/receiving
    -- calls receiving
    -- calls making seems unstable
    -- mobile internet
    - Sensors
    - GPS
    - Jolla Store: will allow access if you create a new account, but even then you'll be accessing a very limited portion of the store.

What doesn't work:
    - Camera: selecting between front/rear camera works, grabbing a picture/recording a video freezes the app
    - Bluetooth (haven't tested it properly yet)
    - Infra-red emitter
    -- Audio jack for headphones

I've included a couple of GUI apps for testing (sensors, GPS) as well as Warehouse.

Flash Cyanogen 12.1 first, then the SailfishOS 2.0 ROM - let me know how it goes for your device, post here - thanks!
    Let's not populate this thread with other rom ideas , this is a new OS, not a fork of android with tweaks inside .
    On topic , the debugging is live now, improvements can be made (network , and other things can be fixed) , wickwire needs some time for him , when he will be ready again he will continue fixing things , if someone want to help it's welcomed , i will try also to assist him as much as i can.